Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New(...ish) to Geneva, *insert witty remark here*

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New(...ish) to Geneva, *insert witty remark here*

Hey glocals!

I'm not totally new to Geneva, I've been here for about 6 months, and I'm not exactly new to glocals! But I've only just found the required motivation to undertake the hardship that was caused by uploading a photo and writing in this section! I've been brave!

So yes I've been here for 6 months or so now, I'm working in Carouge but living in Mies! Rather enjoying it at the moment, even though the majority of the days are grey and overcast and pretty much like being back in the UK!

I'm massively into music, and like everyone else claims, I do pretty much like it all, but I tend to lean towards the harder edge of most genres, I'm not massive on smooth r'n'b though if I'm out, it doesnt give you that "YES, I'M HAVING FUN" vibe...! I play guitar and also mix (mainly filthy filthy dubstep muahahahaha). I'm also gigantically (I'll soon run out of "big" synonyms) into fitness training, mainly weight training and running as I train every day :)

I'm just on the hunt for awesome people to show me that Geneva isn't actually as boring as the reputation it has suggests (although I know it may be the case...). The music scene here has disappointed me slightly...but then coming from Bristol (university, don't worry I don't hail from the land of the bad accent and dislike for people on my land).

Blah I'm running out of steam and also should probably be working...

Fun people, I NEED YOU! (thats in the "Uncle Sam" way...not a "Bonnie Tyler" way).

Bevan

The text you are quoting:

Hey glocals!

I'm not totally new to Geneva, I've been here for about 6 months, and I'm not exactly new to glocals! But I've only just found the required motivation to undertake the hardship that was caused by uploading a photo and writing in this section! I've been brave!

So yes I've been here for 6 months or so now, I'm working in Carouge but living in Mies! Rather enjoying it at the moment, even though the majority of the days are grey and overcast and pretty much like being back in the UK!

I'm massively into music, and like everyone else claims, I do pretty much like it all, but I tend to lean towards the harder edge of most genres, I'm not massive on smooth r'n'b though if I'm out, it doesnt give you that "YES, I'M HAVING FUN" vibe...! I play guitar and also mix (mainly filthy filthy dubstep muahahahaha). I'm also gigantically (I'll soon run out of "big" synonyms) into fitness training, mainly weight training and running as I train every day :)

I'm just on the hunt for awesome people to show me that Geneva isn't actually as boring as the reputation it has suggests (although I know it may be the case...). The music scene here has disappointed me slightly...but then coming from Bristol (university, don't worry I don't hail from the land of the bad accent and dislike for people on my land).

Blah I'm running out of steam and also should probably be working...

Fun people, I NEED YOU! (thats in the "Uncle Sam" way...not a "Bonnie Tyler" way).

Bevan

Chris BMar 12, 2010 @ 09:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

35 Replies | 1542 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New(...ish) to Geneva, *insert witty remark here*
Post 1

Funny lol

You should come to Scotdave1's new members drinks tonight, Im a regular *saaad*, and I meet new people everytime. And they are all pretty interesting and fun.

Also look out for the offical new members drinks on a wednesday (I think it's once or twice a month), hosted by a lovely girl called Sarah. You get a name tag which is great as you dont have to remember peoples names until the next day :D

Perhaps I'll see you around at  some event.

Ciao x

Funny lol

You should come to Scotdave1's new members drinks tonight, Im a regular *saaad*, and I meet new people everytime. And they are all pretty interesting and fun.

Also look out for the offical new members drinks on a wednesday (I think it's once or twice a month), hosted by a lovely girl called Sarah. You get a name tag which is great as you dont have to remember peoples names until the next day :D

Perhaps I'll see you around at  some event.

Ciao x

Charlotte Devaney, Mar 12, 2010 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Was that a sarcastic "funny lol" or a genuine "funny lol"... I never can be sure...text sarcasm is hard to decypher!

I will definitely head to one of the new members night soonish, whether tonight or next Weds (St Paddys...)! I was out with the Glocals curry club last night, but somehow managed to cap my drinking at 2 bottles...I  was sensible you see ^-^.

Hold on, to be a regular at  the "New Members Drinks" night, surely one of the prerequisits is to be a new member :P, do you turn up in a different discuise each week..., with a new backstory...hmm! I will take this to be what you do, it will make my Friday go quicker, and bravo for being creative enough to not be caught yet! (Apologies if it seems like I'm being mean haha...I don't intend to be!!!)

