Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moving to Geneva next month

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva next month

I am moving to Geneva next month with my boyfriend (he just arrived there, lucky guy).  I will be looking for help with making a smooth transition from Chicago.  I know that there will be a little bit (or a lot bit) of culture shock; the metric system, learning French, 24 hour clock, ect.  I am an Interior Designer and I am hoping that I will be able to find something for employment or select a school to take a few classes at.  

I hope to meet you all soon! 

The text you are quoting:

I am moving to Geneva next month with my boyfriend (he just arrived there, lucky guy).  I will be looking for help with making a smooth transition from Chicago.  I know that there will be a little bit (or a lot bit) of culture shock; the metric system, learning French, 24 hour clock, ect.  I am an Interior Designer and I am hoping that I will be able to find something for employment or select a school to take a few classes at.  

I hope to meet you all soon! 

Briana ZApr 8, 2010 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 758 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva next month
Post 1

Hello Briana:

Welcome soon to Geneva. All the menu you are scrolling down will find answers in a timely manner since all people are friendly, especially Glocals members who will be there to reply to immediate queries.

Happy to count one more interior designer soon in Geneva from Central Eastern USA who will bring some pep into anglo-swiss home designing. At first I guess you are certainly going to be busy re-decorating your new residence and then learning french within a french/swiss speaking environment is a must for your business line. Congratulations.

Hello Briana:

Welcome soon to Geneva. All the menu you are scrolling down will find answers in a timely manner since all people are friendly, especially Glocals members who will be there to reply to immediate queries.

Happy to count one more interior designer soon in Geneva from Central Eastern USA who will bring some pep into anglo-swiss home designing. At first I guess you are certainly going to be busy re-decorating your new residence and then learning french within a french/swiss speaking environment is a must for your business line. Congratulations.

Milord, Apr 12, 2010 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving to Geneva next month
Post 2

Thank you Milord for the comment.  I have been attempting to find out more about the Design world there in Geneva...any thoughts? Any advice for finding a job there?

Thank you Milord for the comment.  I have been attempting to find out more about the Design world there in Geneva...any thoughts? Any advice for finding a job there?

Briana Z, Apr 12, 2010 @ 20:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 758 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form