Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello - moving to Lausanne area soon!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello - moving to Lausanne area soon!

Hi!

I will be moving to Lausanne in May from Surrey, UK. We collect the keys to a flat in St Prex in June, when my wife will be moving out to join me. She is 16 weeks pregnant so we're both hopeful that things work out for her and our baby in a new country.

Moving jobs, house, country and having our first baby is stressful to say the least but we're confident its a great opportunity for us and are determined to make the best of it.

I really hope that my wife will be able to meet friends and make the most of her time here, especially whilst on maternity leave, so would be interested in hearing from people in similar situations.

There's lots to get our heads around in the meantime but we're looking forward to getting there for the summer!

Cheers

K

The text you are quoting:

Hi!

I will be moving to Lausanne in May from Surrey, UK. We collect the keys to a flat in St Prex in June, when my wife will be moving out to join me. She is 16 weeks pregnant so we're both hopeful that things work out for her and our baby in a new country.

Moving jobs, house, country and having our first baby is stressful to say the least but we're confident its a great opportunity for us and are determined to make the best of it.

I really hope that my wife will be able to meet friends and make the most of her time here, especially whilst on maternity leave, so would be interested in hearing from people in similar situations.

There's lots to get our heads around in the meantime but we're looking forward to getting there for the summer!

Cheers

K

Kevin GMar 30, 2010 @ 10:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 733 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Hello - moving to Lausanne area soon!
Post 1

Hi Kevin,

My husband and I moved to Lausanne nearly 3 months ago.

We are in the same situation as you are. We moved here from Milton Keynes (Buckinghamshire). I am also pregnant (19 weeks) and it's our first baby as well.

My husband Rich is working but I am not and Im home all day. When your wife gets here, please let me know I ll be very happy to meet her.

If  you want any advice on a doctor or anything I will try to help.

Take care and speak to you soon

Aneta

The text you are quoting:

Hi Kevin,

My husband and I moved to Lausanne nearly 3 months ago.

We are in the same situation as you are. We moved here from Milton Keynes (Buckinghamshire). I am also pregnant (19 weeks) and it's our first baby as well.

My husband Rich is working but I am not and Im home all day. When your wife gets here, please let me know I ll be very happy to meet her.

If  you want any advice on a doctor or anything I will try to help.

Take care and speak to you soon

Aneta

Aneta Brunt, May 18, 2010 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 733 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form