Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Near-future genovese hailing...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Near-future genovese hailing...

....Nice topic, but really, that´s  just about all that´s nice about this.

Coming there soon, big-time force majeure (nothing vaguely criminal, mind you) and not really options on the matter.

No job, no friends, no networks, no money, no apartment. And yes, i have it worse from where i´m coming from.

I guess that those are just obstacles to be removed, better safe than sorry and all that...

...So what now? Am i supposed to tell something about me? I haven´t really gotten into this internet culture thing. Netiquette isn´t really my forte... but let´s give it a try.

I´m what some people call "extremely nice and kind man", but with a tendency to be as direct and truthful as possible in all situations. This has... let´s just say that social problems where i come from are... so over the top they have been more of a comedy rather than a tragedy.

I am interested and experienced in just about anything you care to mention. Some might call me highly intelligent. I speak only my native tongue and english perfectly,  swedish and german in a rudimantary level, though given two weeks of practice, old skills come back to conversational level, i am dabbling with thai and russian. Interestingly it seems i can READ most romance languages, even though i cannot understand them almost at all if spoken to.  Going to fix this, as i am going to need some french skills there, i am led to believe.

I have no formal education of any kind. Reason for this is simple, and i have already stated the most important factors for such underachievment. For those lacking in the cerebral department, short form as follows:

I read astronomy by the time i was six, and spoke two languages. That kinda kills any kind of motivation you might have... i mean, school is for learning, yes?

Add to that the significant social problems i have in my native country, multiply it by some twenty years, remove all and every forms of meaningful social contexts and interactions and spend most of that time fighting for your lebensraum while totally surrounded by people who rather you behind the 8-ball.

When i say they really, really hate me here, i mean it. And, as it is mutual, this is it. I´m off.

I know this looks bad. "Hey, i fucked up, can i come to fuck up into your country as well?"

Let´s just say that i never, ever encountered any foreigner (from my perspective) that i had any kind of trouble with.Mutual feeling of alienation and wonder seems to do the trick.

I am, in no particular order, an excellent cook, mediocre guitarist and bassist, beginning to understand quantum physics, avid linguist, and a buddhist (and by that i mean i m really streching the limits of buddhist syncretism :D ) ...of a kind, and practicing filosopher, if endless rants and tirades of bullshit do qualify as philosophy.

In short, i have the mind of a scientist, the heart of a rock star and the soul of a dreamer. Cold logic, naiveté and burning desire all in one.

I don´t look or like for anything in particular. I don´t need anything but abstracts to surround me. Inspiration, is all i need. I guess that means that if you get really motivated behind stuff, behind any stuff, and can motivate others by your sheer will and presence, then we have a common thing going.

If you don´t need by default anything banal and mediocre into your life, then yeah. We have something in common.

If you absorb information like a sponge and are always willing to hear, see, experience or do something new then you know what i mean.

I don´t give a crap about age, gender, sexual orientation, religion (and about that i really really don´t give a crap. Not an atheist, just not interested at all about your position on the matter on any level), color of your skin or anything else. If you were green gender-bendering buddhist bosniak from mars i wouldn´t give a damn as long as you still had that sweet wibe i keep talking about...

...in short, do you have the ability to create, by any means, anything, instead of just consuming what other people have created?

If so, then i think we have a lot in common.

Sorry for the rant, be hearing from... dunno? Somebody? :D

Cheers and all that,

Markku

The text you are quoting:

....Nice topic, but really, that´s  just about all that´s nice about this.

Coming there soon, big-time force majeure (nothing vaguely criminal, mind you) and not really options on the matter.

No job, no friends, no networks, no money, no apartment. And yes, i have it worse from where i´m coming from.

I guess that those are just obstacles to be removed, better safe than sorry and all that...

...So what now? Am i supposed to tell something about me? I haven´t really gotten into this internet culture thing. Netiquette isn´t really my forte... but let´s give it a try.

I´m what some people call "extremely nice and kind man", but with a tendency to be as direct and truthful as possible in all situations. This has... let´s just say that social problems where i come from are... so over the top they have been more of a comedy rather than a tragedy.

I am interested and experienced in just about anything you care to mention. Some might call me highly intelligent. I speak only my native tongue and english perfectly,  swedish and german in a rudimantary level, though given two weeks of practice, old skills come back to conversational level, i am dabbling with thai and russian. Interestingly it seems i can READ most romance languages, even though i cannot understand them almost at all if spoken to.  Going to fix this, as i am going to need some french skills there, i am led to believe.

I have no formal education of any kind. Reason for this is simple, and i have already stated the most important factors for such underachievment. For those lacking in the cerebral department, short form as follows:

I read astronomy by the time i was six, and spoke two languages. That kinda kills any kind of motivation you might have... i mean, school is for learning, yes?

Add to that the significant social problems i have in my native country, multiply it by some twenty years, remove all and every forms of meaningful social contexts and interactions and spend most of that time fighting for your lebensraum while totally surrounded by people who rather you behind the 8-ball.

When i say they really, really hate me here, i mean it. And, as it is mutual, this is it. I´m off.

I know this looks bad. "Hey, i fucked up, can i come to fuck up into your country as well?"

Let´s just say that i never, ever encountered any foreigner (from my perspective) that i had any kind of trouble with.Mutual feeling of alienation and wonder seems to do the trick.

I am, in no particular order, an excellent cook, mediocre guitarist and bassist, beginning to understand quantum physics, avid linguist, and a buddhist (and by that i mean i m really streching the limits of buddhist syncretism :D ) ...of a kind, and practicing filosopher, if endless rants and tirades of bullshit do qualify as philosophy.

In short, i have the mind of a scientist, the heart of a rock star and the soul of a dreamer. Cold logic, naiveté and burning desire all in one.

I don´t look or like for anything in particular. I don´t need anything but abstracts to surround me. Inspiration, is all i need. I guess that means that if you get really motivated behind stuff, behind any stuff, and can motivate others by your sheer will and presence, then we have a common thing going.

If you don´t need by default anything banal and mediocre into your life, then yeah. We have something in common.

If you absorb information like a sponge and are always willing to hear, see, experience or do something new then you know what i mean.

I don´t give a crap about age, gender, sexual orientation, religion (and about that i really really don´t give a crap. Not an atheist, just not interested at all about your position on the matter on any level), color of your skin or anything else. If you were green gender-bendering buddhist bosniak from mars i wouldn´t give a damn as long as you still had that sweet wibe i keep talking about...

...in short, do you have the ability to create, by any means, anything, instead of just consuming what other people have created?

If so, then i think we have a lot in common.

Sorry for the rant, be hearing from... dunno? Somebody? :D

Cheers and all that,

Markku

Markku NissinenAug 21, 2010 @ 01:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 497 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 497 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form