Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking for Friends in Geneva (English, French or Russian speaking)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for Friends in Geneva (English, French or Russian speaking)

Hello!

I am currently staying in Geneva (interning at Cern). I've been studying abroad here since January but haven't had much of an opportunity to make new friends here (I've lived in a dorm with mostly people from my university back in America). 

Anybody want to hang out sometime, maybe grab a few drinks, explore the area, etc?

I speak fluent English and Russian. I understand about 80% of French (been studying for 7 years), but my speaking has become rusty recently.

I'm looking to meet new friends to hang out with, have a good time. Also to practice my French. I'm in Geneva until the 23rd of August.

Thanks for reading, and (hopefully) looking forward to meeting you!

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I am currently staying in Geneva (interning at Cern). I've been studying abroad here since January but haven't had much of an opportunity to make new friends here (I've lived in a dorm with mostly people from my university back in America). 

Anybody want to hang out sometime, maybe grab a few drinks, explore the area, etc?

I speak fluent English and Russian. I understand about 80% of French (been studying for 7 years), but my speaking has become rusty recently.

I'm looking to meet new friends to hang out with, have a good time. Also to practice my French. I'm in Geneva until the 23rd of August.

Thanks for reading, and (hopefully) looking forward to meeting you!

Ivan LavrentyevJul 31, 2014 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 910 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for Friends in Geneva (English, French or Russian speaking)
Post 1

the easiest way to meet people is either through work - CERN organises plenty of activities or glocals which might have a wider choice or by joining clubs - not much point in the latter if you here for a short time.

If you are just looking for casual acquaintances (знакомые) then glocals get togethers are porbably a good idea but it is better to join activites of which there are many where at least you might bump into like minded people

Friends are difficult to find.  In my case very few predate university and today they are mostly connected with activities I participate in.  I have hundreds of acquaintances whom I can meet up with any time but very few friends - may be I am just a difficult person 

the easiest way to meet people is either through work - CERN organises plenty of activities or glocals which might have a wider choice or by joining clubs - not much point in the latter if you here for a short time.

If you are just looking for casual acquaintances (знакомые) then glocals get togethers are porbably a good idea but it is better to join activites of which there are many where at least you might bump into like minded people

Friends are difficult to find.  In my case very few predate university and today they are mostly connected with activities I participate in.  I have hundreds of acquaintances whom I can meet up with any time but very few friends - may be I am just a difficult person 

Paul E, Jul 31, 2014 @ 23:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Yeah, I get what you mean. I guess by "friends" I mostly mean aquaintances to hang out with for 3-4 weeks before I go back to the States. 

I'll definitely take a look into the CERN activites, maybe find some cool things to do during my remaining time here.

Thanks!

Yeah, I get what you mean. I guess by "friends" I mostly mean aquaintances to hang out with for 3-4 weeks before I go back to the States. 

I'll definitely take a look into the CERN activites, maybe find some cool things to do during my remaining time here.

Thanks!

Ivan Lavrentyev, Jul 31, 2014 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, I am from GVA and French is my mother tongue. I lived in russia and want to practice basic conversations. I am free at lunch time and working in gva city center near Bel air. thanks!

Hi, I am from GVA and French is my mother tongue. I lived in russia and want to practice basic conversations. I am free at lunch time and working in gva city center near Bel air. thanks!

Frederique D, Oct 11, 2015 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 910 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form