Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hellooo to all you lovely people!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hellooo to all you lovely people!!

Hiyaa!

I landed here on Sunday so today is second full day here, all still very new and of course as it's new it's all so exciting!

OH and I moved here with his work from Bahrain (the tiny dot of an Island next to Saudi Arabia). This is our second relocation together, he is American and I am English. I am a housewife so don't have the advantage of meeting people through work so I am relying on you wonderful friendly people to help me out a little... friends for sale anyone?! :D

While living in Bahrain I had one particularly close friend, Angel, who was a starbucks addict (like me) and we also used to get manicures together on a thursday.. EVERY thursday. So I shall be scouting around and trying out the various salons when I actually get round to finding them. It would be great to have some girly friends to go with! I have also kept up my ritual of walking OH to work then heading to starbucks for a morning caramel macchiato (sure to wake you up with all that sugary goodness!) and a good old people watching session, I am loving the amount of eyecandy here. So starbucks lovers should definately send me a note, I am sure I must look a bit odd sitting on my own in bucksies.

I am a self confessed shopaholic (although everything here is so expensive, I can't quite believe just how much money I can get through in one day AND I am not even buying that much) and also I love dining out. I am a body modification fan, love my piercings and I think I may have already found the perfect studio (RLD) so if there is anyone else here that shares my love of metal then please do send me a note.

Well, if you have read this far without being bored to tears or even worse... sleep, then you bloody better reply!!!

Thanks,

Charlotte

The text you are quoting:

Hiyaa!

I landed here on Sunday so today is second full day here, all still very new and of course as it's new it's all so exciting!

OH and I moved here with his work from Bahrain (the tiny dot of an Island next to Saudi Arabia). This is our second relocation together, he is American and I am English. I am a housewife so don't have the advantage of meeting people through work so I am relying on you wonderful friendly people to help me out a little... friends for sale anyone?! :D

While living in Bahrain I had one particularly close friend, Angel, who was a starbucks addict (like me) and we also used to get manicures together on a thursday.. EVERY thursday. So I shall be scouting around and trying out the various salons when I actually get round to finding them. It would be great to have some girly friends to go with! I have also kept up my ritual of walking OH to work then heading to starbucks for a morning caramel macchiato (sure to wake you up with all that sugary goodness!) and a good old people watching session, I am loving the amount of eyecandy here. So starbucks lovers should definately send me a note, I am sure I must look a bit odd sitting on my own in bucksies.

I am a self confessed shopaholic (although everything here is so expensive, I can't quite believe just how much money I can get through in one day AND I am not even buying that much) and also I love dining out. I am a body modification fan, love my piercings and I think I may have already found the perfect studio (RLD) so if there is anyone else here that shares my love of metal then please do send me a note.

Well, if you have read this far without being bored to tears or even worse... sleep, then you bloody better reply!!!

Thanks,

Charlotte

Charlotte DevaneyFeb 2, 2010 @ 09:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1089 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hellooo to all you lovely people!!
Post 1

Heyhey and welcome!

Not sure about all the overly girly stuff but coffee and shopping i totally do! Although my god its crazy expensive here yes!!

I am also a fan of piercings etc, wanting something new so maybe you could point me in the right direction of a good piercer if you find one?! I love them but also in a minimal way, dont wanna overcrowd my face if u get me.....

Out and about in Geneva this wknd if you guys fancy a drink, i dont know many people but best way to meet!

Take care!

Becky xx

Heyhey and welcome!

Not sure about all the overly girly stuff but coffee and shopping i totally do! Although my god its crazy expensive here yes!!

I am also a fan of piercings etc, wanting something new so maybe you could point me in the right direction of a good piercer if you find one?! I love them but also in a minimal way, dont wanna overcrowd my face if u get me.....

Out and about in Geneva this wknd if you guys fancy a drink, i dont know many people but best way to meet!

Take care!

Becky xx

Becky Anderson, Feb 4, 2010 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome to Geneva,

Ive recently moved to Geneva from Australia so still trying to find my way around and meet new people.

Im a big fan of starbucks  and piercings aswell! and dont mind the odd bit of shopping but as Becky said its pretty expensive here.

If either of you are keen to meet up at some stage send me a message

Welcome to Geneva,

Ive recently moved to Geneva from Australia so still trying to find my way around and meet new people.

Im a big fan of starbucks  and piercings aswell! and dont mind the odd bit of shopping but as Becky said its pretty expensive here.

If either of you are keen to meet up at some stage send me a message

Jaye M, Feb 4, 2010 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey well im headed out for a few drinks tomorrow night if you fancy it? x

Hey well im headed out for a few drinks tomorrow night if you fancy it? x

Becky Anderson, Feb 4, 2010 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey

I'm actually off to an event tonight. I've actually been to an event the past 3 nights...  think I am due a night off soon haha needz sleepz!

If you guys aren't doing anything special tonight then I'm going to scottdaves drinks party thingy at Cafe Paki. RSVP and come along :) If not then we should meet up sometime at bucksies (I know its like CHF7 for a coffee but oooo its worth it!!)

Let me know if you have a free day and want to get together... I'm a housewife (that does not do much housework) so Im pretty much free most days.

