Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > It banking guy, saying hi to y'all + question about public transport!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
It banking guy, saying hi to y'all + question about public transport!

Hi people,

I am new arrival to Zurich, no, i am not going to ask for appartment or anything in this thread , dont worry)))

I have a question about public transport, I know about a "day card" , but does such a thing exist like in luxembourg, a flat rate public card and you can travel wherever you want, and how much is such a thing and does anyone have alink to a website? 

This is a supernewby question, i know))

The text you are quoting:

Hi people,

I am new arrival to Zurich, no, i am not going to ask for appartment or anything in this thread , dont worry)))

I have a question about public transport, I know about a "day card" , but does such a thing exist like in luxembourg, a flat rate public card and you can travel wherever you want, and how much is such a thing and does anyone have alink to a website? 

This is a supernewby question, i know))

Jacob BNov 12, 2010 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 881 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: It banking guy, saying hi to y'all + question about public transport!
Post 1

yes there does, you can buy a 9 hour day card at any station covering the zurich area. Think it costs arounbd 54chf without halbtax. Further info here

http://www.sbb.ch/

But you can also buy a zone card just for the zurich region.

if you travel a lot its worth investing in a halb tax card for 1 year, aLL Train and trams are then 1/2 price. Worth mentioning, the zone card for Zurich is valid on all trams, busses and trains in the Zurich region, and even the boats.

There is an icon at the top of the sbb page for english language.

yes there does, you can buy a 9 hour day card at any station covering the zurich area. Think it costs arounbd 54chf without halbtax. Further info here

http://www.sbb.ch/

But you can also buy a zone card just for the zurich region.

if you travel a lot its worth investing in a halb tax card for 1 year, aLL Train and trams are then 1/2 price. Worth mentioning, the zone card for Zurich is valid on all trams, busses and trains in the Zurich region, and even the boats.

There is an icon at the top of the sbb page for english language.

Karl N, Nov 13, 2010 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Adding to the comment above, the next stage up is a full GA which is valid for a year and is about 3000chf (but I may be wrong).

This gives unlimited travel in Switzerland on bus, train and boat, except some private railways such as in the mountains. However even there you get discount sometimes.

Adding to the comment above, the next stage up is a full GA which is valid for a year and is about 3000chf (but I may be wrong).

This gives unlimited travel in Switzerland on bus, train and boat, except some private railways such as in the mountains. However even there you get discount sometimes.

Simon Colliss, Nov 13, 2010 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks for all the tips folks, appreceate it very much,

Thanks for all the tips folks, appreceate it very much,

Jacob B, Nov 15, 2010 @ 00:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 881 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form