Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello All!

Hello Glocals Folks,

I am currently in the process of moving from Washington, D.C. to Geneva. I should be there in the next month or so.

I am excited to move to Geneva and meet new friendly faces from around the world. I came across this website desperately looking for a place to live. Any suggestions on that front would be greatly appreciated.

A little bit about me: I am half German and half Greek, raised in Athens, Greece up til high school, moved to the States for college and work. Been working in D.C for the past five years. I speak Greek, German, and English. Need to get started with French as well, as I feel I would benefit greatly from it, especially living in Geneva.

You all seem like a great bunch; helpful and open. Looking forward to meeting all of you once I arrive in the great land of fine chocolate ;)

The text you are quoting:

Hello Glocals Folks,

I am currently in the process of moving from Washington, D.C. to Geneva. I should be there in the next month or so.

I am excited to move to Geneva and meet new friendly faces from around the world. I came across this website desperately looking for a place to live. Any suggestions on that front would be greatly appreciated.

A little bit about me: I am half German and half Greek, raised in Athens, Greece up til high school, moved to the States for college and work. Been working in D.C for the past five years. I speak Greek, German, and English. Need to get started with French as well, as I feel I would benefit greatly from it, especially living in Geneva.

You all seem like a great bunch; helpful and open. Looking forward to meeting all of you once I arrive in the great land of fine chocolate ;)

alexandra aJul 13, 2010 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 656 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello All!
Post 1

Hey Alexandra,

Welcome! I hope you find Geneva to be a lot of fun, and make some great friends when you get here.

As far as housing goes, it can be tough to find something, I find that my friends end up getting a sublet for a month or so while they look for a permanent place. The Glocals classifieds are a great place to look for something temporary. French will be necessary if you're not working with a large corporation or international organization, but if you need someone to help you find an apartment, I know an English-speaking real estate agent who is really good and helpful.

Best of luck!

Hey Alexandra,

Welcome! I hope you find Geneva to be a lot of fun, and make some great friends when you get here.

As far as housing goes, it can be tough to find something, I find that my friends end up getting a sublet for a month or so while they look for a permanent place. The Glocals classifieds are a great place to look for something temporary. French will be necessary if you're not working with a large corporation or international organization, but if you need someone to help you find an apartment, I know an English-speaking real estate agent who is really good and helpful.

Best of luck!

TheMoney, Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello The Money,

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. Greatly appreciate it. Thanks for offering your real estate agent, I am sure that will prove very helpful. I am not sure when exactly I will be moving to Geneva. Once I have an exact date, I will try to reach out to you for the name of your real estate agent so I can get there and hit the ground running.

Thanks again and hope to meet you when I get to Geneva!

Hello The Money,

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. Greatly appreciate it. Thanks for offering your real estate agent, I am sure that will prove very helpful. I am not sure when exactly I will be moving to Geneva. Once I have an exact date, I will try to reach out to you for the name of your real estate agent so I can get there and hit the ground running.

alexandra a, Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello The Money,

Jul 14, 10 09:48

No problem at all, just send me a message when you end up coming and I'll be happy to help. After having been through nine months of apartment searching before I found my place, I feel like a pro!

No problem at all, just send me a message when you end up coming and I'll be happy to help. After having been through nine months of apartment searching before I found my place, I feel like a pro!

TheMoney, Jul 14, 2010 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 656 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form