Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving from Baltimore, USA. Need room and friends!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving from Baltimore, USA. Need room and friends!!

Hello everyone, 

My name is Atieh and I am a masters student studying public health at the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland. I have been accepted for an internship at the WHO so I will be living in Geneva for a couple of months. I am glad I have finally found this website! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you and find an affordable flat. 

All the best,

Atieh

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone, 

My name is Atieh and I am a masters student studying public health at the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland. I have been accepted for an internship at the WHO so I will be living in Geneva for a couple of months. I am glad I have finally found this website! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you and find an affordable flat. 

All the best,

Atieh

Atieh NovinJan 20, 2010 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving from Baltimore, USA. Need room and friends!!
Post 1

Hi Atieh

Though there is no shortage of super-smart people in Geneva or on Glocals, another one is always welcome.

This is a great place and you will have a fabulous time professionally and socially.

I wish you every success.

Bizhan

Hi Atieh

Though there is no shortage of super-smart people in Geneva or on Glocals, another one is always welcome.

This is a great place and you will have a fabulous time professionally and socially.

I wish you every success.

Bizhan

Bizhan, Jan 20, 2010 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks so much for your warm welcome Bizhan! This is certainly a fabulous website!

Thanks so much for your warm welcome Bizhan! This is certainly a fabulous website!

Atieh Novin, Jan 20, 2010 @ 21:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yes you are right: this is definitely a fabulous site.

In fact, there are more smart people on every square inch of this site than was the case in Albert Einstein's home Smile

B

Yes you are right: this is definitely a fabulous site.

In fact, there are more smart people on every square inch of this site than was the case in Albert Einstein's home Smile

B

Bizhan, Jan 20, 2010 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Atieh,

This website is fantastic, you'll get to know many people through Glocals! Plus, you'll get the tips and pieces of advice you're looking for.

When do you arrive in Geneva?

Ghis

Hey Atieh,

This website is fantastic, you'll get to know many people through Glocals! Plus, you'll get the tips and pieces of advice you're looking for.

When do you arrive in Geneva?

Ghis

Ghis G, Jan 20, 2010 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I'm moving to Geneva for the same reason as you!!! I got my master's at American University in DC! :))

I'm moving to Geneva for the same reason as you!!! I got my master's at American University in DC! :))

Martina Tinka M, Jan 24, 2010 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I am from Washington, DC as well! I just moved to Lausanne (about 45 minutes from Geneva) two weeks ago. Maybe we can have a DC/BAltimore reunion when you both arrive :)

I am from Washington, DC as well! I just moved to Lausanne (about 45 minutes from Geneva) two weeks ago. Maybe we can have a DC/BAltimore reunion when you both arrive :)

KiYonna C, Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Ghis, 

Yes, I am very excited about being in Geneva but unfortunately have been having a hard time finding somewhere to live! I plan on arriving to Geneva in late March and staying until late May. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you run into something! Hopefully we can meet up when I am there! What do you do there and how long have been living in Geneva?

Atieh

Hi Ghis, 

Yes, I am very excited about being in Geneva but unfortunately have been having a hard time finding somewhere to live! I plan on arriving to Geneva in late March and staying until late May. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you run into something! Hopefully we can meet up when I am there! What do you do there and how long have been living in Geneva?

Atieh

Atieh Novin, Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

That sounds great KiYonna! what are you doing in Lausenne? we will certainly keep in touch and meet up when i arrive! looking forward to meeting you!

That sounds great KiYonna! what are you doing in Lausenne? we will certainly keep in touch and meet up when i arrive! looking forward to meeting you!

Atieh Novin, Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Atieh,

Looks like you have already found two girls from the US - Martina and KiYonna - that you have to catch up with :)

You'll find easier a place to live once you get there (it'll still be hard though), but that's a great idea to start looking at somewhere to live.

I have been living in Geneva for 3 months now...I arrived in November. I am carrying out a one year internship in a financial company. Yes, we'll meet up once you get there, fo shiz.

I'll definitely drop you a line if I hear anything for short term, from end of March til end of May. Don't worry too much!

Ghis

Atieh,

Looks like you have already found two girls from the US - Martina and KiYonna - that you have to catch up with :)

You'll find easier a place to live once you get there (it'll still be hard though), but that's a great idea to start looking at somewhere to live.

I have been living in Geneva for 3 months now...I arrived in November. I am carrying out a one year internship in a financial company. Yes, we'll meet up once you get there, fo shiz.

I'll definitely drop you a line if I hear anything for short term, from end of March til end of May. Don't worry too much!

Ghis

Ghis G, Jan 27, 2010 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Just saw this thread and had to say, I'm from DC too!! Graduated from American University as well Martina! I've been living in Geneva for 6 months now and love it. Doing my masters here for the next 2 years. Atieh yeah housing can be hard to find and is certainly much easier once you get here. Will keep my ears open and i'm sure something will come up. Will let you know.

Kiyonna how do you like living in Lausanne? A few of my friends lice there so i've visited a few times. 

Keep in touch girls!!

Alero 

Just saw this thread and had to say, I'm from DC too!! Graduated from American University as well Martina! I've been living in Geneva for 6 months now and love it. Doing my masters here for the next 2 years. Atieh yeah housing can be hard to find and is certainly much easier once you get here. Will keep my ears open and i'm sure something will come up. Will let you know.

Kiyonna how do you like living in Lausanne? A few of my friends lice there so i've visited a few times. 

Keep in touch girls!!

Alero 

Alero, Jan 28, 2010 @ 01:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form