Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to Geneva in August

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva in August

Hi All!  I will be moving to Geneva this August and I am looking forward to some new adventures and living in Europe.

I will be visiting in March to look for employment and check out Geneva. I will graduate in May with my J.D. and take the Illinois Bar Exam in July.  I know it is difficult to find an attorney position in Geneva without a Swiss License, so I have been applying to different positions, but it is difficult to be hired from overseas.  

I am contemplating going into different companies and just handing them my unsolicited resume.  Would this be a faux-pas in Geneva?  If it is, does anyone have a referral for a good employment agency? 

Thanks for all the great information on this site, I am looking forward to my move!

The text you are quoting:

Hi All!  I will be moving to Geneva this August and I am looking forward to some new adventures and living in Europe.

I will be visiting in March to look for employment and check out Geneva. I will graduate in May with my J.D. and take the Illinois Bar Exam in July.  I know it is difficult to find an attorney position in Geneva without a Swiss License, so I have been applying to different positions, but it is difficult to be hired from overseas.  

I am contemplating going into different companies and just handing them my unsolicited resume.  Would this be a faux-pas in Geneva?  If it is, does anyone have a referral for a good employment agency? 

Thanks for all the great information on this site, I am looking forward to my move!

Kat MFeb 23, 2010 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 711 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Moving to Geneva in August
Post 1

Hey, welcome to Glocals and to Geneva (eventually).

As far as the job search goes, I'm not sure how effective that approach might be, but you never know. As with housing, jobs, and pretty much everything in Geneva, sometimes you just strike it lucky! Anyway, best of luck and if you need a hand, advice or just want to make friends feel free to ask.

Evan

The text you are quoting:

Hey, welcome to Glocals and to Geneva (eventually).

As far as the job search goes, I'm not sure how effective that approach might be, but you never know. As with housing, jobs, and pretty much everything in Geneva, sometimes you just strike it lucky! Anyway, best of luck and if you need a hand, advice or just want to make friends feel free to ask.

Evan

TheMoney, Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 711 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form