Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived and wanting to make friends to never forget!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived and wanting to make friends to never forget!

Hello everybody, 

I just arrived in GVA, Im planning to stay over six months as Im doing an Internship for my Master Studies. So far I just know my landlord and my boss and actually they are not that fun. I would love to meet new interesting people to hang out with, to go watch a movie, to do some nature walks, to play music with or to go drink something somewhere. Im living in beautiful Corsier Port, walkimg distance to the lake which I go everyday after work. By the way I d like to go to the spring party but as I havent met anybody to go with I d probably stay home unless any of you is in the same situation and will actually want to join. :)

Emilio

The text you are quoting:

Hello everybody, 

I just arrived in GVA, Im planning to stay over six months as Im doing an Internship for my Master Studies. So far I just know my landlord and my boss and actually they are not that fun. I would love to meet new interesting people to hang out with, to go watch a movie, to do some nature walks, to play music with or to go drink something somewhere. Im living in beautiful Corsier Port, walkimg distance to the lake which I go everyday after work. By the way I d like to go to the spring party but as I havent met anybody to go with I d probably stay home unless any of you is in the same situation and will actually want to join. :)

Emilio

Emilio MartinezApr 8, 2014 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 966 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived and wanting to make friends to never forget!
Post 1

Welcome to Switzerland. I suggest you check the Member Activities, join those that appeal to you and you will soon fill up your adress book.

All the best.

Welcome to Switzerland. I suggest you check the Member Activities, join those that appeal to you and you will soon fill up your adress book.

All the best.

Dorothy W, Apr 9, 2014 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

thanks

thanks

Emilio Martinez, Apr 9, 2014 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I know how hard it is at the beginning, when you don't know anyone and you feel weird about going to a huge party on your own. There is a lot of people going, that don't know anyone - there are going to be a very friendly volunteers at the entrance welcoming people and they always make everyone feel so comfortable. If they will notice that you are on your own they will introduce you to the others and the rest will go with the flow. Trust me on that one ;)

I challenge you to actually drop the "lazy Saturday evening" idea and come to the party !

I know how hard it is at the beginning, when you don't know anyone and you feel weird about going to a huge party on your own. There is a lot of people going, that don't know anyone - there are going to be a very friendly volunteers at the entrance welcoming people and they always make everyone feel so comfortable. If they will notice that you are on your own they will introduce you to the others and the rest will go with the flow. Trust me on that one ;)

I challenge you to actually drop the "lazy Saturday evening" idea and come to the party !

Natalie W, Apr 9, 2014 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

welcome, and u just go and mingle around , for sure u will enjoy and have lot of fun

welcome, and u just go and mingle around , for sure u will enjoy and have lot of fun

mariam m, Apr 9, 2014 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thank you so much, I am feeling like going! Seems that you (Nat) will be one of this volunteers?

Thank you so much, I am feeling like going! Seems that you (Nat) will be one of this volunteers?

Emilio Martinez, Apr 9, 2014 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Apr 9, 14 23:55

Yes, I'll be one of the volunteers at the entrance - look for bunny ears and you will find me ;-) 

Yes, I'll be one of the volunteers at the entrance - look for bunny ears and you will find me ;-) 

Natalie W, Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I was kinda in the same dilemma regarding the spring party, so you want to grab something to eat or a few beers before going there drop me a line.

In any case, from my experience glocal staff and volunteers are usually pretty much the nicest people on earth, so it will probably take you (or me) less than a couple of minutes to feel welcome at the party even if you go alone!

G

I was kinda in the same dilemma regarding the spring party, so you want to grab something to eat or a few beers before going there drop me a line.

In any case, from my experience glocal staff and volunteers are usually pretty much the nicest people on earth, so it will probably take you (or me) less than a couple of minutes to feel welcome at the party even if you go alone!

G

Andre Gama, Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

G

Apr 10, 14 10:49

Carlos I totally agree with you !

We (volunteers) are the nicest people on earth and we will definitely make sure, that you and Emilio will feel more then welcome ;-) 

I think you guys should go have few beers before, do all the "dudes bonding" thing and come to the party as friends already ! I can promise you, that you won't regret not staying at home in your PJ's.

Carlos I totally agree with you !

We (volunteers) are the nicest people on earth and we will definitely make sure, that you and Emilio will feel more then welcome ;-) 

I think you guys should go have few beers before, do all the "dudes bonding" thing and come to the party as friends already ! I can promise you, that you won't regret not staying at home in your PJ's.

Natalie W, Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

shirin, Apr 10, 2014 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

No PJ's on sat night! 

Thanks Nat, will go for the bunny ears!

Carlos, parece buena idea...

No PJ's on sat night! 

Thanks Nat, will go for the bunny ears!

Carlos, parece buena idea...

Emilio Martinez, Apr 10, 2014 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin