Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking for people interested in water sports, fishing, etc

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for people interested in water sports, fishing, etc

HI there,

I have some experience but not that much. I love sea, rivers , lake and its inhabitants.

Alex

The text you are quoting:

HI there,

I have some experience but not that much. I love sea, rivers , lake and its inhabitants.

Alex

Alex LvSep 28, 2014 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

38 Replies | 2130 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for people interested in water sports, fishing, etc
Post 1

Hey! I would like to go fishing but I don't know where!!

Hey! I would like to go fishing but I don't know where!!

Dámaris Acevedo, Oct 1, 2014 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi there! I was used to go for fishing back in my country and I would like to try it here. Tell me if you plan something! Still have to find a fishing rod...

Hi there! I was used to go for fishing back in my country and I would like to try it here. Tell me if you plan something! Still have to find a fishing rod...

Luis R, Oct 1, 2014 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

water sports made me chuckle. 

water sports made me chuckle. 

Will Glyn, Oct 4, 2014 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Fishing sounds interesting, depending what you mean exactly: on land or boat ? In the lac leman you can fish w/o a license as far as I heard

Fishing sounds interesting, depending what you mean exactly: on land or boat ? In the lac leman you can fish w/o a license as far as I heard

Kris R, Oct 4, 2014 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Kris,

My research has led me to believe that for fishing in CH you need a license....Also you need different licenses to fish different parts. Hopefully you all have gear to fish as well. If you do end up fishing let me know and i will also join in...

Best,

V

Kris,

My research has led me to believe that for fishing in CH you need a license....Also you need different licenses to fish different parts. Hopefully you all have gear to fish as well. If you do end up fishing let me know and i will also join in...

Best,

V

V N, Oct 5, 2014 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I've been looking for someone to teach me basic fishing for a long while...Happy to pay for it!

Ideally something simple from the banks of the river/lake around Geneva. 

I've been looking for someone to teach me basic fishing for a long while...Happy to pay for it!

Ideally something simple from the banks of the river/lake around Geneva. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 5, 2014 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi all again and sorry for the so late response. I will try to get some info about the licences needed for land fishing.

Nir, if we really started doing it, we will be moreless at the same level since it seems that nobody has fished in the lake before!

Maybe we can all meet for a beer and exchange a bit on this topic and try to decide something about what to do!

Luis

Hi all again and sorry for the so late response. I will try to get some info about the licences needed for land fishing.

Nir, if we really started doing it, we will be moreless at the same level since it seems that nobody has fished in the lake before!

Maybe we can all meet for a beer and exchange a bit on this topic and try to decide something about what to do!

Luis

Luis R, Oct 11, 2014 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I was just checking out fishing activities in geneva, and came acorss your message. Any luck with your reasearch?

I was just checking out fishing activities in geneva, and came acorss your message. Any luck with your reasearch?

bearded09, Jan 27, 2016 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi guys,

I tried fishing in Coppet - as long as I remember, no permit was needed. I would love to join you on a day out, I have the rods and all equipment, except for the car :)

Cheers,

Emma

Hi guys,

I tried fishing in Coppet - as long as I remember, no permit was needed. I would love to join you on a day out, I have the rods and all equipment, except for the car :)

Cheers,

Emma

Emma Millei, Apr 29, 2016 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Emma:

I have a car but no fishing gear, sounds like a win-win!

How about hitting the fish this Thursday (it's a day off)?

Anyone else from here welcome to join!

Emma:

I have a car but no fishing gear, sounds like a win-win!

How about hitting the fish this Thursday (it's a day off)?

Anyone else from here welcome to join!

Nir Ofek, May 1, 2016 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Don't forget the beer...

Don't forget the beer...

Casuistik, May 1, 2016 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Don't forget the beer...

May 1, 16 11:13

I think that's really the only way I'll catch a fish: if I get it drunk first

I think that's really the only way I'll catch a fish: if I get it drunk first

Nir Ofek, May 1, 2016 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi guys!

Thursday is not good for me, sorry :( Anyone free this Friday or Saturday?

Hi guys!

Emma Millei, May 2, 2016 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Used to be a permit free system that limited the user to one rod, with a single hook and specific dead bait only. (worms, etc...) Not sure if that's still in effect or not.

However, if you want to fish with lures, spinners or anything artificial, you are required to acquire a license. And, if memory serves me, you have to take a course and pass a test for the canton in which you want to fish. As i recall, it was somewhere in the realm of 50 chf. 

Best of luck - KEN///

Used to be a permit free system that limited the user to one rod, with a single hook and specific dead bait only. (worms, etc...) Not sure if that's still in effect or not.

However, if you want to fish with lures, spinners or anything artificial, you are required to acquire a license. And, if memory serves me, you have to take a course and pass a test for the canton in which you want to fish. As i recall, it was somewhere in the realm of 50 chf. 

