Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Nearly arrived Aussies

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Nearly arrived Aussies

Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm moving to Geneva in a few weeks with my husband Blaise and our two children. We are used to being expats in Africa so it will be quite a change to be in Geneva! But we are really looking forward to it. 

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers

Jess

The text you are quoting:

Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm moving to Geneva in a few weeks with my husband Blaise and our two children. We are used to being expats in Africa so it will be quite a change to be in Geneva! But we are really looking forward to it. 

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers

Jess

Jessica BJun 28, 2015 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 627 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Nearly arrived Aussies
Post 1

Welcome to Geneva and to glocals.  I’m sure you’ll soon feel at home here, especially if you check the “Things to do” and “Groups” tabs where you’ll also find that there are quite a few down-unders in and around Gva who will be only too happy to help you to settle in.

Best wishes, R.

Welcome to Geneva and to glocals.  I’m sure you’ll soon feel at home here, especially if you check the “Things to do” and “Groups” tabs where you’ll also find that there are quite a few down-unders in and around Gva who will be only too happy to help you to settle in.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Jun 28, 2015 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

¡ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

¡ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

Casuistik, Jun 28, 2015 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

welcome! which african country are you arriving from? there's a forum discussion here just itching for perspective from an australian so maybe you can help: http://www.glocals.com/forums/general/Definitely-Not-PC-223819.htm

@casuistik: what's the story with the upside down welcome? 

welcome! which african country are you arriving from? there's a forum discussion here just itching for perspective from an australian so maybe you can help: http://www.glocals.com/forums/general/Definitely-Not-PC-223819.htm

Mark Spencer, Jun 28, 2015 @ 23:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jun 28, 15 23:39

@Mark

Without wanting to jump the gun on Casuistik’s reply, in the days when political correctness had yet to be invented, it was often said that the population of down-under “Aussieland” – and sometimes NZ – was upside down because they saw the world upwards from the south. a dismissive attitude that came to be seen as part of the great North/South divide.

R.

@Mark

Without wanting to jump the gun on Casuistik’s reply, in the days when political correctness had yet to be invented, it was often said that the population of down-under “Aussieland” – and sometimes NZ – was upside down because they saw the world upwards from the south. a dismissive attitude that came to be seen as part of the great North/South divide.

R.

Ritchie, Jun 29, 2015 @ 05:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 627 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form