Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Greetings Everyone!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Greetings Everyone!

Hi all,

My name is Elizabeth and I am new to both Geneva and Glocals. Im here to work as an au pair for the next year and am really looking forward to it. Living in Europe is kind of a dream come true for me. I am also attempting to learn French. Not sure how thats going, but I give it my best :) Hope I'll be able to meet some nice glocals and experience Geneva. This seems like a great site.

Elizabeth

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

My name is Elizabeth and I am new to both Geneva and Glocals. Im here to work as an au pair for the next year and am really looking forward to it. Living in Europe is kind of a dream come true for me. I am also attempting to learn French. Not sure how thats going, but I give it my best :) Hope I'll be able to meet some nice glocals and experience Geneva. This seems like a great site.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth RJun 2, 2010 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 813 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Greetings Everyone!
Post 1

Hi Elizabeth,

I came here two years ago as an au pair and stayed :). Where are you living? What's the family like? How are you liking Geneva so far?

I'm originally from near Chicago, what about you?

Hope to hear from you soon

Kelly

Hi Elizabeth,

I came here two years ago as an au pair and stayed :). Where are you living? What's the family like? How are you liking Geneva so far?

I'm originally from near Chicago, what about you?

Hope to hear from you soon

Kelly

ktkimmle, Jun 3, 2010 @ 08:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Kelly, 

That's so cool! What do you do now? I am living with the family in this small town called La Roche sur Foron, just across the France border. They are wonderful. I am very lucky to have found such great people to spend the year with. So far, Ive only driven through Geneva, but Im going this Saturday, which Im really excited for. Small world, I was born in Downer's Grove, a Chicago suburb. Ever heard of it? I moved a lot so Im kind of from all over. But I went to high school in Florida and my parents now live in Des Moines, IA. Talk to you soon I hope. 

Elizabeth 

Hi Kelly, 

That's so cool! What do you do now? I am living with the family in this small town called La Roche sur Foron, just across the France border. They are wonderful. I am very lucky to have found such great people to spend the year with. So far, Ive only driven through Geneva, but Im going this Saturday, which Im really excited for. Small world, I was born in Downer's Grove, a Chicago suburb. Ever heard of it? I moved a lot so Im kind of from all over. But I went to high school in Florida and my parents now live in Des Moines, IA. Talk to you soon I hope. 

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth R, Jun 3, 2010 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey!

Right now I'm part time nannying and taking french lessons. I'm more or less taking the year off to improve my french with hopes of being able to attend graduate school next year or get a real job :).

I know Downer's Grove, but I'm really from St.Louis. I hadn't read your profile yet to see where you were from and said chicago since St.Louis usually isn't on someone from outside the US's radar!

What's your schedule like?

Hey!

Right now I'm part time nannying and taking french lessons. I'm more or less taking the year off to improve my french with hopes of being able to attend graduate school next year or get a real job :).

I know Downer's Grove, but I'm really from St.Louis. I hadn't read your profile yet to see where you were from and said chicago since St.Louis usually isn't on someone from outside the US's radar!

What's your schedule like?

ktkimmle, Jun 3, 2010 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

O.k. neat. I decided to take this job for similar reasons. I studied French last semester here in France and wanted to stay longer to improve also. Where do you take lessons? Im starting classes on Monday in Annemasse. 

So you're from Missouri, cool. I used to go to college in Columbia. Loved it there. You didnt by any chance attend Mizzou, did ya? Lol. 

My weekends are normally pretty open and then every other week the older kids are with there mom, so I usually have flexibilty those weeks too. What about you?

O.k. neat. I decided to take this job for similar reasons. I studied French last semester here in France and wanted to stay longer to improve also. Where do you take lessons? Im starting classes on Monday in Annemasse. 

So you're from Missouri, cool. I used to go to college in Columbia. Loved it there. You didnt by any chance attend Mizzou, did ya? Lol. 

My weekends are normally pretty open and then every other week the older kids are with there mom, so I usually have flexibilty those weeks too. What about you?

Elizabeth R, Jun 3, 2010 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Again,

I take my lessons at migros downtown, for now. I might change when this term is over.

No I didn't go to Mizzou, I went to Purdue and Southern Illinois! What was your major?

Right now I work M-F 2-7sh, for the first two weeks of July 8:30-4:30, then I'm going back to the US for two weeks, and then until the end of august 8:30-4:30 M-F. Once school starts again, 3-7 M-F.

Hi Again,

I take my lessons at migros downtown, for now. I might change when this term is over.

No I didn't go to Mizzou, I went to Purdue and Southern Illinois! What was your major?

Right now I work M-F 2-7sh, for the first two weeks of July 8:30-4:30, then I'm going back to the US for two weeks, and then until the end of august 8:30-4:30 M-F. Once school starts again, 3-7 M-F.

ktkimmle, Jun 4, 2010 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Salutations,

One of the girls I studied with last semester is from Purdue. I major in Elementary Education and Literacy. With student teaching, I have one more year left after I go home. This job is kind of a hiatus from college, but I think it will be completely worth it. I am already loving it and Ive only been here a weekish. 

Looks like we both have weekends free. Would you want to meet up some time for drinks, bowling, whatever? Im sure you know much better than I what to do in Geneva Smile 

Elizabeth 

Salutations,

One of the girls I studied with last semester is from Purdue. I major in Elementary Education and Literacy. With student teaching, I have one more year left after I go home. This job is kind of a hiatus from college, but I think it will be completely worth it. I am already loving it and Ive only been here a weekish. 

Looks like we both have weekends free. Would you want to meet up some time for drinks, bowling, whatever? Im sure you know much better than I what to do in Geneva Smile 

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth R, Jun 4, 2010 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Yes, of course! Do you have facebook?

When would be good for you? Do you have time in the mornings off? Maybe we could meet for a coffee or something?

Yes, of course! Do you have facebook?

When would be good for you? Do you have time in the mornings off? Maybe we could meet for a coffee or something?

ktkimmle, Jun 5, 2010 @ 22:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi again, 

Yep, I do have Facebook. I have Tueday and Friday mornings off this week. Next week any morning would work. Coffee sounds good. Did you have any place in particular in mind? 

Elizabeth

Hi again, 

Yep, I do have Facebook. I have Tueday and Friday mornings off this week. Next week any morning would work. Coffee sounds good. Did you have any place in particular in mind? 

Elizabeth

Elizabeth R, Jun 7, 2010 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Cafe Remor in Plainpalais is cool...would around 10 work on Thursday work for you? Do you take the bus to get in to geneva? add me on facebook: kelly kimmle-lopez.

Talk to you soon

Kelly

Cafe Remor in Plainpalais is cool...would around 10 work on Thursday work for you? Do you take the bus to get in to geneva? add me on facebook: kelly kimmle-lopez.

Talk to you soon

Kelly

ktkimmle, Jun 7, 2010 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hey,

I do not know yet about Thursday. I am going in today to place for French classes and if I place at a certain level, I will be starting immediately and have classes Thursday mornings. I will let you know this afternoon how it goes. Was there another day that would work for you if Thursday doesnt work out? 

Elizabeth 

Hey,

I do not know yet about Thursday. I am going in today to place for French classes and if I place at a certain level, I will be starting immediately and have classes Thursday mornings. I will let you know this afternoon how it goes. Was there another day that would work for you if Thursday doesnt work out? 

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth R, Jun 7, 2010 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 813 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form