Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello everybody!

Dear all,

I am George, a 35 years old enthusiastic IT professional and from what I heard a pleasant person full of energy

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

I am George, a 35 years old enthusiastic IT professional and from what I heard a pleasant person full of energy
George DAug 4, 2017 @ 19:15

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 897 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello everybody!
Post 1

It seems that in September I will relocate for Geneva for at least 1 year, maybe more to work on some very challenging IT projects.

I just commenced to look for a 2-bedroom apartment to rent starting with 1st of September so if anybody knows somebody that knows somebody that looks for a long-term lending one (furnished) please let me know and the beer / wine / JD is on me. Would be great to have a primary school near as I am planning to bring my daughter as well in couple of months.

Also, I would like to ask you if it would be better to bring my car there, I understood that parking is madness. Any restrictions? Hard to find a spot in the city when needed?           

Thank you!

It seems that in September I will relocate for Geneva for at least 1 year, maybe more to work on some very challenging IT projects.

I just commenced to look for a 2-bedroom apartment to rent starting with 1st of September so if anybody knows somebody that knows somebody that looks for a long-term lending one (furnished) please let me know and the beer / wine / JD is on me. Would be great to have a primary school near as I am planning to bring my daughter as well in couple of months.

Also, I would like to ask you if it would be better to bring my car there, I understood that parking is madness. Any restrictions? Hard to find a spot in the city when needed?           

Thank you!

George D, Aug 4, 2017 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome to glocals and soon Geneva.

For housing, check the Classifieds at least once a day and don’t hesitate to insert an ad. of your own.

Good luck!

R.

Welcome to glocals and soon Geneva.

For housing, check the Classifieds at least once a day and don’t hesitate to insert an ad. of your own.

Good luck!

R.

Ritchie, Aug 4, 2017 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you!

Aug 4, 17 19:34

re bringing your car:  it all depends where you are going to live.  Parking in central Geneva is an expensive nightmare. If you live further out, you may need a car but public transport while not dirt cheap is very good and reliable.

Also, I suppose your present car is right-hand drive .. ?

I’d wait until you get settled in here and then decide.

re bringing your car:  it all depends where you are going to live.  Parking in central Geneva is an expensive nightmare. If you live further out, you may need a car but public transport while not dirt cheap is very good and reliable.

Also, I suppose your present car is right-hand drive .. ?

I’d wait until you get settled in here and then decide.

Ritchie, Aug 5, 2017 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you for your advices. I am a left hand driver and occasionally I dove right hand too. I just I am so unused to public transportation since my university years.

I spotted couple of adverted apartments for renting. I will have one week off as I am completing my assignment to Bucharest and after the mid of August I will take a trip to complete my work papers and finalize the renting process. Meanwhile if somebody vacates a 2 bedrooms one, preferably furnished for renting please give me a PM.

Also somebody could recommend a bank for mere mortals with decent commissions and interest for the salary account in CHF?

I would much appreciate some indications on a primary school as well, are there better in the city center or in suburbia, public ones.

Kind Regards,

George

Thank you for your advices. I am a left hand driver and occasionally I dove right hand too. I just I am so unused to public transportation since my university years.

I spotted couple of adverted apartments for renting. I will have one week off as I am completing my assignment to Bucharest and after the mid of August I will take a trip to complete my work papers and finalize the renting process. Meanwhile if somebody vacates a 2 bedrooms one, preferably furnished for renting please give me a PM.

Also somebody could recommend a bank for mere mortals with decent commissions and interest for the salary account in CHF?

I would much appreciate some indications on a primary school as well, are there better in the city center or in suburbia, public ones.

Kind Regards,

George

George D, Aug 7, 2017 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Kind Regards,

George

Aug 7, 17 15:40

In the state school system you don’t choose your child’s school.  This is decided by the local authority after you have found accommodation.

In the state school system you don’t choose your child’s school.  This is decided by the local authority after you have found accommodation.

Ritchie, Aug 7, 2017 @ 19:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 897 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form