Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello from SF!

Hello all! My name is Devy and my partner, Brian, and I are moving to Geneva sometime next January for my work. A few people recommended Glocals as a start. I know it's a bit early to introduce myself but I guess it's never too early to say hi :) 

Anyways, more about us: we're from California and currently call San Francisco home. I work in global health (hence the move), while he is a martial arts instructor. We enjoy eating, hiking, and playing board games. We're looking forward to learning more about our new home and hope to make some friends along the way! 

The text you are quoting:

Hello all! My name is Devy and my partner, Brian, and I are moving to Geneva sometime next January for my work. A few people recommended Glocals as a start. I know it's a bit early to introduce myself but I guess it's never too early to say hi :) 

Anyways, more about us: we're from California and currently call San Francisco home. I work in global health (hence the move), while he is a martial arts instructor. We enjoy eating, hiking, and playing board games. We're looking forward to learning more about our new home and hope to make some friends along the way! 

Devy EOct 14, 2017 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 861 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello from SF!
Post 1

Hi Devy,

My name is Daniel and I am also moving to Geneva in January for my work. I currently live and work in Budapest as a IT Security Consultant.

Love the fact that you guys are from the US. My brother also lives in Boston and I usually visit him twice a year. Unfortunately, I have never been to SF :)

Hi Devy,

My name is Daniel and I am also moving to Geneva in January for my work. I currently live and work in Budapest as a IT Security Consultant.

Love the fact that you guys are from the US. My brother also lives in Boston and I usually visit him twice a year. Unfortunately, I have never been to SF :)

Daniel Vas, Oct 17, 2017 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Great to meet you, Daniel! I've never been to Budapest either. Have you been to Geneva before? 

I'm happy there's an online community available to help ease with the transition. 

Great to meet you, Daniel! I've never been to Budapest either. Have you been to Geneva before? 

I'm happy there's an online community available to help ease with the transition. 

Devy E, Oct 18, 2017 @ 03:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Devy, welcome soon to Geneva. My partner and I moved from Portland a couple of weeks ago. He’s on loan to the Global fun$ until April 30. We hope to see you once you’re here.

kris

Hello Devy, welcome soon to Geneva. My partner and I moved from Portland a couple of weeks ago. He’s on loan to the Global fun$ until April 30. We hope to see you once you’re here.

kris

Kris Moore, Oct 19, 2017 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

kris

Oct 19, 17 09:35

Welcome to Geneva and glocals!

Do check the “Groups” and “Members” tabs and you’ll find plenty of like-minded members as well as compatriots, all of whom will help you settle in.

Best, R.

Do check the “Groups” and “Members” tabs and you’ll find plenty of like-minded members as well as compatriots, all of whom will help you settle in.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Oct 19, 2017 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Best, R.

Oct 19, 17 11:50

Thanks so much, Ritchie and will do!

Thanks so much, Ritchie and will do!

Devy E, Oct 19, 2017 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks Kris! And nice to know there are some West Coasters in town :) 

Thanks Kris! And nice to know there are some West Coasters in town :) 

Devy E, Oct 19, 2017 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 861 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form