Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello there! I'm new to Fribourg... Anyone from Fribourg?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello there! I'm new to Fribourg... Anyone from Fribourg?

I just moved to Fribourg a few weeks ago, and looking for meeting some new people in the region of Fribourg. It seems there are plenty of activities organised in Lausanne and Geneva, while hardly any in Bern and nothing in Fribourg. Really noone here from this city?

Hope to find some interesting people in this region. Coffee, going out, gym, any outdoor activities?

I'm looking for a beginner French course, too. If you can help me with any advice, that would be really appreciated.

Cheers

The text you are quoting:

I just moved to Fribourg a few weeks ago, and looking for meeting some new people in the region of Fribourg. It seems there are plenty of activities organised in Lausanne and Geneva, while hardly any in Bern and nothing in Fribourg. Really noone here from this city?

Hope to find some interesting people in this region. Coffee, going out, gym, any outdoor activities?

I'm looking for a beginner French course, too. If you can help me with any advice, that would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Hajnalka SMar 27, 2010 @ 21:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 966 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello there! I'm new to Fribourg... Anyone from Fribourg?
Post 1

Hey Haj!

Welcome to Fribourg, I feel for you! (-:

There's actually nealry 200 Fribourg folks on glocals.com already, and we're thinking of launching a formal glocals.com chapter into the city (I'm one of the co-founders). 

Are there any big multinationals in Fribourg that employ many exapts?

Thanks, and enjoy your new city,

Nir 

Hey Haj!

Welcome to Fribourg, I feel for you! (-:

There's actually nealry 200 Fribourg folks on glocals.com already, and we're thinking of launching a formal glocals.com chapter into the city (I'm one of the co-founders). 

Are there any big multinationals in Fribourg that employ many exapts?

Thanks, and enjoy your new city,

Nir 

Nir Ofek, Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello Nir!

Thanks. :)

I'm pleased to hear that you are thinking about a 'Fribourg chapter'. The idea is welcomed from my side. If I can support it anyhow, I'm happy to do so.

I work for a smaller multi close to the city of Fribourg (15 km), there are some exapts by this company, but not so many. I'm not aware of too many multinationals here, probably I'm still too new in this city, but I will make some research. It's interesting for me too, as I'm looking for an english-speaking mechanical engineering job to someone. 

Thanks,

Hajni

Hello Nir!

Thanks. :)

I'm pleased to hear that you are thinking about a 'Fribourg chapter'. The idea is welcomed from my side. If I can support it anyhow, I'm happy to do so.

I work for a smaller multi close to the city of Fribourg (15 km), there are some exapts by this company, but not so many. I'm not aware of too many multinationals here, probably I'm still too new in this city, but I will make some research. It's interesting for me too, as I'm looking for an english-speaking mechanical engineering job to someone. 

Thanks,

Hajni

Hajnalka S, Mar 30, 2010 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Hajni. 

If you find out about any Friboiurg company that employ many expats, pls let me know. Much appreciated, and good luck on finding the mechanic, 

Nir

Thanks Hajni. 

If you find out about any Friboiurg company that employ many expats, pls let me know. Much appreciated, and good luck on finding the mechanic, 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Mar 30, 2010 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I'moving to Fribourg as well, so a Fribourg section will be definitely wecome.

I'moving to Fribourg as well, so a Fribourg section will be definitely wecome.

nfpguare, Nov 2, 2010 @ 12:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Im not far from Fribourg, inbetween there and Bulle

Hi Im not far from Fribourg, inbetween there and Bulle

Bainzy, Nov 2, 2010 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 966 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form