Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Living in Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Living in Lausanne

Hello,

I have been living in Lausanne with my husband for the past couple of months.  After getting situated, I am interested in getting more involved in the community.  I am a lawyer in the US, but not working in Switzerland.  I love to read, do pilates and am interested in working on my beginner level french skills.  I also love to travel.  Hope to meet some of you soon!

Brittany

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I have been living in Lausanne with my husband for the past couple of months.  After getting situated, I am interested in getting more involved in the community.  I am a lawyer in the US, but not working in Switzerland.  I love to read, do pilates and am interested in working on my beginner level french skills.  I also love to travel.  Hope to meet some of you soon!

Brittany

Brittany PJan 21, 2010 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 936 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Living in Lausanne
Post 1

Welcome to Lausanne Brittany.

Since you are a reader. You will find that English books from FNAC, Payot etc. are very expensive. The two English websites to use (unless you are going back to the States all the time) are www.bookdepository.co.uk and www.play.com . Both offer free shipping to CH.

For Pilates you can do a www.google.ch search using "pilates +lausanne" and you will get the list. The only one I know that has the reformer is www.pilates-lausanne.ch . It is located in Place St. Francois. There are some other yoga/pilates places such as www.yogaworks-lausanne.ch that is in Place St. Laurent (near the second Starbucks). Owners are a couple: she is CH and he is NZ. Website is in FR/EN.

Good luck with the French. Try not to spend all of your time with English speaking people (too easy to slip into this).

You and your husband should try to get to Jasper's next monthly drink. You will meet lots of people. Next one is in Feb. so look at the activities list over the next couple of weeks.

Good luck,

Vebier

The text you are quoting:

Welcome to Lausanne Brittany.

Since you are a reader. You will find that English books from FNAC, Payot etc. are very expensive. The two English websites to use (unless you are going back to the States all the time) are www.bookdepository.co.uk and www.play.com . Both offer free shipping to CH.

For Pilates you can do a www.google.ch search using "pilates +lausanne" and you will get the list. The only one I know that has the reformer is www.pilates-lausanne.ch . It is located in Place St. Francois. There are some other yoga/pilates places such as www.yogaworks-lausanne.ch that is in Place St. Laurent (near the second Starbucks). Owners are a couple: she is CH and he is NZ. Website is in FR/EN.

Good luck with the French. Try not to spend all of your time with English speaking people (too easy to slip into this).

You and your husband should try to get to Jasper's next monthly drink. You will meet lots of people. Next one is in Feb. so look at the activities list over the next couple of weeks.

Good luck,

Vebier

Verbier, Jan 21, 2010 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 936 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form