Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hey!

hi everyone,

I just moved to Geneva with my husband and baby daughter. We're currently looking for more permanent housing, but currently we're located in the Charmilles area, and next week we might be in the Eaux-Vives or Plainpalais area for a week or so. We're from Brooklyn, NY and are looking forward to the change of pace that this city offers. I'm a stay at home mom for the year, which is quite new for me as I've spent the past 9 years working a hectic design job that left me little free personal time (New York is notorious for its lack of work life balance!).

I'm hoping to find other moms in the area who would be interested in meeting for coffee, going to parks, movies, museums, etc....or just for walks around town. Well, actually you don't have to be a mom, as none of my friends have kids yet...but it helps :)

I noticed there is a life drawing group that meets a few times a month, and I hope to attend some of these soon, once we get situated. I'd like this year to be about creative growth, so I'm looking forward to any sort of art/design groups there might be out there!

Also, I know practically no French, so that's going to be a major focus this year. Maybe I'll see some of you in the language exchange groups!

Look forward to meeting you :)

Britt (Wynne & baby Frankie too)

The text you are quoting:

hi everyone,

I just moved to Geneva with my husband and baby daughter. We're currently looking for more permanent housing, but currently we're located in the Charmilles area, and next week we might be in the Eaux-Vives or Plainpalais area for a week or so. We're from Brooklyn, NY and are looking forward to the change of pace that this city offers. I'm a stay at home mom for the year, which is quite new for me as I've spent the past 9 years working a hectic design job that left me little free personal time (New York is notorious for its lack of work life balance!).

I'm hoping to find other moms in the area who would be interested in meeting for coffee, going to parks, movies, museums, etc....or just for walks around town. Well, actually you don't have to be a mom, as none of my friends have kids yet...but it helps :)

I noticed there is a life drawing group that meets a few times a month, and I hope to attend some of these soon, once we get situated. I'd like this year to be about creative growth, so I'm looking forward to any sort of art/design groups there might be out there!

Also, I know practically no French, so that's going to be a major focus this year. Maybe I'll see some of you in the language exchange groups!

Look forward to meeting you :)

Britt (Wynne & baby Frankie too)

Brittany ROct 14, 2015 @ 15:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 678 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Hey!
Post 1

Welcome to Geneva and especially Eaux-Vives, which is a great place to live.

To meet Moms and their young children, I suggest you click on the “Groups” button where you’ll find a selection of activities that could be of interest and also help you settle into the local community.

All the best, R.

The text you are quoting:

Welcome to Geneva and especially Eaux-Vives, which is a great place to live.

To meet Moms and their young children, I suggest you click on the “Groups” button where you’ll find a selection of activities that could be of interest and also help you settle into the local community.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Oct 14, 2015 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 678 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form