Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello,Bueanas dias,Привет,Laba diena!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello,Bueanas dias,Привет,Laba diena!!!

Hi there im new to Geneva,my name is Sergio,im came here to look for new job oportunities,if anybody could give me  some tips or advise where i should look for job or some web sites. My biggest problem that i dont speak freanch or swiss.

I have have expirience in catering and costumer service about 13 years all across the europe(chef pizza maker bartender waiter public relations),speak quit a few languages,

Russian mother language,english high level,lithuanian high level,Spanish medium level,polish high level. (also can write them all)

bulgarian slovakian and italian i know the basics.

So feel free to text me or leave a comment, would be gratfull for any tips or advise Laughing

The text you are quoting:

Hi there im new to Geneva,my name is Sergio,im came here to look for new job oportunities,if anybody could give me  some tips or advise where i should look for job or some web sites. My biggest problem that i dont speak freanch or swiss.

I have have expirience in catering and costumer service about 13 years all across the europe(chef pizza maker bartender waiter public relations),speak quit a few languages,

Russian mother language,english high level,lithuanian high level,Spanish medium level,polish high level. (also can write them all)

So feel free to text me or leave a comment, would be gratfull for any tips or advise Laughing

Sergejus/Sergio OrlovasOct 20, 2015 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1046 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello,Bueanas dias,Привет,Laba diena!!!
Post 1

Oct 20, 15 12:40

Welcome to Geneva.

The 1st thing you will need is a valid working permit.

https://www.ch.ch/en/renewal-overview-swiss-residence-permit/

There is no language called Swiss Surprised

There are four national languages in Switzerland: German, French, Italian and Romansh.

Your English is good but I would suggest using spell check as there are a lot of spelling mistakes.

Good luck.

Welcome to Geneva.

The 1st thing you will need is a valid working permit.

https://www.ch.ch/en/renewal-overview-swiss-residence-permit/

There is no language called Swiss Surprised

There are four national languages in Switzerland: German, French, Italian and Romansh.

Your English is good but I would suggest using spell check as there are a lot of spelling mistakes.

Good luck.

Oonagh, Oct 20, 2015 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I would endorse Oomagh’s comments, particularly regarding the work permit and also your language skills because your written English appears to fall somewhat short of the mark.

Here, jobs are in short supply and competition is fierce, but you can get work if you try hard and long enough.  Which leads me to suggest that you place an advertisement in our “Classifieds” under “Jobs” where you are more likely to attract a positive response.

All the best, R.

I would endorse Oomagh’s comments, particularly regarding the work permit and also your language skills because your written English appears to fall somewhat short of the mark.

Here, jobs are in short supply and competition is fierce, but you can get work if you try hard and long enough.  Which leads me to suggest that you place an advertisement in our “Classifieds” under “Jobs” where you are more likely to attract a positive response.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Oct 20, 2015 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

thanx for advice Wink

thanx for advice Wink

Sergejus/Sergio Orlovas, Oct 20, 2015 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

"The 1st thing you will need is a valid working permit."

If Sergio has a Lithuanian passport (his profile says "originally from Lithuania"), this is not correct.

As a Lithuanian citizen, Sergio can stay in Switzerland for up to 90 days without a permit or any administrative steps, alternatively he can apply for an "L permit for job search" either from the beginning or until at the latest 14 days before he completes the 90 days if he didn't find a job until then. The L permit for job search normally is valid for 6 months from arrival in Switzerland and can be extended for another 3 months.

If he finds a job, he will just need to register (if not yet done, see above) with the authorities responsible for his place of residence (Geneva: OCPM) and apply for his permit (B, L or G).

I hope this helps.

If Sergio has a Lithuanian passport (his profile says "originally from Lithuania"), this is not correct.

As a Lithuanian citizen, Sergio can stay in Switzerland for up to 90 days without a permit or any administrative steps, alternatively he can apply for an "L permit for job search" either from the beginning or until at the latest 14 days before he completes the 90 days if he didn't find a job until then. The L permit for job search normally is valid for 6 months from arrival in Switzerland and can be extended for another 3 months.

If he finds a job, he will just need to register (if not yet done, see above) with the authorities responsible for his place of residence (Geneva: OCPM) and apply for his permit (B, L or G).

I hope this helps.

Stephanie D, Oct 20, 2015 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I hope this helps.

Oct 20, 15 23:55

So he doesnt need a permit to work? You say he needs an L permit? He said he wants to work so i assumed he needed a permit to work.

So he doesnt need a permit to work? You say he needs an L permit? He said he wants to work so i assumed he needed a permit to work.

Oonagh, Oct 21, 2015 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

anyway at the moment i stay in France near by swiss so when i found some job then i will be applying for the work permit. Thank u for information. 

anyway at the moment i stay in France near by swiss so when i found some job then i will be applying for the work permit. Thank u for information. 

Sergejus/Sergio Orlovas, Oct 21, 2015 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 21, 15 12:16

Good luck :-)

Good luck :-)

Oonagh, Oct 21, 2015 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Oct 21, 15 10:53

As all EU/EFTA citizens except Rumanians, Bulgarians and Croations, a Lithuanian doesn't need (and wouldn't get) a "work permit" before finding a job. The "L permit for job search" he could apply for to stay in Switzerland for more than 90 days would be a "permit without activity".

Once he found a job = has a signed work conract, he needs to apply for a "work permit" (G, L or B permit, depending on place of residence and duration of contract).

As all EU/EFTA citizens except Rumanians, Bulgarians and Croations, a Lithuanian doesn't need (and wouldn't get) a "work permit" before finding a job. The "L permit for job search" he could apply for to stay in Switzerland for more than 90 days would be a "permit without activity".

Once he found a job = has a signed work conract, he needs to apply for a "work permit" (G, L or B permit, depending on place of residence and duration of contract).

Stephanie D, Oct 21, 2015 @ 20:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1046 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form