Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello, all of you! :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello, all of you! :)
Hey guys,

I'm a 28-year old Finn, currently studying a master's degree in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at Lund University in Sweden. Back in Finland, I work as a fire inspector for the Helsinki City Rescue Department. As part of my studies, I got an offer to intern for UN OCHA in Geneva, seems like an opportunity of a lifetime to me. Everything else is already in place, except a roof on top of my head. But it should be easy to find, for a tidy, social and responsible guy like me? :)

I'm really looking forward to step again outside my comfortzone and move to Geneva and meet new awesome people! :)

Question: How is it like to be a vegan in Switzerland? Paradise or hell? :D

-Esa
The text you are quoting:
Hey guys,

I'm a 28-year old Finn, currently studying a master's degree in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at Lund University in Sweden. Back in Finland, I work as a fire inspector for the Helsinki City Rescue Department. As part of my studies, I got an offer to intern for UN OCHA in Geneva, seems like an opportunity of a lifetime to me. Everything else is already in place, except a roof on top of my head. But it should be easy to find, for a tidy, social and responsible guy like me? :)

I'm really looking forward to step again outside my comfortzone and move to Geneva and meet new awesome people! :)

Question: How is it like to be a vegan in Switzerland? Paradise or hell? :D

-Esa
Esa KukkonenJul 21, 2017 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 987 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello, all of you! :)
Post 1
Hey guys,   I'm a 28-year old Finn, currently studying a master's degree in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at Lund University in Sweden. Back in Finland, I work as a fire inspector for the Helsinki City Rescue Department. As part of my studies, I got an offer to intern for UN OCHA in Geneva, seems like an opportunity of a lifetime to me. Everything else is already in place, except a roof on top of my head. But it should be easy to find, for a tidy, social and responsible guy like me? :)   I'm really looking forward to step again outside my comfortzone and move to Geneva and meet new awesome people! :)   Question: How is it like to be a vegan in Switzerland? Paradise or hell? :D   -Esa
Jul 21, 17 13:24

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva!

For accommodation, check the Classifieds to find offers and also insert an ad. of your own.

For members with like-minded interests (including vegans) the tab to click is “Groups” where, again, there is plenty of choice.

As for rents and the cost of foodstuffs, etc., Geneva is an expensive city for everyone, whether native or expat., so be prepared!  That apart, it’s a great place to be.

Best wishes, R.

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva!

For accommodation, check the Classifieds to find offers and also insert an ad. of your own.

For members with like-minded interests (including vegans) the tab to click is “Groups” where, again, there is plenty of choice.

As for rents and the cost of foodstuffs, etc., Geneva is an expensive city for everyone, whether native or expat., so be prepared!  That apart, it’s a great place to be.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Jul 21, 2017 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hello, all of you! :)
Post 2

No Tervetuloa Geneveen :))

Hi Esa, I studied in Finland and I love Finland so much and can speak Finnish a bit. I live in Geneva, when you come, let me know. I will welcome you ;))

Regards 

Ali

No Tervetuloa Geneveen :))

Hi Esa, I studied in Finland and I love Finland so much and can speak Finnish a bit. I live in Geneva, when you come, let me know. I will welcome you ;))

Regards 

Ali

Ali O, Jul 26, 2017 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 987 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form