Best of luck - KEN///

intlrep1, May 2, 2016 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi guys!

May 2, 16 10:03

Emma:

That's a monster you caught there! If you catch those kind of fish, you're way out of our leauge!

I'm up for giving it a shot Saturday morning. My 8 year old is in too. 

Would that work for you?

Nir

Emma:

That's a monster you caught there! If you catch those kind of fish, you're way out of our leauge!

I'm up for giving it a shot Saturday morning. My 8 year old is in too. 

Would that work for you?

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 2, 2016 @ 14:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi Nir,

That sounds perfect! I guess I'll take two rods with a single hook on each just in case. I'll get some earthworms the day before. Anything else you have in mind?

Emma

Hi Nir,

That sounds perfect! I guess I'll take two rods with a single hook on each just in case. I'll get some earthworms the day before. Anything else you have in mind?

Emma

Emma Millei, May 2, 2016 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hi Nir,

Emma

May 2, 16 14:39

Wow Emma, you are even more serious than I thought! You have 2 fishing rods (not 1), and you're even willing to touch the worms! I have a lot to learn. 

Saturday morning it is. 

Do you know of a good location with lots of hungry fish, or do we just hit the lake at a random spot?

Wow Emma, you are even more serious than I thought! You have 2 fishing rods (not 1), and you're even willing to touch the worms! I have a lot to learn. 

Saturday morning it is. 

Do you know of a good location with lots of hungry fish, or do we just hit the lake at a random spot?

Nir Ofek, May 2, 2016 @ 16:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Get into fly fishing Nir - great for getting rid of that stress !! Sorry I can't help as I am leaving but would have been nice to give you some pointers (not helpful I know!!)

Get into fly fishing Nir - great for getting rid of that stress !! Sorry I can't help as I am leaving but would have been nice to give you some pointers (not helpful I know!!)

Jeffery S, May 3, 2016 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Anyone still following thia thread and keen to do some fishing? I've just moved here and I'm a super keen angler, would be great to meet some new people and catch some nice fish. cheers

Anyone still following thia thread and keen to do some fishing? I've just moved here and I'm a super keen angler, would be great to meet some new people and catch some nice fish. cheers

Dan S, Oct 28, 2016 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Oct 28, 16 16:45

I can see by your picture that you're a keen angler!

I'm still in, but I'm still just a follower: I can provide the car, but I need someone who knows how to fish to show me the ropes about the equipment and best places. I want my profile pic to be like yours soon...(-;

I can see by your picture that you're a keen angler!

I'm still in, but I'm still just a follower: I can provide the car, but I need someone who knows how to fish to show me the ropes about the equipment and best places. I want my profile pic to be like yours soon...(-;

Nir Ofek, Oct 28, 2016 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Haha don't worry Nir they get much bigger than that in these parts- that's just a baby. Cool well I have more than enough gear and I'm happy to help you get started do you have any ideas what sort of fishing you might be interested in trying? I am reasonably proficient with most fishing styles and have spent some time doing angling tutorials in most so should be able to help you. 

Haha don't worry Nir they get much bigger than that in these parts- that's just a baby. Cool well I have more than enough gear and I'm happy to help you get started do you have any ideas what sort of fishing you might be interested in trying? I am reasonably proficient with most fishing styles and have spent some time doing angling tutorials in most so should be able to help you. 

Dan S, Oct 28, 2016 @ 16:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Oct 28, 16 16:55

Thanks Dan.

I'm not even sure what different kinds of fishing exist! Let's prioritise the easy ones where the technic is easy. I'll do the driving and the paying for lunch, if you're up for doing the teaching...And I might have a highly-motivated 9 year old to bring with us too, if that's cool with you. 

Thanks Dan.

I'm not even sure what different kinds of fishing exist! Let's prioritise the easy ones where the technic is easy. I'll do the driving and the paying for lunch, if you're up for doing the teaching...And I might have a highly-motivated 9 year old to bring with us too, if that's cool with you. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 28, 2016 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Haha OK, well as I'm new to the area (only arrived Monday) it's probably best if I scout a few places out first so I know that we at least stand a good chance when I do take you this will also give me a chance to get a feel for the types of fishing available. In the UK I'd be starting my predator fishing soon for pike, perch and zander which can be very active and fun so it should be a good place to start if things work the same here. As for your son tagging along too that;s fine with me. I've just started a group on here just in case there are any other shy angler types lurking so please join: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-fishing-group.htm

Speak soon

D

Haha OK, well as I'm new to the area (only arrived Monday) it's probably best if I scout a few places out first so I know that we at least stand a good chance when I do take you this will also give me a chance to get a feel for the types of fishing available. In the UK I'd be starting my predator fishing soon for pike, perch and zander which can be very active and fun so it should be a good place to start if things work the same here. As for your son tagging along too that;s fine with me. I've just started a group on here just in case there are any other shy angler types lurking so please join: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-fishing-group.htm

Speak soon

D

Dan S, Oct 28, 2016 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Speak soon

D

Oct 28, 16 17:08

I'm now a proud member of the fishing group!

