Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Good Morning, Lausanne!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good Morning, Lausanne!

Hello!

I'm a German girl in a Switzerland world.

My name is Katharina, I'm 26 years old and I have moved to Lausanne in April this year. I had a job offer that was just too tempting, so here I am!

And it was a very good decision! Lausanne is a very nice town, the people around are nice and Switzerland, in general, is a beautiful country! I've already started loving it!

Before, I worked as a bookseller in Lyon, France. After my studies (English literature and modern history), I wanted to have some life and work experience in other countries. That's why I looked for jobs in France and found one in a bookshop quite fast. I spent 8 great months in Lyon, meeting gorgeous people (my colleagues, for example, these girls are just adorable!) and enjoying my time.

When I got the job offer for a little publishing house, I just couldn't resist because it corresponds to what I've wanted to do; therefore, I handed in my notice and packed up my stuff.

So, my story continues. I'm looking forward to what's still to come. And maybe, our paths will cross. ;)

See you around!

Katharina

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I'm a German girl in a Switzerland world.

My name is Katharina, I'm 26 years old and I have moved to Lausanne in April this year. I had a job offer that was just too tempting, so here I am!

And it was a very good decision! Lausanne is a very nice town, the people around are nice and Switzerland, in general, is a beautiful country! I've already started loving it!

Before, I worked as a bookseller in Lyon, France. After my studies (English literature and modern history), I wanted to have some life and work experience in other countries. That's why I looked for jobs in France and found one in a bookshop quite fast. I spent 8 great months in Lyon, meeting gorgeous people (my colleagues, for example, these girls are just adorable!) and enjoying my time.

When I got the job offer for a little publishing house, I just couldn't resist because it corresponds to what I've wanted to do; therefore, I handed in my notice and packed up my stuff.

So, my story continues. I'm looking forward to what's still to come. And maybe, our paths will cross. ;)

See you around!

Katharina

Katharina KAug 5, 2011 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 844 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good Morning, Lausanne!
Post 1

Hello and welcome!

So you work as an publishing editor? I always wondered how big is the french market here, my french is still not good enough to be able to read normal books in french.

Jose

Hello and welcome!

So you work as an publishing editor? I always wondered how big is the french market here, my french is still not good enough to be able to read normal books in french.

Jose

Jose S, Aug 6, 2011 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey there!

Cheers fr the welcome!

Well, it's "just" a small publishing house, editing a guide for future and young parents, no "high literature". I love working there, cuz it's motivating and good for keeping my spirits high. In Germany, I started learning French and in Lyon, I had contact to clients every day, so it was quite easy to improve my language skills. My English, however, suffered a bit... But I'm working on it.^^

I'm not sure, but I think, I saw your profile picture on CS already, no??

Kind regards,

Katharina

Hey there!

Cheers fr the welcome!

Well, it's "just" a small publishing house, editing a guide for future and young parents, no "high literature". I love working there, cuz it's motivating and good for keeping my spirits high. In Germany, I started learning French and in Lyon, I had contact to clients every day, so it was quite easy to improve my language skills. My English, however, suffered a bit... But I'm working on it.^^

Kind regards,

Katharina

Katharina K, Aug 6, 2011 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey there!

Cheers fr the welcome!

Kind regards,

Katharina

Hey there!

Cheers fr the welcome!

Kind regards,

Katharina

Katharina K, Aug 6, 2011 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ah, great another fellow CSer in Lausanne, double welcome then :). Don't know if you already have a place, but if not you'll realize the tons of requests you'll get here!

And as additional tip, if you are looking for things to do in the city, there's free concerts in Mont Benon on Tuesdays and open air cinema in Mont Repos on Saturdays, both really nice.

Jose

Ah, great another fellow CSer in Lausanne, double welcome then :). Don't know if you already have a place, but if not you'll realize the tons of requests you'll get here!

And as additional tip, if you are looking for things to do in the city, there's free concerts in Mont Benon on Tuesdays and open air cinema in Mont Repos on Saturdays, both really nice.

Jose

Jose S, Aug 6, 2011 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Oh cool! Free concerts?? I live quite near to Montbenon, that's great. I'll look it up on the web. And open air cinema sounds fun as well!

Cheers for that!!

If ever you're up to go there togehter, don't hesitate.

Katharina

Oh cool! Free concerts?? I live quite near to Montbenon, that's great. I'll look it up on the web. And open air cinema sounds fun as well!

Cheers for that!!

If ever you're up to go there togehter, don't hesitate.

Katharina

Katharina K, Aug 7, 2011 @ 22:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 844 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form