Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1572 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Karaoke
Post 1
Hi Si,

I know of 2. One at a bar called Lion Rouge in Carouge, which takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays if I'm not wront. And another from a Chinese restaurant at Rue Voltaire.

Lion Rouge is the best at my opinion.

Hope it helps,

Rodrigo

The text you are quoting:
Hi Si,

I know of 2. One at a bar called Lion Rouge in Carouge, which takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays if I'm not wront. And another from a Chinese restaurant at Rue Voltaire.

Lion Rouge is the best at my opinion.

Hope it helps,

Rodrigo
rodricamp, Jul 23, 2009 @ 23:19

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

So it’s not popular then I guess.  Do you participate?

Si

So it’s not popular then I guess.  Do you participate?

Si
Si.Phillips, Jul 23, 2009 @ 23:27

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Actually it's quite popular, I have been there around 3 times and it was packed everytime I went there.
Actually it's quite popular, I have been there around 3 times and it was packed everytime I went there.
rodricamp, Jul 24, 2009 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I guess you mean Rouge in Carouge.

Is it easy to find, and mostly English?

I guess you mean Rouge in Carouge.

Is it easy to find, and mostly English?
Si.Phillips, Jul 24, 2009 @ 09:56

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Yep, I mean the Lion Rouge. They are very well located and have a wide variety of songs in English.
Yep, I mean the Lion Rouge. They are very well located and have a wide variety of songs in English.
rodricamp, Jul 24, 2009 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Hello there!
I'm a karaoke fan too and regularly I go to the Artist's Pub in Versoix (3 minute walk from the railroad station going East near the tracks) where they have karaoke every night except for Fridays (live band) and Saturdays (disco with sometimes a litle karaoke too). Would recommend Tuesdays when the KJ is English.  Other nights are fine too.  Generally there's a good crowd on Thursdays.  There are as many English songs as there are French ones.  The stage is real well done and the sound system sounds good too¨¨
The same owner has a  (very) small Pub in Ferney Voltaire in the Levant area near the Collex Bossy border crossing and that place has karaoke every night except the 2 days they close which are Sunday and Tuesday. Both places start the karaoke at 2200.
Hope to meet you in Versoix.
Edmond
 Hello there!
I'm a karaoke fan too and regularly I go to the Artist's Pub in Versoix (3 minute walk from the railroad station going East near the tracks) where they have karaoke every night except for Fridays (live band) and Saturdays (disco with sometimes a litle karaoke too). Would recommend Tuesdays when the KJ is English.  Other nights are fine too.  Generally there's a good crowd on Thursdays.  There are as many English songs as there are French ones.  The stage is real well done and the sound system sounds good too¨¨
The same owner has a  (very) small Pub in Ferney Voltaire in the Levant area near the Collex Bossy border crossing and that place has karaoke every night except the 2 days they close which are Sunday and Tuesday. Both places start the karaoke at 2200.
Hope to meet you in Versoix.
Edmond
Edmond J, Sep 3, 2009 @ 15:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 Some people seem to have interperted my info on the karaoke pubs in Versoix and Ferney as being an ad.... the reason for me mentionning these 2 pubs is that they are the only ones I know of in the Geneva area that have almost daily karaoke and that is why I go there myself too.  Therefore I will try to mention some of the other karaoke options I know about and that haven't been mentionned in this thread yet :

-  Grill House, ZI Meyrin-Vernier  karaoke Fridays and Saturdays
-  Bar at the bowling alley in the Centre Commercial de la Praille has karaoke Thursdays
-  Trois-Huit in Vésenaz has karaoke some nights
-  Paridise Pub in Chêne Bourgeries had karaoke some nights
-  Les Brasseurs on Rue de la Servette near the station has (mostly latin flavor) karaoke some nights
-  and there are more out there, also in Gland, Lausanne and Pont de Fillinges... don't know them all

Some people seem to have interperted my info on the karaoke pubs in Versoix and Ferney as being an ad.... the reason for me mentionning these 2 pubs is that they are the only ones I know of in the Geneva area that have almost daily karaoke and that is why I go there myself too.  Therefore I will try to mention some of the other karaoke options I know about and that haven't been mentionned in this thread yet :

-  Grill House, ZI Meyrin-Vernier  karaoke Fridays and Saturdays
-  Bar at the bowling alley in the Centre Commercial de la Praille has karaoke Thursdays
-  Trois-Huit in Vésenaz has karaoke some nights
-  Paridise Pub in Chêne Bourgeries had karaoke some nights
-  Les Brasseurs on Rue de la Servette near the station has (mostly latin flavor) karaoke some nights
-  and there are more out there, also in Gland, Lausanne and Pont de Fillinges... don't know them all

Edmond J, Sep 13, 2009 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1572 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form