Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Greetings fellow Glocals

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Greetings fellow Glocals

Hi

I will be moving to Geneva in July and can't believe how much has to get done in the next 8 weeks. Thank heavens for Comparis.ch. If you have any tips to make the transition smoother, please feel free to share.

The text you are quoting:

Hi

I will be moving to Geneva in July and can't believe how much has to get done in the next 8 weeks. Thank heavens for Comparis.ch. If you have any tips to make the transition smoother, please feel free to share.

Elizabeth OMay 23, 2011 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 525 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Greetings fellow Glocals
Post 1

Hi there Elizabeth

Welcome to Glocals (I joined some days ago).

Are there any specific issues, which you need to have clarified? Otherwise, a good starting point may be to do a quick google search for "moving to Switzerland" and then check some of the many websites giving information to foreigners moving to Switzerland.

Best wishes

Peter

Hi there Elizabeth

Welcome to Glocals (I joined some days ago).

Are there any specific issues, which you need to have clarified? Otherwise, a good starting point may be to do a quick google search for "moving to Switzerland" and then check some of the many websites giving information to foreigners moving to Switzerland.

Best wishes

Peter

Peter J. Pecry, May 23, 2011 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi

May 23, 11 19:36

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to GVA (soon).

Only one tip: Learn French now! :)   I repeat that.

Cheers,

FL

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to GVA (soon).

Only one tip: Learn French now! :)   I repeat that.

Cheers,

FL

FerneyL, May 23, 2011 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you for the info, I have been giving that a bash for the last month, but there are things that I just can't get my head around, like the medical insurance.

I think it is just a case of getting use to a new way of it being done, I am sure if I read it enough times, it will sink in.

I just don't want to end up paying more than I have to, but I also don't want to be caught in a situation where I end up at a practinioner that doesn't understand me or out of pocket because I picked the wrong insurance

Thank you for the info, I have been giving that a bash for the last month, but there are things that I just can't get my head around, like the medical insurance.

I think it is just a case of getting use to a new way of it being done, I am sure if I read it enough times, it will sink in.

I just don't want to end up paying more than I have to, but I also don't want to be caught in a situation where I end up at a practinioner that doesn't understand me or out of pocket because I picked the wrong insurance

Elizabeth O, May 23, 2011 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you Ferney. I will definately be signing up for those, can you recommend any good courses/

Thank you Ferney. I will definately be signing up for those, can you recommend any good courses/

Elizabeth O, May 23, 2011 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 525 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form