Looking forward to hearing from you, teacher. 

And...welcome to Geneva! I'm guessing you came here to work for P&G or the UN or a Bank. Correct?

I'm now a proud member of the fishing group!

Looking forward to hearing from you, teacher. 

And...welcome to Geneva! I'm guessing you came here to work for P&G or the UN or a Bank. Correct?

Nir Ofek, Oct 28, 2016 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

It's a fair guess but no actually. I moved here as my wife got a position at WHO. I'm actually a fish biologist and currently looking for a position.

It's a fair guess but no actually. I moved here as my wife got a position at WHO. I'm actually a fish biologist and currently looking for a position.

Dan S, Oct 30, 2016 @ 18:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Dear Nir

Dear Nir

bearded09, Oct 30, 2016 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Dear Nir

Oct 30, 16 20:14

The jackpot will be when I catch my 1st fish!

The jackpot will be when I catch my 1st fish!

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2016 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Here I come ! I have my fishing rod ! I want ! Need !!!

Here I come ! I have my fishing rod ! I want ! Need !!!

Hortense Aude, Oct 31, 2016 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

With a good beer of wine of course  Sealed

With a good beer of wine of course  Sealed

Hortense Aude, Oct 31, 2016 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Kris,

Best,

V

Oct 5, 14 10:02

Hello. You can go fishing in Lac Leman without a licence if your set up is simple (one hook only with a bobber). Fishing permit per day is around 10 chf. For annual permit, it's 70. But to get an annual permit, you have to have a licence. To get a licence you have to take a one-day course and an exam. It's easy.

For the river, you need a permit each time.

Hello. You can go fishing in Lac Leman without a licence if your set up is simple (one hook only with a bobber). Fishing permit per day is around 10 chf. For annual permit, it's 70. But to get an annual permit, you have to have a licence. To get a licence you have to take a one-day course and an exam. It's easy.

For the river, you need a permit each time.

Anni Vi T, Oct 31, 2016 @ 18:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Hi Anni, yep that's what I've managed to find out from research online and speaking to people in a fishing tackle store. No licence for a single rod and single hook in the lac and day permits available for the river. Also day tickets and annual permits available in France where there is lots of good fishing to be had. These are the same price as the Swiss ones but no test is needed for the annual pass in this case. Do you fish here yourself, Anni?

Hi Anni, yep that's what I've managed to find out from research online and speaking to people in a fishing tackle store. No licence for a single rod and single hook in the lac and day permits available for the river. Also day tickets and annual permits available in France where there is lots of good fishing to be had. These are the same price as the Swiss ones but no test is needed for the annual pass in this case. Do you fish here yourself, Anni?

Dan S, Oct 31, 2016 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Yup. I also took the half day course and the exam to get a fishing licence. :-)

Yup. I also took the half day course and the exam to get a fishing licence. :-)

Anni Vi T, Oct 31, 2016 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Awesome, I'm looking to get my swiss permit to but I understand it's only offered in French and my French is proba ly not good enough to complete the course yet. Do you think having a PhD in fish biology and fisheries will buy me a free pass? Sadly I think not! 

What types of fishing are you in to Anni?

Awesome, I'm looking to get my swiss permit to but I understand it's only offered in French and my French is proba ly not good enough to complete the course yet. Do you think having a PhD in fish biology and fisheries will buy me a free pass? Sadly I think not! 

What types of fishing are you in to Anni?

Dan S, Oct 31, 2016 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Caught my first Swiss fish today. Drew quite the crowd!

Dan S, Nov 2, 2016 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Nov 2, 16 17:40

Congrats!

That's a big one. 

So do Swiss fish behave differently than their North American cousins? Do the Swiss fish behave more politely and they only bite from 09h-12h and then again from 14h-18h? (-;

Yalla Dan, take us finishing already...

Congrats!

That's a big one. 

So do Swiss fish behave differently than their North American cousins? Do the Swiss fish behave more politely and they only bite from 09h-12h and then again from 14h-18h? (-;

Yalla Dan, take us finishing already...

Nir Ofek, Nov 2, 2016 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Thats a nice fish bro...not one for the river or sweet water fish but will have to give it a go. What did you use as bait?

Thats a nice fish bro...not one for the river or sweet water fish but will have to give it a go. What did you use as bait?

V N, Nov 2, 2016 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Nov 2, 16 17:50

it's less of "nice fish" and more of a "little monster"! That thing is huge!

Nir Ofek, Nov 2, 2016 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Nov 2, 16 17:54

I guess when Fondu is part of the diet ....

I guess when Fondu is part of the diet ....

V N, Nov 2, 2016 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
38 Replies | 2130 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form