Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to Geneva in September

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva in September

Hello

My boyfriend has a new job in Geneva so we will be moving to the area in early September.

We are hoping to live in France and commute in everyday - I wondered if anyone might have any tips for finding somewhere to rent? Ideally, in the Haute Savoie area around about Vieux en Sallaz??

We are keen to meet like-minded people - we love the outdoors, cycling, skiing etc and I'm super keen to find a netball team if anyone knows of one?!

Louise x

The text you are quoting:

Hello

My boyfriend has a new job in Geneva so we will be moving to the area in early September.

We are hoping to live in France and commute in everyday - I wondered if anyone might have any tips for finding somewhere to rent? Ideally, in the Haute Savoie area around about Vieux en Sallaz??

We are keen to meet like-minded people - we love the outdoors, cycling, skiing etc and I'm super keen to find a netball team if anyone knows of one?!

Louise x

Louise InghamJun 29, 2015 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva in September
Post 1

Hello, and welcome to glocals and soon to the Geneva area.

For accommodation, please check “Housing offered” on our Classifieds where you can also place your own ad.

For activities, check “Groups” and  “Things to do”.

You’ll see that there’s plenty going on and lots of opportunities to make friends.

Best wishes, R.

Hello, and welcome to glocals and soon to the Geneva area.

For accommodation, please check “Housing offered” on our Classifieds where you can also place your own ad.

For activities, check “Groups” and  “Things to do”.

You’ll see that there’s plenty going on and lots of opportunities to make friends.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Jun 29, 2015 @ 12:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Louise,

Welcome to Geneva!  I am also from UK living in France  near Geneva (Saint Genis Pouilly) with my husband, we also love to ski in the winter and like to get out doors :) 

Just a tip, i would really check out the commute times from any of the French villages/towns you look at, on paper they can seem like a fairly quick drive but with the Geneva traffic it can take much much longer! Public transport options are always a good to have in case you find the drive too long!

If you google "immobilier" on the french google you should get a list of letting agents that you can search through.

Once you arrive id be happy to meet up if you like :)

Good luck

Katy

Hi Louise,

Welcome to Geneva!  I am also from UK living in France  near Geneva (Saint Genis Pouilly) with my husband, we also love to ski in the winter and like to get out doors :) 

Just a tip, i would really check out the commute times from any of the French villages/towns you look at, on paper they can seem like a fairly quick drive but with the Geneva traffic it can take much much longer! Public transport options are always a good to have in case you find the drive too long!

If you google "immobilier" on the french google you should get a list of letting agents that you can search through.

Once you arrive id be happy to meet up if you like :)

Good luck

Katy

Katy K, Jul 19, 2015 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Katy

Thanks for getting in touch!

We were out last week and have found a place to live in a little village called St-sixt which I think is the other side of Geneva to you guys.

We will be moving at the end of August, it would be lovely to meet for a drink once we're out there. Thank you!

i'll drop you a line in early September if that's OK.

Many thanks

Louise

Hi Katy

Thanks for getting in touch!

We were out last week and have found a place to live in a little village called St-sixt which I think is the other side of Geneva to you guys.

We will be moving at the end of August, it would be lovely to meet for a drink once we're out there. Thank you!

i'll drop you a line in early September if that's OK.

Many thanks

Louise

Louise Ingham, Jul 23, 2015 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Louise. There are a few very active netball teams in Geneva. Contact [email protected] for more info..

Hi Louise. There are a few very active netball teams in Geneva. Contact [email protected] for more info..

Amy Soska, Jul 24, 2015 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Louise, 

Great that you found somewhere! 

look forward to hearing from you, good luck with the move! :)

Katy 

Hi Louise, 

Great that you found somewhere! 

look forward to hearing from you, good luck with the move! :)

Katy 

Katy K, Jul 25, 2015 @ 08:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form