Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi there....I ordered some new friends...are they around yet ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi there....I ordered some new friends...are they around yet ?

Hi,

OK it'a joke...sorry !)

I'm new around here and I miss my funky, funny and active friends...
BUT...I'm sure I'm at the right place to make some funky, funny and active new friends !
SO...I love hanging out and have some beers, talking, biking, playing outdoors games...I also look after some french-english language exchange and I love pics...I have a new camera but I dont really know how to use it, so if someone knows something about photography....
Hope to meet some of you one day :)
Amandine

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

OK it'a joke...sorry !)

I'm new around here and I miss my funky, funny and active friends...
BUT...I'm sure I'm at the right place to make some funky, funny and active new friends !
SO...I love hanging out and have some beers, talking, biking, playing outdoors games...I also look after some french-english language exchange and I love pics...I have a new camera but I dont really know how to use it, so if someone knows something about photography....
Hope to meet some of you one day :)
Amandine

Amandine HApr 20, 2014 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1055 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi there....I ordered some new friends...are they around yet ?
Post 1

hey amandine!

i dabble in freelance photography on my spare time, if you need help dont hesitate to message me!

hey amandine!

i dabble in freelance photography on my spare time, if you need help dont hesitate to message me!

Mayling l, Apr 21, 2014 @ 08:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome to Geneva Amandine, here you can meet people, do different activities and also can do new friends. Best regards, Alvaro     

Welcome to Geneva Amandine, here you can meet people, do different activities and also can do new friends. Best regards, Alvaro     

ALVARO B, Apr 21, 2014 @ 09:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sorry, I sh

ould say "make new friends"

Sorry, I sh

ould say "make new friends"

ALVARO B, Apr 21, 2014 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks to both of you for your welcome !

I would be happy to meet you during activites or party ! See you soon then !)

Amandine

Thanks to both of you for your welcome !

I would be happy to meet you during activites or party ! See you soon then !)

Amandine

Amandine H, Apr 21, 2014 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Welcome Amandine,

To get the most out of glocals, you're already off to a great start with your New Member Introduction. You write, people respond. Excellente!

But, you can also join groups (the very improperly named "Groups - new!" button in green near the top) that interest you. I'm sure there are groups for photography and outdoor sports and after-work drinks, etc.

Also, and perhaps more immediate, is to look at the Things-To-Do, aka Activities, that people have already posted. Tonight you'll see there's a Pub Quiz at Mr. Pickwick's (that's my activity) but on any given day, you'll find people organizing skiing, volleyball, drinks, going out to dance or watch a concert, city tours, language exchange, Tuesday Coffee, running/walking, etc.

What's even better is that if you have a *great* idea for something that you'd like to do (go out to see a newly released movie, lasertag, star gazing, etc.), you can just post an activity and invite people to join you. Pick a date/time/meeting place, announce it and wait for like-minded people to get excited about your activity. This is another great way to meet people.

Lastly (well, not really), there are the Forums which are quite active (if not somewhat inadequately categorized). If you have a question, post it there. If you have a something funny to share, post it there. If you have an answer to someone else's question, please share your knowledge or expertise.

It's a win-win thing here, so the more you put in, the more you'll get out of it.

Oh, and if you can deal with the onslaught of chat messages from guys, you can switch your Chat settings to "On" so that you can avoid sending "mail messages" when you're online.

Have a GREAT time. I'm sure you're gonna love it.

Welcome Amandine,

To get the most out of glocals, you're already off to a great start with your New Member Introduction. You write, people respond. Excellente!

But, you can also join groups (the very improperly named "Groups - new!" button in green near the top) that interest you. I'm sure there are groups for photography and outdoor sports and after-work drinks, etc.

Also, and perhaps more immediate, is to look at the Things-To-Do, aka Activities, that people have already posted. Tonight you'll see there's a Pub Quiz at Mr. Pickwick's (that's my activity) but on any given day, you'll find people organizing skiing, volleyball, drinks, going out to dance or watch a concert, city tours, language exchange, Tuesday Coffee, running/walking, etc.

What's even better is that if you have a *great* idea for something that you'd like to do (go out to see a newly released movie, lasertag, star gazing, etc.), you can just post an activity and invite people to join you. Pick a date/time/meeting place, announce it and wait for like-minded people to get excited about your activity. This is another great way to meet people.

Lastly (well, not really), there are the Forums which are quite active (if not somewhat inadequately categorized). If you have a question, post it there. If you have a something funny to share, post it there. If you have an answer to someone else's question, please share your knowledge or expertise.

It's a win-win thing here, so the more you put in, the more you'll get out of it.

Oh, and if you can deal with the onslaught of chat messages from guys, you can switch your Chat settings to "On" so that you can avoid sending "mail messages" when you're online.

Have a GREAT time. I'm sure you're gonna love it.

Zonker, Apr 21, 2014 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ok....well done then !) Thanks Zonker...I'll look at all what you said and above all I'll practice my internet skills !! Thank you so much and see you !

Amandine

Ok....well done then !) Thanks Zonker...I'll look at all what you said and above all I'll practice my internet skills !! Thank you so much and see you !

Amandine

Amandine H, Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

ok, that settles it. we should all meet for a coffee or something on Friday. noon at Café Boreal?

ok, that settles it. we should all meet for a coffee or something on Friday. noon at Café Boreal?

Zonker, Apr 23, 2014 @ 23:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hey I am also keen to meeet people who like to do outdoor related things.. I would be keen in the evenings to go on a walk/hike. Also Meredith I saw you play Squash, I play a fair bit as well although unfortunately have taken 2 months off. If you fancy playing, and know where, I would be happy to have a hit.

Hey I am also keen to meeet people who like to do outdoor related things.. I would be keen in the evenings to go on a walk/hike. Also Meredith I saw you play Squash, I play a fair bit as well although unfortunately have taken 2 months off. If you fancy playing, and know where, I would be happy to have a hit.

nina kumari, Apr 24, 2014 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi everyone and thanks for your post ! That's so kind of you !)

I'm not available on friday...sorry...but have fun guys !

I don't play squash...at all...but I'm always keen to go hiking (love it !). It's such a good idea !  And I do not know the area yet so let's hike one day !

Hi everyone and thanks for your post ! That's so kind of you !)

I'm not available on friday...sorry...but have fun guys !

I don't play squash...at all...but I'm always keen to go hiking (love it !). It's such a good idea !  And I do not know the area yet so let's hike one day !

Amandine H, Apr 24, 2014 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1055 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form