Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived in Zurich

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived in Zurich

Hello everyone,

I arrived in Zurich at the weekend and have just found the forum so thought I would drop in and say hello.

I haven't skied for about 5 years so was extremely excited to see snow this morning ! Hopefully I will squeeze a few trips to mountains in this year and see if I can remember what to do.

I need to start learning German too as I only speak English at the moment, so if anyone has any recommendations on language schools I'd be happy to hear them, although I guess its all about the teacher.

I spotted mid week drinks somewhere, so maybe next week I will be brave enough to show my face :O) 

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I arrived in Zurich at the weekend and have just found the forum so thought I would drop in and say hello.

I haven't skied for about 5 years so was extremely excited to see snow this morning ! Hopefully I will squeeze a few trips to mountains in this year and see if I can remember what to do.

I need to start learning German too as I only speak English at the moment, so if anyone has any recommendations on language schools I'd be happy to hear them, although I guess its all about the teacher.

I spotted mid week drinks somewhere, so maybe next week I will be brave enough to show my face :O) 

Beverley BFeb 10, 2010 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1685 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived in Zurich
Post 1

hi beverley,

welcome to zurich!

i'll start a german course in migros klubschule 2 weeks later.

my colleagues recommended it, and i'll follow their recommendation :)

link for the web-site: http://www.klubschule.ch/de/english/Seiten/default.aspx

cheers...

hi beverley,

welcome to zurich!

i'll start a german course in migros klubschule 2 weeks later.

my colleagues recommended it, and i'll follow their recommendation :)

link for the web-site: http://www.klubschule.ch/de/english/Seiten/default.aspx

cheers...

gunsu p, Feb 10, 2010 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Gunsu,

Thanks for the link, I have heard a few recommendations for Migros. Annoying how there timetables still shows courses that have already started. But I have found one thats right for me starting in March.

Good Luck with your course

Bev

Hi Gunsu,

Thanks for the link, I have heard a few recommendations for Migros. Annoying how there timetables still shows courses that have already started. But I have found one thats right for me starting in March.

Good Luck with your course

Bev

Beverley B, Feb 11, 2010 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Beverley,

Welcome to Zürich!

If you're still looking into German courses, you might be interested in EB Zürich or ECAP. Both are state-sponsored schools, so a bit cheaper than other private schools.

I took 5 months of German at EB after having tried a couple other schools and found it to be the best. You can find information on their courses under

http://www.eb-zuerich.ch/kursprogramm/deutsch-als-zweitsprache/

An advantage to signing up with either of these schools is that you can then sign up for a free integration course (if you're interested). The only catch however, is that the courses in both of these schools are in high demand, so you might have to sign up ahead of time.

As far as Migros, I took French with them and was quite satisfied (although definitely more expensive), and as for German, I've also heard lots of good things about them.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hi Beverley,

Welcome to Zürich!

If you're still looking into German courses, you might be interested in EB Zürich or ECAP. Both are state-sponsored schools, so a bit cheaper than other private schools.

I took 5 months of German at EB after having tried a couple other schools and found it to be the best. You can find information on their courses under

http://www.eb-zuerich.ch/kursprogramm/deutsch-als-zweitsprache/

An advantage to signing up with either of these schools is that you can then sign up for a free integration course (if you're interested). The only catch however, is that the courses in both of these schools are in high demand, so you might have to sign up ahead of time.

As far as Migros, I took French with them and was quite satisfied (although definitely more expensive), and as for German, I've also heard lots of good things about them.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Nina_Sky, Feb 11, 2010 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nina,

Thank you for all of the info. I think so far I am sticking with Migro's as I like the idea that I can go twice a week in the evenings. The courses are short enough to keep me engaged and frequent enough to stop me from forgetting things into between ! Well at least thats the theory! 

That said I won't be booking until the end of the month.

I have another question ...

Does anyone know of anyone that does Spinning (indoor cycle) classes in English ??

Its something I used to do a lot of in the Uk but it doesn't seem as popular here, I guess people just cycle outside...

Hi Nina,

Thank you for all of the info. I think so far I am sticking with Migro's as I like the idea that I can go twice a week in the evenings. The courses are short enough to keep me engaged and frequent enough to stop me from forgetting things into between ! Well at least thats the theory! 

That said I won't be booking until the end of the month.

I have another question ...

Does anyone know of anyone that does Spinning (indoor cycle) classes in English ??

Its something I used to do a lot of in the Uk but it doesn't seem as popular here, I guess people just cycle outside...

Beverley B, Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1685 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form