Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Greetings

Hi everyone.

Our family has just moved to Geneva from South Africa. We have been here a week so far and its been an amazing time. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful, I hope its a sign of things to come.

Pretty much my Wife works at CERN, and we were told by DrCat to come onto this site to meet what we were told are the best people in Switzerland :D

Currently I am taking care of my 14 month old son( read as.. trying to take care of him), while my Wife works, and trying to find an appartment for us to move into. We have found a place we like so far, in Hopital la tour, and the CERN staff are helping us with the process. Of course we do understand that things like this can take ages, so we are still looking at more places of interest.

Next of course would be furnishing the apartment, finding a creche for my son, and then try find a job myself. All pretty big steps and things that need to get done, though trying our best right now to try just stay focused on one thing at a time

Anyway, that about sums it up... so Greetings again.

Chris, Claire and Cabhán

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone.

Our family has just moved to Geneva from South Africa. We have been here a week so far and its been an amazing time. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful, I hope its a sign of things to come.

Pretty much my Wife works at CERN, and we were told by DrCat to come onto this site to meet what we were told are the best people in Switzerland :D

Currently I am taking care of my 14 month old son( read as.. trying to take care of him), while my Wife works, and trying to find an appartment for us to move into. We have found a place we like so far, in Hopital la tour, and the CERN staff are helping us with the process. Of course we do understand that things like this can take ages, so we are still looking at more places of interest.

Next of course would be furnishing the apartment, finding a creche for my son, and then try find a job myself. All pretty big steps and things that need to get done, though trying our best right now to try just stay focused on one thing at a time

Anyway, that about sums it up... so Greetings again.

Chris, Claire and Cabhán

Chris LJun 30, 2011 @ 18:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 468 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Greetings
Post 1

PS: Oh yeah.. we pretty much only have access from an Ipad right now.. so its a bit hard to reply here, until we get our laptop back which is in for repair.. or I can find time to log in from Cern

The text you are quoting:

PS: Oh yeah.. we pretty much only have access from an Ipad right now.. so its a bit hard to reply here, until we get our laptop back which is in for repair.. or I can find time to log in from Cern

Chris L, Jun 30, 2011 @ 19:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 468 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form