@Becky, For piercings I would recommend RLD on Rue de Berne. It was recommended to me and I popped in the other day for a look around and a chat with the girl on the front desk. The girl I spoke to didn't speak any english but I got by with pointing at random body parts and asking "Combien?" I warn you now, just like everything else in Geneva, it is expensive! So at a push I would use RLD but I think it would be cheaper to just get new piercings at my old piercer when I visit home. What were you thinking about getting pierced? :) I got my tongue done a couple of weeks ago and I love it... next on my list is a triple cartilidge weaving, with one of those really pretty spiral rings through it... can't wait!!!

Hey

I'm actually off to an event tonight. I've actually been to an event the past 3 nights...  think I am due a night off soon haha needz sleepz!

If you guys aren't doing anything special tonight then I'm going to scottdaves drinks party thingy at Cafe Paki. RSVP and come along :) If not then we should meet up sometime at bucksies (I know its like CHF7 for a coffee but oooo its worth it!!)

Let me know if you have a free day and want to get together... I'm a housewife (that does not do much housework) so Im pretty much free most days.

@Becky, For piercings I would recommend RLD on Rue de Berne. It was recommended to me and I popped in the other day for a look around and a chat with the girl on the front desk. The girl I spoke to didn't speak any english but I got by with pointing at random body parts and asking "Combien?" I warn you now, just like everything else in Geneva, it is expensive! So at a push I would use RLD but I think it would be cheaper to just get new piercings at my old piercer when I visit home. What were you thinking about getting pierced? :) I got my tongue done a couple of weeks ago and I love it... next on my list is a triple cartilidge weaving, with one of those really pretty spiral rings through it... can't wait!!!

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 5, 2010 @ 09:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey, 

It was nice to meet you the other day.  I'm up for Starbucks sometime..  Maybe we could try and organise something next week?  

x

Hey, 

It was nice to meet you the other day.  I'm up for Starbucks sometime..  Maybe we could try and organise something next week?  

x

Nasra B, Feb 5, 2010 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

heyhey

im not really sure about a gathering thingy, gonna head round a few  bars n see what happens,maybe head in that direction but not sure! Im a bit rubbish at decision making, last few times i went out i was just taken round some irish pub and god knows where else, all a bit of a blur!

I think ill wait to im back in the uk in april to get a new piercing, cant afford much here! Im not sure what i want yet, im considering on my back at the bottom of my neck, i think it looks pretty awesome on some people, im just not sure as i have a tattoo there how it will look. I also love the back piercings with the lace to make them look like a corset but dont think id bother, theyd just end up ripped off by clothes,ouch!

I have alot of daytime free when the kids i look after are at school so plenty of time for coffee! Will have to arrange something!x

heyhey

im not really sure about a gathering thingy, gonna head round a few  bars n see what happens,maybe head in that direction but not sure! Im a bit rubbish at decision making, last few times i went out i was just taken round some irish pub and god knows where else, all a bit of a blur!

I think ill wait to im back in the uk in april to get a new piercing, cant afford much here! Im not sure what i want yet, im considering on my back at the bottom of my neck, i think it looks pretty awesome on some people, im just not sure as i have a tattoo there how it will look. I also love the back piercings with the lace to make them look like a corset but dont think id bother, theyd just end up ripped off by clothes,ouch!

I have alot of daytime free when the kids i look after are at school so plenty of time for coffee! Will have to arrange something!x

Becky Anderson, Feb 5, 2010 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I love the double industrial piercings at the back of the neck... its pretty and geometric! heh

The corset piercings you are on about are meant to be temporary, so you have them done for a specific event then take them out after as far as I'm aware. I should imagine they will get seriously irritated otherwise and probably rejected.

Wow you look after kids, rather you then me :P I am not child-friendly. I'll send you a note with my cell # and you can let me know when you will be free to bucksies and a good natter.

I love the double industrial piercings at the back of the neck... its pretty and geometric! heh

The corset piercings you are on about are meant to be temporary, so you have them done for a specific event then take them out after as far as I'm aware. I should imagine they will get seriously irritated otherwise and probably rejected.

Wow you look after kids, rather you then me :P I am not child-friendly. I'll send you a note with my cell # and you can let me know when you will be free to bucksies and a good natter.

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 5, 2010 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

@Nasra  It was great meeting you. We should totally meet up for a starbucks seeing as how we didn't really get a chance to talk at Cafe Bizarre. I'll send you my cell # and you can send me a text when you're free.

@Nasra  It was great meeting you. We should totally meet up for a starbucks seeing as how we didn't really get a chance to talk at Cafe Bizarre. I'll send you my cell # and you can send me a text when you're free.

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 5, 2010 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello there,

I would love to get together for some shopping, coffee and chat. I am new in town (Lausanne) and I am looking to meeting friendly people just to spend some good time.

Cheers,

Filomena

Hello there,

I would love to get together for some shopping, coffee and chat. I am new in town (Lausanne) and I am looking to meeting friendly people just to spend some good time.

Cheers,

Filomena

Maria S, Feb 6, 2010 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hey Filomena,

Lausanne is a bit far but if you're ever over my way then send me a note, hopefully by then I will of found myself some nice (relatively)cheap stores and can show you some bargains.

Hey Filomena,

Lausanne is a bit far but if you're ever over my way then send me a note, hopefully by then I will of found myself some nice (relatively)cheap stores and can show you some bargains.

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 8, 2010 @ 09:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1089 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form