Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Learning French and having fun this summer in Geneva!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Learning French and having fun this summer in Geneva!

Hi all!

I'm planning to come to Geneva this summer to study French at UNIGE. Will be there for three weeks (most probably, in the end of July - beginning of August). I've never been in Geneva before and very excited about my trip! Would be great to make some acquaintances in advance and get some reccommendations. If anybody also coming for this French course? Also, I need advice re.accommodation. I'm planning to live in Cite Universitaire cause some other hostels centrally located either have no place available for this period or go beyond my financial plan for the trip :). Is Cite Universitaire too far from University? I would like to rent a bike while I'm Geneva, so any advice where I can do it would be most welcomed too.

Wow! I have so many questions! Want to come quite prepared, so I would really really appreciate if I find friends already before the trip and know what to do while in geneva!

Warm greetings from Moscow to everybody! Geneva, see you soon ;)

The text you are quoting:

Hi all!

I'm planning to come to Geneva this summer to study French at UNIGE. Will be there for three weeks (most probably, in the end of July - beginning of August). I've never been in Geneva before and very excited about my trip! Would be great to make some acquaintances in advance and get some reccommendations. If anybody also coming for this French course? Also, I need advice re.accommodation. I'm planning to live in Cite Universitaire cause some other hostels centrally located either have no place available for this period or go beyond my financial plan for the trip :). Is Cite Universitaire too far from University? I would like to rent a bike while I'm Geneva, so any advice where I can do it would be most welcomed too.

Wow! I have so many questions! Want to come quite prepared, so I would really really appreciate if I find friends already before the trip and know what to do while in geneva!

Warm greetings from Moscow to everybody! Geneva, see you soon ;)

Adelina AJun 7, 2011 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 592 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Learning French and having fun this summer in Geneva!
Post 1

Hi Adelina, 

This is the bicycle hire I usually use, If you want the bike for 4 hours or less you can get them free daily with a deposit of 20 francs.  

http://www.geneveroule.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=66

The french course at the university sounds really interesting, it would be great to hear back about how you find it. Hope it goes really well!

Hi Adelina, 

This is the bicycle hire I usually use, If you want the bike for 4 hours or less you can get them free daily with a deposit of 20 francs.  

http://www.geneveroule.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=66

The french course at the university sounds really interesting, it would be great to hear back about how you find it. Hope it goes really well!

Miriam H, Jun 7, 2011 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Learning French and having fun this summer in Geneva!
Post 2

Hey Miriam,

Thanks for your link! It's really useful and will save my time from web-serfing:)

I actually hesitated between Geneva and Lausanne (UNIL-they also have summer french courses) but decided in favour of Geneva finally cause there must be much more things to see and do. And I'll make a trip to Lausanne for sure - it must be charming! 

Well, I hope the course will be good. Everything will depend on my own efforts in the long run ))

Hey Miriam,

Thanks for your link! It's really useful and will save my time from web-serfing:)

I actually hesitated between Geneva and Lausanne (UNIL-they also have summer french courses) but decided in favour of Geneva finally cause there must be much more things to see and do. And I'll make a trip to Lausanne for sure - it must be charming! 

Well, I hope the course will be good. Everything will depend on my own efforts in the long run ))

Adelina A, Jun 7, 2011 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 592 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form