Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi from an almost-new Italian in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi from an almost-new Italian in Geneva

Hi everyone,

just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Caterina, a PhD student at the University of Oxford, I'm from Italy and I'm based at CERN for the next couple of months, then I need to go back to Oxford and finally graduate. I've actually been in Geneva for the past two years but never found the time to subscribe or look around the website. I'll be starting a post-doc at the University of Geneva in November, and at that point I'll be looking for a shared room with flatmates for about 6 months until I can find a more permanent flat for myself and my boyfriend who plans to move back here (he's at CERN too). What else...I just moved to living in downtown Geneva from St Genis a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving life here! No offense to small French towns (they're lovely as well) but I think I'm more of a city person...

Have a good Sunday!

Caterina

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Caterina, a PhD student at the University of Oxford, I'm from Italy and I'm based at CERN for the next couple of months, then I need to go back to Oxford and finally graduate. I've actually been in Geneva for the past two years but never found the time to subscribe or look around the website. I'll be starting a post-doc at the University of Geneva in November, and at that point I'll be looking for a shared room with flatmates for about 6 months until I can find a more permanent flat for myself and my boyfriend who plans to move back here (he's at CERN too). What else...I just moved to living in downtown Geneva from St Genis a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving life here! No offense to small French towns (they're lovely as well) but I think I'm more of a city person...

Have a good Sunday!

Caterina

Caterina DoglioniJul 3, 2011 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 744 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi from an almost-new Italian in Geneva
Post 1

Welcome Caterina!

Good luck adjusting to Geneva and finding some new particles!

Welcome Caterina!

Good luck adjusting to Geneva and finding some new particles!

Tal A, Jul 4, 2011 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Good luck in St Genis ! It's the kind of place you need a car to move ! it is very different from Geneva not much animation so better to go to Geneva to have fun and meet international people !

Good luck in St Genis ! It's the kind of place you need a car to move ! it is very different from Geneva not much animation so better to go to Geneva to have fun and meet international people !

TSATSA, Jul 4, 2011 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

welcom to Geneva and good luck in your PHD

welcom to Geneva and good luck in your PHD

ZINNOUR M, Jul 5, 2011 @ 09:24