Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived from Down Under =D

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived from Down Under =D

Hi Everyone,

Just found out about this awsome site 2 weeks ago from a random amercian sales girl I met in lausanne. She told me that its a great way to meet fellow ex-pats and do alot of fun awsome activities and I must say, at first I was rather sceptical but everything looks so much fun!! I just can't wait to do all the outdoors, sports and social activities!

This is exacly what I have been looking for!! So look out for me and don't be shy to drop me a line as I am exstreamly friendly, open-minded and social Laughing

Can't wait to meet everyone here Laughing

Till then...

Take care and always keep a smile on your face Cool

Cezanne

P.S I arrived about 2 months ago from Sydney, Australia... forgot to mention the Undecided lol

The text you are quoting:

Hi Everyone,

Just found out about this awsome site 2 weeks ago from a random amercian sales girl I met in lausanne. She told me that its a great way to meet fellow ex-pats and do alot of fun awsome activities and I must say, at first I was rather sceptical but everything looks so much fun!! I just can't wait to do all the outdoors, sports and social activities!

This is exacly what I have been looking for!! So look out for me and don't be shy to drop me a line as I am exstreamly friendly, open-minded and social Laughing

Till then...

Cezanne

P.S I arrived about 2 months ago from Sydney, Australia... forgot to mention the Undecided lol

Cezanne BJul 10, 2010 @ 23:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 775 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived from Down Under =D
Post 1

Hi Everyone,

Till then...

Cezanne

Jul 10, 10 23:35

Umm I'm sorry... abit in embarrassed here was trying to add faces but some how... it came up as laughing or undecided... So please don't be confused by what I write... I am not social laughing i was trying to put a =D big smiley face

Guess this forum doesn't work perfectly =S lol

Umm I'm sorry... abit in embarrassed here was trying to add faces but some how... it came up as laughing or undecided... So please don't be confused by what I write... I am not social laughing i was trying to put a =D big smiley face

Guess this forum doesn't work perfectly =S lol

Cezanne B, Jul 10, 2010 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

at least you've escaped the winter down there.. and joined a real summer for a change... welcome

at least you've escaped the winter down there.. and joined a real summer for a change... welcome

Claudio S, Jul 14, 2010 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yeah thats true... but to honest I have been avoid Australian summer's for years and have been spending them here with my mother as she works here! So I haven't experienced a summer in along time... and I am not sure if I like it!!

It's to damn Hot!!! My friends tell me its like this all the time and I bloody hope so I have already exprienced my first heat stroke of the season and don't want another!! LoL

Thanx for the welcome from a fellow Aussie =D

Yeah thats true... but to honest I have been avoid Australian summer's for years and have been spending them here with my mother as she works here! So I haven't experienced a summer in along time... and I am not sure if I like it!!

It's to damn Hot!!! My friends tell me its like this all the time and I bloody hope so I have already exprienced my first heat stroke of the season and don't want another!! LoL

Thanx for the welcome from a fellow Aussie =D

Cezanne B, Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

.. someone should tell them that air cons have been invented... send them to www.kmart.com.au

:-)

.. someone should tell them that air cons have been invented... send them to www.kmart.com.au

:-)

Claudio S, Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Omg I totally agree I mean how on earth do people survive here shopping for clothes is beyond me... the god owful smell is enough to put any girl off shopping for aleast a season!! Enough SAID!!! =PLoL

But on a serious  note How on earth is it possible that even a dentist office dosn't have an Air-Con or Cafe's and Restaurants I just don't understand the logic!! Doesn't it bother people I thought the reason we go to cafe's in the summer for a drink or ice cream is to cool down LoL, I guess its a totally Different situation here!!

To be honest it never even dawned on me that it could get hotter than 29 degrees here its been a TOTAL shock for me!! It's been 4 years since I have experiences such heat!! HELP!! LOL

Omg I totally agree I mean how on earth do people survive here shopping for clothes is beyond me... the god owful smell is enough to put any girl off shopping for aleast a season!! Enough SAID!!! =PLoL

But on a serious  note How on earth is it possible that even a dentist office dosn't have an Air-Con or Cafe's and Restaurants I just don't understand the logic!! Doesn't it bother people I thought the reason we go to cafe's in the summer for a drink or ice cream is to cool down LoL, I guess its a totally Different situation here!!

To be honest it never even dawned on me that it could get hotter than 29 degrees here its been a TOTAL shock for me!! It's been 4 years since I have experiences such heat!! HELP!! LOL

Cezanne B, Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Welcome, Cezanne!

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a good place to find an air conditioner, as Genevois seem to have never heard of the concept, but I can give you a vital piece of information that could help cool an Aussie girl down during the Summer: Mr. Pickwick's pub on Rue de Lausanne has Foster's on tap! :)

Welcome, Cezanne!

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a good place to find an air conditioner, as Genevois seem to have never heard of the concept, but I can give you a vital piece of information that could help cool an Aussie girl down during the Summer: Mr. Pickwick's pub on Rue de Lausanne has Foster's on tap! :)

Tal A, Jul 15, 2010 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Tal,

Fosters on tap ... yes, that great export aussie beer that hardly no one drinks back home Smile   .. the best think to come out of that Fosters brewery in Melbourne is Carlton Cold .....  

lovely pub though !!

Hi Tal,

Fosters on tap ... yes, that great export aussie beer that hardly no one drinks back home Smile   .. the best think to come out of that Fosters brewery in Melbourne is Carlton Cold .....  

lovely pub though !!

