Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello Bern or Zurich expats....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello Bern or Zurich expats....

Hello. I am saying hello to all Bern/Zurich expats, because I am in Solothurn.....pretty much right in the middle. About 1 hour ish from each, so either way is fine for me to go (although maybe Bern more....as it's cheaper on the train ha ha!)

Ok, so I'm Louise, I'm 24 from the UK, and have moved to Solothurn at the beginning of May, and am looking to expand my social circle of friends, which currently exists of about 3 small children and my 2 bosses....and a few ducks down at the river!! (I am a nanny btw!) so yes, if anyone want to say hello, or interested in meeting for a drink/dinner/film etc just drop me a line!!

Louise :)

The text you are quoting:

Hello. I am saying hello to all Bern/Zurich expats, because I am in Solothurn.....pretty much right in the middle. About 1 hour ish from each, so either way is fine for me to go (although maybe Bern more....as it's cheaper on the train ha ha!)

Ok, so I'm Louise, I'm 24 from the UK, and have moved to Solothurn at the beginning of May, and am looking to expand my social circle of friends, which currently exists of about 3 small children and my 2 bosses....and a few ducks down at the river!! (I am a nanny btw!) so yes, if anyone want to say hello, or interested in meeting for a drink/dinner/film etc just drop me a line!!

Louise :)

Louise PMay 29, 2010 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello Bern or Zurich expats....
Post 1

Hi Louise! how are you finding Switzerland so far? I just moved here 2 weeks ago as well. Have you had much time off to look around Bern and Zurich yet?

Hi Louise! how are you finding Switzerland so far? I just moved here 2 weeks ago as well. Have you had much time off to look around Bern and Zurich yet?

Jo F, May 31, 2010 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi! Yes I am liking Switzerland...it's a beautiful country, although solothurn is veyr small! :( Not many people here at all! I ahve explored Zurich and Bern a little....know one or 2 people living in each place, so that#s cool! How about you? Where in Swtiz are u? :)

Hi! Yes I am liking Switzerland...it's a beautiful country, although solothurn is veyr small! :( Not many people here at all! I ahve explored Zurich and Bern a little....know one or 2 people living in each place, so that#s cool! How about you? Where in Swtiz are u? :)

Louise P, Jun 1, 2010 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Louise

I too am 24 from the UK and have found myself living in Zurich (Well I get there in 2 weeks!!) How have you found it? I have heard its going to be a bit of a culture shock.... is this true......Or is there just less of a local pub/drinking culture?!

Would be good to get your thoughts to put my mind at ease before I get there? Have you met many expats or swiss new friends?

Zara x

Hi Louise

I too am 24 from the UK and have found myself living in Zurich (Well I get there in 2 weeks!!) How have you found it? I have heard its going to be a bit of a culture shock.... is this true......Or is there just less of a local pub/drinking culture?!

Would be good to get your thoughts to put my mind at ease before I get there? Have you met many expats or swiss new friends?

Zara x

Zara C, Jun 2, 2010 @ 03:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey folks,

I am new to Bern, but I know Switzerland pretty well as I was living in small town called Chur for a couple of years.

Anyone heading in this direction is welcome to meet up for a drink.
Let me know and good luck getting settled!

The Swiss can be tough nuts to crack at first.
A little skeptical of us auslanders ;) 

Hey folks,

I am new to Bern, but I know Switzerland pretty well as I was living in small town called Chur for a couple of years.

Anyone heading in this direction is welcome to meet up for a drink.
Let me know and good luck getting settled!

The Swiss can be tough nuts to crack at first.
A little skeptical of us auslanders ;) 

Michael Delaney, Sep 29, 2010 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi,

I am also new in Bern. I have just been here for three weeks.

Michael and louise (and every one else), I'm also up for spending some time for a drink. (or some other social event)

So send me a message if you are interested.

Hi,

I am also new in Bern. I have just been here for three weeks.

Michael and louise (and every one else), I'm also up for spending some time for a drink. (or some other social event)

So send me a message if you are interested.

iiro keitaanranta, Sep 30, 2010 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Louise,

Ive just moved over last month. Hope you are well settled in at this stage and everythin s going well

Hi Louise,

Ive just moved over last month. Hope you are well settled in at this stage and everythin s going well

Andrew T, Oct 2, 2010 @ 15:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form