Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello..new to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello..new to Geneva

Hello everyone, a brief intro...I/we have just moved to Geneva a few weeks ago from Adelaide, South Australia. I am quite familiar with Geneva and Switzerland having travelled around here, visited family a number of times (my husband is Genevoise) and previously interned at the WHO early 09. I have recently worked at a university in teaching/research, but the first stage here in Geneva is an intensive French course (ifage). I enjoy writing, cinema, reading, art & the mountains! Looking foward to catching up at some of the glocals activities. Samantha

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone, a brief intro...I/we have just moved to Geneva a few weeks ago from Adelaide, South Australia. I am quite familiar with Geneva and Switzerland having travelled around here, visited family a number of times (my husband is Genevoise) and previously interned at the WHO early 09. I have recently worked at a university in teaching/research, but the first stage here in Geneva is an intensive French course (ifage). I enjoy writing, cinema, reading, art & the mountains! Looking foward to catching up at some of the glocals activities. Samantha

Samantha BJan 4, 2011 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 817 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello..new to Geneva
Post 1

Thanks for letting me know. I vaguely remember trying to call myself by my real name but there were lots of other Sam's on here. I have been called this by Aussie friends...I have tried to change it though, without success, will try again...

Thanks for letting me know. I vaguely remember trying to call myself by my real name but there were lots of other Sam's on here. I have been called this by Aussie friends...I have tried to change it though, without success, will try again...

Samantha B, Jan 4, 2011 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Coming from Aussie? Lucky u are!!! Adelaide is such a quiet city!Welcome in Geneva!!! Hope u will enjoy it!

Celeste

Coming from Aussie? Lucky u are!!! Adelaide is such a quiet city!Welcome in Geneva!!! Hope u will enjoy it!

Celeste

Celeste T, Jan 4, 2011 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Welcome Sambo. I have relatives in Westlakes and have visited Adelaide several times. I like it very much and could see myself eventually retiring there (I particularly like the proximity to The Barossa, Maclaren Vale and Clare Valley!!).

Keep your eyes peeled on here - there are loads of things to do, although it sounds like you have a head start on most of us, having a Genevois husband.

Anytime you want to have a chat about cricket let me know Wink

Welcome Sambo. I have relatives in Westlakes and have visited Adelaide several times. I like it very much and could see myself eventually retiring there (I particularly like the proximity to The Barossa, Maclaren Vale and Clare Valley!!).

Keep your eyes peeled on here - there are loads of things to do, although it sounds like you have a head start on most of us, having a Genevois husband.

Anytime you want to have a chat about cricket let me know Wink

David Lloyd, Jan 4, 2011 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

@ David R Thanks for the welcome!

@ Celeste T..yes, Adelaide is possibly quieter than Geneva! Although there is always the fantastic festival of arts and music festivals in Feb/March (then the place goes to sleep for another year...). Last time I stayed in Geneva for a couple of months there seemed to be a lot of night time events at various pubs, but then I was with interns about 10 years younger than me...

@David Lloyd. Thanks David...I know the winery regions very, very well indeed! I grew up near the McLaren Vale and particularly know that area.  As for the cricket, I haven't been following it lately but couldn't help but knowing Aust didn't do very well..just saw some sad replays of the ashes at the Lady Godiva.

@ David R Thanks for the welcome!

@ Celeste T..yes, Adelaide is possibly quieter than Geneva! Although there is always the fantastic festival of arts and music festivals in Feb/March (then the place goes to sleep for another year...). Last time I stayed in Geneva for a couple of months there seemed to be a lot of night time events at various pubs, but then I was with interns about 10 years younger than me...

@David Lloyd. Thanks David...I know the winery regions very, very well indeed! I grew up near the McLaren Vale and particularly know that area.  As for the cricket, I haven't been following it lately but couldn't help but knowing Aust didn't do very well..just saw some sad replays of the ashes at the Lady Godiva.

Samantha B, Jan 4, 2011 @ 18:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

LOL!!! Younger are everywhere!!! Unfortunaltly I went to Adelaide in September so missed the Festival which I guess should be very nice!!! Australia is a lovely country would love to live there!!! Laughing

Geneva is a nice city I am sure u will enjoy! Wink

LOL!!! Younger are everywhere!!! Unfortunaltly I went to Adelaide in September so missed the Festival which I guess should be very nice!!! Australia is a lovely country would love to live there!!! Laughing

Geneva is a nice city I am sure u will enjoy! Wink

Celeste T, Jan 4, 2011 @ 21:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 4, 11 11:45

Hi Samantha, 

my name is Marion. I spent 7 months in California to improve my english.

I would like to find someone with whom I can improve my english. 

If you are interested, let me know.

Hi Samantha, 

my name is Marion. I spent 7 months in California to improve my english.

I would like to find someone with whom I can improve my english. 

If you are interested, let me know.

marion l, Jan 7, 2011 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 817 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form