Claudio S, Jul 15, 2010 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Cezanne.

Welcome to GenevaWink How are you settling in? I lived here for almost 2 years in full, so don't hesitate if you have a question about somethingSmile

Cheers,

Cecilie

Hi Cezanne.

Welcome to GenevaWink How are you settling in? I lived here for almost 2 years in full, so don't hesitate if you have a question about somethingSmile

Cheers,

Cecilie

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 15, 2010 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thanx Tal but Claudio is correct foster's isn't a great aussie beer to drink and no one drinks it back home... Sorry hun!!  In fact it comes as a shock to me that its so popular overseas =S

Why do you like it?? guess its a matter of taste..

However I do drink fosters one a year on Australia Day as like I said I have been spending my christmas vacataions here for the past 4 years.. Well till now... As well I have moved here.... Lol (Read above)

Anyway... Still dying... Might ask my best friend to mail over my Air Con =S

And thanx Cecile your so sweet will deff keep you in mind.... Everyone here is so nice... Thanx heaps =)

Thanx Tal but Claudio is correct foster's isn't a great aussie beer to drink and no one drinks it back home... Sorry hun!!  In fact it comes as a shock to me that its so popular overseas =S

Why do you like it?? guess its a matter of taste..

However I do drink fosters one a year on Australia Day as like I said I have been spending my christmas vacataions here for the past 4 years.. Well till now... As well I have moved here.... Lol (Read above)

Anyway... Still dying... Might ask my best friend to mail over my Air Con =S

And thanx Cecile your so sweet will deff keep you in mind.... Everyone here is so nice... Thanx heaps =)

Cezanne B, Jul 15, 2010 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hey Cezanne hope your enjoying your time in Switzerland ! Yeah glocals is a good way to meet new people and lausanne is good fun. Sydney is my favourite city including other smaller places such port lincoln near Adelaide. 

Hey Cezanne hope your enjoying your time in Switzerland ! Yeah glocals is a good way to meet new people and lausanne is good fun. Sydney is my favourite city including other smaller places such port lincoln near Adelaide. 

James T, Jul 15, 2010 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Cezanne, 

I am of the same oppinion as you with the Air con situation or lack there of. Where the heck is it? actually I found some in Migros under the Flon, made shopping a real treat but it was a heck of hot walk home with my arms full with groceries. 

Someone said that they don't use air con here as it's not enviromentally friendly so new buildings are not getting it installed as they would back home in NZ or Australia. it's crazy!

They should really consider it on the buses too.

See you, Tanya

Hi Cezanne, 

I am of the same oppinion as you with the Air con situation or lack there of. Where the heck is it? actually I found some in Migros under the Flon, made shopping a real treat but it was a heck of hot walk home with my arms full with groceries. 

Someone said that they don't use air con here as it's not enviromentally friendly so new buildings are not getting it installed as they would back home in NZ or Australia. it's crazy!

They should really consider it on the buses too.

See you, Tanya

Tanya Burkhardt, Jul 15, 2010 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi james,

thanx for the welcoming... I have heard about your famous social events you organise which I hope to go to sometime =) but yeah poeople here have been just so nice makes and welcoming makes me feel great =D and I am loving being back in Switzerland...  But I wanna do more more outdoors and cultural activities but I am new here have any ideas??? ANYONE....

And Tanya,

your sooooo right the swiss are soooo big on the Environment  apparently they were the first in the world tooo....and don't get me wrong so am I! Just not at the expense of my health and others... cause GUY's being serious here with the heat strokes.... I am begining to be scared of the heat... and thats just werid =S Ohh and all the New buses have AirCon's apparently they just don't but it on UNLESS its VERY VERY HOT!! Can you believe it???

Hi james,

thanx for the welcoming... I have heard about your famous social events you organise which I hope to go to sometime =) but yeah poeople here have been just so nice makes and welcoming makes me feel great =D and I am loving being back in Switzerland...  But I wanna do more more outdoors and cultural activities but I am new here have any ideas??? ANYONE....

And Tanya,

your sooooo right the swiss are soooo big on the Environment  apparently they were the first in the world tooo....and don't get me wrong so am I! Just not at the expense of my health and others... cause GUY's being serious here with the heat strokes.... I am begining to be scared of the heat... and thats just werid =S Ohh and all the New buses have AirCon's apparently they just don't but it on UNLESS its VERY VERY HOT!! Can you believe it???

Cezanne B, Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Cezanne!I

i wish you a warm welcome and i hope you will have fun in Switzerland, even with the heat. Don't worry, summer doesn't last long here and we will soon go back to our cold weather! :-)

I hope to meet you tomorrow at Great Escape altough i'm not sure yet i can make it.

See ya!

Ps: i love OZ!

Hi Cezanne!I

i wish you a warm welcome and i hope you will have fun in Switzerland, even with the heat. Don't worry, summer doesn't last long here and we will soon go back to our cold weather! :-)

I hope to meet you tomorrow at Great Escape altough i'm not sure yet i can make it.

See ya!

Ps: i love OZ!

isaflu, Jul 15, 2010 @ 22:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Cezanne,

Nice to see some Aussies here Smile

Im coming in August (from Melbourne).

Looking forward to the un-airconditioned apartment (not).

See ya,
lina

Hi Cezanne,

Nice to see some Aussies here Smile

Im coming in August (from Melbourne).

Looking forward to the un-airconditioned apartment (not).

See ya,
lina

Lina T, Jul 26, 2010 @ 07:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 775 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form