Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Intern in Geneva, stay in Annecy, moved from Indonesia

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Intern in Geneva, stay in Annecy, moved from Indonesia

Hello everyone! I arrived in Geneva two weeks ago and just discovered this site. Currently, I am doing internship with UN. As for the living, I didn't stay in Geneva because of the ubiquitous reason you all may knew! I live in Annecy, and it's a really beautiful city. For those who plan to visit this idyllic place, please kindly let me know! I would be so happy to meet new people, hang out with you and exchange stories/ideas :)

Saying that, if anyone here happens to commute everyday to Geneva, could you please share with me what kind of transportation did you use? 

Thank you very much//merci beaucoup//terima kasih for all your kind attention! 

Warm wishes, 

Ruth

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone! I arrived in Geneva two weeks ago and just discovered this site. Currently, I am doing internship with UN. As for the living, I didn't stay in Geneva because of the ubiquitous reason you all may knew! I live in Annecy, and it's a really beautiful city. For those who plan to visit this idyllic place, please kindly let me know! I would be so happy to meet new people, hang out with you and exchange stories/ideas :)

Saying that, if anyone here happens to commute everyday to Geneva, could you please share with me what kind of transportation did you use? 

Warm wishes, 

Ruth

Ruth SSep 2, 2016 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1097 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Intern in Geneva, stay in Annecy, moved from Indonesia
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva for at least your working hours!

On finding transportation possibilities, there is an active Anglo/French group in Annecy and I believe some of the members commute to Geneva.  Unfortunately, I can’t remember the group’s name but you should be able to find it via a google search.  Alternatively, ask at Annecy’s Tourist Office which is where I think I first got to know about the group.

Best wishes,

R.

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva for at least your working hours!

On finding transportation possibilities, there is an active Anglo/French group in Annecy and I believe some of the members commute to Geneva.  Unfortunately, I can’t remember the group’s name but you should be able to find it via a google search.  Alternatively, ask at Annecy’s Tourist Office which is where I think I first got to know about the group.

Best wishes,

R.

Ritchie, Sep 2, 2016 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Ruth and welcome to Geneva / Annecy  ! Check the member activities, join those who appeal to you and you will meet tons of great people (by the way, did you see that there is a New Members Drinks event next Tuesday?) And why not organizing a stroll in beautiful Annecy, since you live there ? There would certainly be takers.

The cheapest way to commute from Annecy to Geneva is certainly car pooling (covoiturage in French). The number one web site in France for that is blablacar.

Best

Hi Ruth and welcome to Geneva / Annecy  ! Check the member activities, join those who appeal to you and you will meet tons of great people (by the way, did you see that there is a New Members Drinks event next Tuesday?) And why not organizing a stroll in beautiful Annecy, since you live there ? There would certainly be takers.

The cheapest way to commute from Annecy to Geneva is certainly car pooling (covoiturage in French). The number one web site in France for that is blablacar.

Best

Bustan_A, Sep 2, 2016 @ 12:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Ritchie!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! What a valuable information!! I'll try to search it on Google then. 

Best regards,

Ruth

Hello Ritchie!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! What a valuable information!! I'll try to search it on Google then. 

Best regards,

Ruth

Ruth S, Sep 2, 2016 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Best

Sep 2, 16 12:25

Hi Bustan! Thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind information. Also, till now I am using blablacar still, but just wondering if anyone here has a regular time to commute daily. 

With regards to organising a stroll in Annecy, yes absolutely I'd love to do that!!! I would just need a time to adapt on this site and see how it works (with the thread, forum, etc). Anyone is welcome to meet up in Annecy!!

Thank you again!!!

Cheers, 

Ruth

Hi Bustan! Thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind information. Also, till now I am using blablacar still, but just wondering if anyone here has a regular time to commute daily. 

With regards to organising a stroll in Annecy, yes absolutely I'd love to do that!!! I would just need a time to adapt on this site and see how it works (with the thread, forum, etc). Anyone is welcome to meet up in Annecy!!

Thank you again!!!

Cheers, 

Ruth

Ruth S, Sep 2, 2016 @ 14:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If you would like to organize an activity, click on “Things to do”.  It’s also a great place to find news of all that’s going on.

R.

If you would like to organize an activity, click on “Things to do”.  It’s also a great place to find news of all that’s going on.

R.

Ritchie, Sep 2, 2016 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Warm wishes, 

Ruth

Sep 2, 16 10:39

Hi Ruth,

To travel on public transport from Annecy, your best bet is the train. Check the SNCF site. If you take the train to Geneve (Eaux Vives) it takes you an hour and 30 minutes and runs you about 13 euros. If you take it to Annemasse it takes an hour and it costs around 11 euros, round trip in both cases.

I have always travelled by car, and frankly, the tolls come up to around 14 euros (7 each way), but I travel from here to Annecy and there I want to have a car. If you come the other way around, it is a different story.

Hi Ruth,

To travel on public transport from Annecy, your best bet is the train. Check the SNCF site. If you take the train to Geneve (Eaux Vives) it takes you an hour and 30 minutes and runs you about 13 euros. If you take it to Annemasse it takes an hour and it costs around 11 euros, round trip in both cases.

I have always travelled by car, and frankly, the tolls come up to around 14 euros (7 each way), but I travel from here to Annecy and there I want to have a car. If you come the other way around, it is a different story.

JR M, Sep 2, 2016 @ 17:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi JR! 

Thanks a lot for your reply!! I have checked the train site but it's a bit expensive for me :(

For now, I am using blablacar but would like to know some people whom I can regularly ride share with. 

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards, 

Ruth

Hi JR! 

Thanks a lot for your reply!! I have checked the train site but it's a bit expensive for me :(

For now, I am using blablacar but would like to know some people whom I can regularly ride share with. 

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards, 

Ruth

Ruth S, Sep 3, 2016 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1097 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form