Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Looking to move to Nyon in July, any tips?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking to move to Nyon in July, any tips?

Hi there, my five year old daughter and I are moving to Nyon in July. I would like to get some tips from residents in terms of schooling, renting a flat (two bedroom close to the train station), creches, maman de jour's, activities for kids, anything really, I will be totally new to Nyon and everything feels a little overwhelming at the moment...

So any help will be most welcomed! I work in Geneva and currently live in Vaud, just a bit closer to Lausanne, something I look forward changing. So if you have any helpful advice that can help me and my daughter in this new face, please send me a message! Much appreciated!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there, my five year old daughter and I are moving to Nyon in July. I would like to get some tips from residents in terms of schooling, renting a flat (two bedroom close to the train station), creches, maman de jour's, activities for kids, anything really, I will be totally new to Nyon and everything feels a little overwhelming at the moment...

So any help will be most welcomed! I work in Geneva and currently live in Vaud, just a bit closer to Lausanne, something I look forward changing. So if you have any helpful advice that can help me and my daughter in this new face, please send me a message! Much appreciated!

Laura FMar 7, 2016 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1284 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking to move to Nyon in July, any tips?
Post 1

Hi :) I live in Nyon since 20 years now so yes i can give you some tips...I am not so good in english but i think that will be ok.

My children are more than 14 yo now but they spent their hole childhood here in Nyon si i can also give you tips for your daughter, and i am a teacher here in Nyon as well. My email adress is [email protected].

Bye :)

Mathias

Hi :) I live in Nyon since 20 years now so yes i can give you some tips...I am not so good in english but i think that will be ok.

My children are more than 14 yo now but they spent their hole childhood here in Nyon si i can also give you tips for your daughter, and i am a teacher here in Nyon as well. My email adress is [email protected].

Bye :)

Mathias

Mathias Dufour, Mar 14, 2016 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Remove Thanks
! Report to Admin
Post 2

whole not hole sry :)

whole not hole sry :)

Mathias Dufour, Mar 14, 2016 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Mar 7, 16 15:20

You could also click the “Groups” tab and contact the very active Nyon Group.  I’m sure they will also be happy to help.

Best wishes, R.

You could also click the “Groups” tab and contact the very active Nyon Group.  I’m sure they will also be happy to help.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Mar 14, 2016 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Laura,

Hope you are settling weel here in Nyon (if you are in Nyon:-) We moved here in April, this year.

I have a 5 years old daughter as well and as she was born and spent first 4,5 years of her life in Ireland, she is native English. If you want, maybe our daughters can play together sometimes?

I would recommend Chatter Box here in Nyon http://www.thechatterbox.ch/ - an art and craft English playgroup. My daughter goes there once per week when not in school and she loves it! She also attends English classes in Gland - in Active English Club (this is more for kids to learn to write and read in English) http://www.englishclubgland.ch/
M
y daughter got a place in primary school in city centre and we are very happy so far.

Good luck with everything!

Dragana

Hi Laura,

Hope you are settling weel here in Nyon (if you are in Nyon:-) We moved here in April, this year.

I have a 5 years old daughter as well and as she was born and spent first 4,5 years of her life in Ireland, she is native English. If you want, maybe our daughters can play together sometimes?

I would recommend Chatter Box here in Nyon http://www.thechatterbox.ch/ - an art and craft English playgroup. My daughter goes there once per week when not in school and she loves it! She also attends English classes in Gland - in Active English Club (this is more for kids to learn to write and read in English) http://www.englishclubgland.ch/
M
y daughter got a place in primary school in city centre and we are very happy so far.

Good luck with everything!

Dragana

Dragana O, Nov 27, 2016 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1284 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form