Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello

Hello everyone!

I hope this finds you in a holiday spirit, or at least in a positive state of mind!

I am new to Geneva; arrived 5 days ago. I was following the forum for some time (between packing boxes) and postponing any introduction because you guys, all sound so young and cool!! If you direct me to a place for “becoming slightly unfit people, though with the great advantage of having to take care of children and families”, I promise I will not annoy you with my postings here…

Since this is more and more shaping to be a Christmas in a hotel room, unless I miraculously figure out something, (I am yet depressingly unsuccessful with graduating from this “housing search in Geneva” program, which requires PhD level research skills – sca-a-ry!), I have decided to take the whole family to a place where we can help at Christmas Eve - volunteering, serving food or anything useful.

Would you forgive my laziness (or rather, fear to get distracted of what has to be the focus of my research right now), and please point me to places or volunteering activities that you might know about from your experience already living here. Thanks a lot!

Well, see, I only wanted to say the usual “hi, I am new here”, but you got quite a lot of rambling…. this is me (not always :)).

Cheers!

Anjela

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!

I hope this finds you in a holiday spirit, or at least in a positive state of mind!

I am new to Geneva; arrived 5 days ago. I was following the forum for some time (between packing boxes) and postponing any introduction because you guys, all sound so young and cool!! If you direct me to a place for “becoming slightly unfit people, though with the great advantage of having to take care of children and families”, I promise I will not annoy you with my postings here…

Since this is more and more shaping to be a Christmas in a hotel room, unless I miraculously figure out something, (I am yet depressingly unsuccessful with graduating from this “housing search in Geneva” program, which requires PhD level research skills – sca-a-ry!), I have decided to take the whole family to a place where we can help at Christmas Eve - volunteering, serving food or anything useful.

Would you forgive my laziness (or rather, fear to get distracted of what has to be the focus of my research right now), and please point me to places or volunteering activities that you might know about from your experience already living here. Thanks a lot!

Well, see, I only wanted to say the usual “hi, I am new here”, but you got quite a lot of rambling…. this is me (not always :)).

Cheers!

Anjela

Anjela MDec 20, 2010 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 530 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 530 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form