Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking forward to meeting people in Lausanne!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking forward to meeting people in Lausanne!

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Lausanne with my family from the States.  We have two daughters ages 13 and 10.  We are all fluent in French and are currently learning German.  I do not work and am really wanting to meet people!  I love the outdoors and am very excited about exploring this beautiful region.

I look forward to meeting you!

Evora

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Lausanne with my family from the States.  We have two daughters ages 13 and 10.  We are all fluent in French and are currently learning German.  I do not work and am really wanting to meet people!  I love the outdoors and am very excited about exploring this beautiful region.

I look forward to meeting you!

Evora

Evora DMay 28, 2015 @ 07:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1267 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking forward to meeting people in Lausanne!
Post 2

Dear Evora,

I only saw  your entry now. If you would like to meet people and families, you can try the local English-speaking churches. I am a member of the Scots Kirk which is very close to the centre of town. We have a youth group are a very friendly mainly expatriate bunch. There are various groups which do various activities such as walking, art and dancing.

Do come along!

Regards Jeremy

www.scotskirklausanne.ch

Dear Evora,

I only saw  your entry now. If you would like to meet people and families, you can try the local English-speaking churches. I am a member of the Scots Kirk which is very close to the centre of town. We have a youth group are a very friendly mainly expatriate bunch. There are various groups which do various activities such as walking, art and dancing.

Do come along!

Regards Jeremy

www.scotskirklausanne.ch

Jeremy McTeague, Jul 1, 2015 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Jeremy,

I live very near that church!

I went on their website but did not see any upcoming events.  I have a chuch I attend on Sunday mornings but would be interested in other activities your church has during the week.

Thanks!

Evora

Hi Jeremy,

I went on their website but did not see any upcoming events.  I have a chuch I attend on Sunday mornings but would be interested in other activities your church has during the week.

Thanks!

Evora

Evora D, Jul 1, 2015 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Carina,

Thanks for the note! Yes, lets go for a walk sometime. I am busy the next weekend or so but as soon as I am free I will let you know.  I have time in the mornings sometimes as well.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Evora

Hi Carina,

Thanks for the note! Yes, lets go for a walk sometime. I am busy the next weekend or so but as soon as I am free I will let you know.  I have time in the mornings sometimes as well.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Evora

Evora D, Jul 1, 2015 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks!

Evora

Jul 1, 15 17:44

Hi Evora,

Monday is Scottish country dancing, Tuesday is the art group, Friday is youth group. Notifications are made in the order of service which is published on Thursdays. There are also soup and cheese lunches every Wednesday. These are followed by a bring and buy booksale where people enjoy refreshments as well. There is also a Open Church on Wednesday afternoons which ends in a short service at 18.30 and an apéro at 19.00.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Jeremy

Hi Evora,

Monday is Scottish country dancing, Tuesday is the art group, Friday is youth group. Notifications are made in the order of service which is published on Thursdays. There are also soup and cheese lunches every Wednesday. These are followed by a bring and buy booksale where people enjoy refreshments as well. There is also a Open Church on Wednesday afternoons which ends in a short service at 18.30 and an apéro at 19.00.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Jeremy

Jeremy McTeague, Jul 1, 2015 @ 18:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1267 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form