Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Greetings...noob here!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Greetings...noob here!

Hey guys n Gals

Another noob in Geneva (although its now been 6 weeks!) who has finally decided to get 'stuck in' with meeting friendly locals...

A bit about me - I am out here working in-house (legal), originally from Blighty (UK), interested in adventures (i.e. walking about town and down random streets to search for that gem of a shop), love seeing new things and above all, meeting great people.

I love sports, cricket-mad and a mean shot on the pool table (Snooker's my thing but La Sphere is cool!!)

Any meet ups and I'll be there!!

The text you are quoting:

Hey guys n Gals

Another noob in Geneva (although its now been 6 weeks!) who has finally decided to get 'stuck in' with meeting friendly locals...

A bit about me - I am out here working in-house (legal), originally from Blighty (UK), interested in adventures (i.e. walking about town and down random streets to search for that gem of a shop), love seeing new things and above all, meeting great people.

I love sports, cricket-mad and a mean shot on the pool table (Snooker's my thing but La Sphere is cool!!)

Any meet ups and I'll be there!!

Amir HJan 21, 2010 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 780 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Greetings...noob here!
Post 1

Welcome to Geneva!

Welcome to Geneva!

Becky Anderson, Feb 2, 2010 @ 08:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Becky

Thanks for the warm welcome!

A

Hey Becky

Thanks for the warm welcome!

A

Amir H, Feb 2, 2010 @ 09:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You're welcome, how are you finding Geneva so far?

You're welcome, how are you finding Geneva so far?

Becky Anderson, Feb 2, 2010 @ 09:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

...Geneva is...very quiet and reserved ....but as with any new setting, its all about the right attitude. Meeting people on here seems like a fab way to build a social circle, although i've been quite lucky with work colleagues...I should say i'm on a secondment and came out here in December '09....

I'm a stone's throw from the main train station in Geneva and have explored loads on foot, just getting a sense of this place...defo a place to be with a partner/family etc, not so sure for the singleton! :(

I've tried ski-ing, but I think i'll save me knees...! Absolutely hopeless.

How about you? enjoying it so far....?

...Geneva is...very quiet and reserved ....but as with any new setting, its all about the right attitude. Meeting people on here seems like a fab way to build a social circle, although i've been quite lucky with work colleagues...I should say i'm on a secondment and came out here in December '09....

I'm a stone's throw from the main train station in Geneva and have explored loads on foot, just getting a sense of this place...defo a place to be with a partner/family etc, not so sure for the singleton! :(

I've tried ski-ing, but I think i'll save me knees...! Absolutely hopeless.

How about you? enjoying it so far....?

Amir H, Feb 2, 2010 @ 09:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi,

Welcome to Geneva. I'm new too. Been here for a month nearly. Its a good idea to join Glocals as it seems to be the best way to establish a friend network and get to meet up and do things.

Do you play cricket at all? I know a local team desperate for a fast bowler! There is a Geneva cricket league. Seems to be a fair few aussies.

Hi,

Welcome to Geneva. I'm new too. Been here for a month nearly. Its a good idea to join Glocals as it seems to be the best way to establish a friend network and get to meet up and do things.

Do you play cricket at all? I know a local team desperate for a fast bowler! There is a Geneva cricket league. Seems to be a fair few aussies.

john gallagher, Feb 2, 2010 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey John

I do play cricket (was U17 Essex county player) but not a quicky, more guile and googlies!

Its been a while since I played and I'm due back in the UK at the end of Feb so wouldn't like to commit to games and then bail....

Out of interest, what's the format and when do they play?

Hey John

I do play cricket (was U17 Essex county player) but not a quicky, more guile and googlies!

Its been a while since I played and I'm due back in the UK at the end of Feb so wouldn't like to commit to games and then bail....

Out of interest, what's the format and when do they play?

Amir H, Feb 2, 2010 @ 09:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I dont know enough about it to be fair. I was down the local pub with the captain of cerns team. He was trying to get me to join up in summer. I said I might. Depends how busy I am around that time. Dont know what format it is but there is a fair few teams in the league I believe.

I dont know enough about it to be fair. I was down the local pub with the captain of cerns team. He was trying to get me to join up in summer. I said I might. Depends how busy I am around that time. Dont know what format it is but there is a fair few teams in the league I believe.

john gallagher, Feb 2, 2010 @ 21:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 780 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form