Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to Geneva from America in August

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva from America in August

Hello,

I'll actually be living in Andilly, France, 20 mins from the nearest city Geneva.  I'll be working as an Au Pair for parents who work in Geneva and am looking forward to meeting other expats from around the globe.

Jenna

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I'll actually be living in Andilly, France, 20 mins from the nearest city Geneva.  I'll be working as an Au Pair for parents who work in Geneva and am looking forward to meeting other expats from around the globe.

Jenna

Jenna KMay 27, 2010 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1452 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva from America in August
Post 1

Hi Jenna,

You will meet a lot of interesting & friendly people here, for sure! So just pack your bags and count days until you are here ;))

Lina.

Hi Jenna,

You will meet a lot of interesting & friendly people here, for sure! So just pack your bags and count days until you are here ;))

Lina.

Lina L, May 28, 2010 @ 20:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Jenna, if I may - moving from States to Geneva is a very bad idea - the most boring place in the whole world is Geneva. Do you have any other options - like going somewhere else? You are young, this place is for old people. Sorry for being honest, Sanja

Hi Jenna, if I may - moving from States to Geneva is a very bad idea - the most boring place in the whole world is Geneva. Do you have any other options - like going somewhere else? You are young, this place is for old people. Sorry for being honest, Sanja

Sanja S, May 28, 2010 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, Justdoit (is this "Nike" quote?!) I live in Geneva since 1999 and mostly in contact with Swiss people here who feel the same about this place. I have right to express my opinion and please don't call it insulting because this is insulting to me! About good food ?! about good bars?! about good clubs?! Never seen any of that. Enjoy Geneva and no need to try co convince me. Please don’t write back to me, cheers, Sanja

Hi, Justdoit (is this "Nike" quote?!) I live in Geneva since 1999 and mostly in contact with Swiss people here who feel the same about this place. I have right to express my opinion and please don't call it insulting because this is insulting to me! About good food ?! about good bars?! about good clubs?! Never seen any of that. Enjoy Geneva and no need to try co convince me. Please don’t write back to me, cheers, Sanja

Sanja S, May 29, 2010 @ 07:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for the positive feedback.  I've lived places where "it is what you make of it" so I'm sure my attitude will determine the type of experience I get from Geneva.  I'm just looking forward to being in such a central hub of Europe and meeting fun people.

Thanks for the positive feedback.  I've lived places where "it is what you make of it" so I'm sure my attitude will determine the type of experience I get from Geneva.  I'm just looking forward to being in such a central hub of Europe and meeting fun people.

Jenna K, May 29, 2010 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

hi jenna,

i'm from new york city, and although nyc never sleeps, the quality of life and the diversity of original cultures in the close vicinity of switzerland, makes ex pat living a wonderful experience. however, as evidenced above, it's not for everyone.

gloacals is a great way of enhancing your sejour in europe, and if you are like me, you may never want to return :-) to the usa.

hi jenna,

i'm from new york city, and although nyc never sleeps, the quality of life and the diversity of original cultures in the close vicinity of switzerland, makes ex pat living a wonderful experience. however, as evidenced above, it's not for everyone.

gloacals is a great way of enhancing your sejour in europe, and if you are like me, you may never want to return :-) to the usa.

epicure, May 29, 2010 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jenna, 

Welcome (soon) to Geneva. 

You're coming to a city that has a ton to offer. Surely some things here are behind other major cities (especially night life), but other things make up for it.

Come on down...

Nir 

Jenna, 

Welcome (soon) to Geneva. 

You're coming to a city that has a ton to offer. Surely some things here are behind other major cities (especially night life), but other things make up for it.

Come on down...

Nir 

Nir Ofek, May 29, 2010 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Jenna,

Good to see another aupair here. I'll be in a small town near Geneva in 4 weeks and eager to make some new friends.

Hi Jenna,

Good to see another aupair here. I'll be in a small town near Geneva in 4 weeks and eager to make some new friends.

nella s, Jun 18, 2010 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Jenna

I lived on the French side for the first few months and it can be tricky to get in and out of Geneva sometimes. However once you have made friends (you will make lots here) its better as they can help you out.

There are lots of Americans here too and all that I have met have been really nice. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Its more about the people you meet that makes Geneva exciting or boring. Just surround yourself with good people and have an adventure!

Hi Jenna

I lived on the French side for the first few months and it can be tricky to get in and out of Geneva sometimes. However once you have made friends (you will make lots here) its better as they can help you out.

There are lots of Americans here too and all that I have met have been really nice. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Its more about the people you meet that makes Geneva exciting or boring. Just surround yourself with good people and have an adventure!

john gallagher, Jun 18, 2010 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1452 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form