Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello - god it's cold here

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello - god it's cold here

Hi all,

A quick note to introduce myself. I'm Chris. Originally from the UK and lived for the last 7 years in Spain. My working life has been in Design & IT - 7 Years Electronic/plastic & Metal design UK R&D dept. and 7 Years running my own company in Spain which I gave up so my partner could follow her dream of living in Switzerland.

I have been in Switzerland for 6 month looking for work, I would have preferred to come here after finding a job but not a lot of choice in the matter. Meanwhile I am a full time dad for my 2 little girls.

I like to shock poor Swiss people by saying three things:

1 - My partner and I aren't married but have children - Apparently according to the locals that means we are friends!

2 - I have no religious beliefs.

3 - We have 5 children (Spanish TV is rubbish)

I can talk about things other than computers and believe in equality, so ladies feel free to open the door for me once in a while, because it goes both ways.

Cheers,

Chris

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

A quick note to introduce myself. I'm Chris. Originally from the UK and lived for the last 7 years in Spain. My working life has been in Design & IT - 7 Years Electronic/plastic & Metal design UK R&D dept. and 7 Years running my own company in Spain which I gave up so my partner could follow her dream of living in Switzerland.

I have been in Switzerland for 6 month looking for work, I would have preferred to come here after finding a job but not a lot of choice in the matter. Meanwhile I am a full time dad for my 2 little girls.

I like to shock poor Swiss people by saying three things:

1 - My partner and I aren't married but have children - Apparently according to the locals that means we are friends!

2 - I have no religious beliefs.

3 - We have 5 children (Spanish TV is rubbish)

I can talk about things other than computers and believe in equality, so ladies feel free to open the door for me once in a while, because it goes both ways.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris PettipiereNov 2, 2010 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 687 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello - god it's cold here
Post 1

well winter is coming...it'll get colder...and Swiss TV is as bad as Spain...so I guess you'll have 6 or 7 kids soon... ;-)

well winter is coming...it'll get colder...and Swiss TV is as bad as Spain...so I guess you'll have 6 or 7 kids soon... ;-)

Charlie, Nov 2, 2010 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hello - god it's cold here
Post 2

Don't say that - the girlfriend will kill me if she finds out ;)

Don't say that - the girlfriend will kill me if she finds out ;)

Chris Pettipiere, Nov 2, 2010 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 687 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form