Name tag's are a great idea...I was being called Rich for the majority of last night...no idea why, and I didn't have the heart/didn't notice, as it's not my name, to tell people!

Cheers for the heads up though!

Catch you soon!

x

Was that a sarcastic "funny lol" or a genuine "funny lol"... I never can be sure...text sarcasm is hard to decypher!

I will definitely head to one of the new members night soonish, whether tonight or next Weds (St Paddys...)! I was out with the Glocals curry club last night, but somehow managed to cap my drinking at 2 bottles...I  was sensible you see ^-^.

Hold on, to be a regular at  the "New Members Drinks" night, surely one of the prerequisits is to be a new member :P, do you turn up in a different discuise each week..., with a new backstory...hmm! I will take this to be what you do, it will make my Friday go quicker, and bravo for being creative enough to not be caught yet! (Apologies if it seems like I'm being mean haha...I don't intend to be!!!)

Name tag's are a great idea...I was being called Rich for the majority of last night...no idea why, and I didn't have the heart/didn't notice, as it's not my name, to tell people!

Cheers for the heads up though!

Catch you soon!

x

Chris B, Mar 12, 2010 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It was genuine, Rich.

Friday nights drinks event isn't just for new members, it needs non-new members so we can tell people whats good and whats bad and whats interesting and whats really boring etc. Although I'm hardly a veteran as I've only been here 6 weeks myself. I am however a social butterfly and a self confessed party animal so I get out, alot :)

Abientot x

It was genuine, Rich.

Friday nights drinks event isn't just for new members, it needs non-new members so we can tell people whats good and whats bad and whats interesting and whats really boring etc. Although I'm hardly a veteran as I've only been here 6 weeks myself. I am however a social butterfly and a self confessed party animal so I get out, alot :)

Abientot x

Charlotte Devaney, Mar 12, 2010 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Cheers... ... ... Sophie.

That's a good point, without the wisdom and knowledge of the vet's it would just be a bar full of nervous new people...not so productive.

I've only found a few places I'd deem "good" so far, but I guess it depends what you're looking for! I really like L'usine, and Kab, I like the grimey aspect, it makes me feel like I'm back in the UK!! Every other bar I've been in is a carbon copy of the last, reggaeton playing on the speakers and everyone sat in groups...

A social butterfly, in what sense? You sleep in a cocoon for a large period of time, go crazy for a bit then retire after 8 or 9 months? Or a more metaphorical sense?

Hooray for party animals!!

So the regular nights out are Friday and Weds?

What is really interesting then in Geneva??

x

Cheers... ... ... Sophie.

That's a good point, without the wisdom and knowledge of the vet's it would just be a bar full of nervous new people...not so productive.

I've only found a few places I'd deem "good" so far, but I guess it depends what you're looking for! I really like L'usine, and Kab, I like the grimey aspect, it makes me feel like I'm back in the UK!! Every other bar I've been in is a carbon copy of the last, reggaeton playing on the speakers and everyone sat in groups...

A social butterfly, in what sense? You sleep in a cocoon for a large period of time, go crazy for a bit then retire after 8 or 9 months? Or a more metaphorical sense?

Hooray for party animals!!

So the regular nights out are Friday and Weds?

What is really interesting then in Geneva??

x

Chris B, Mar 12, 2010 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

"What is really interesting then in Geneva??"

People and its stories! Definitely!

"What is really interesting then in Geneva??"

People and its stories! Definitely!

pepso, Mar 12, 2010 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Well I like that there has already been some banter...banter makes me :)

Well I like that there has already been some banter...banter makes me :)

Chris B, Mar 12, 2010 @ 16:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Awright Rich?!!!

Awright Rich?!!!

JillyB, Mar 12, 2010 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Aaaaaand there's the culprit!!

Make it into work today Jill?

Aaaaaand there's the culprit!!

Make it into work today Jill?

Chris B, Mar 12, 2010 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

hahaha! Of course I made it into work and a very productive day I have had too - in fact I should go out every night - oh hold on I do!

hahaha! Of course I made it into work and a very productive day I have had too - in fact I should go out every night - oh hold on I do!

JillyB, Mar 12, 2010 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jill, now we know who Rich is now .. LOL

And Chris, Bristol is a northern town for me , we are the real ooh arrs in Devon.

Jill, now we know who Rich is now .. LOL

And Chris, Bristol is a northern town for me , we are the real ooh arrs in Devon.

britabroad, Mar 12, 2010 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Britabroad, I lived in Barnstaple for the 8 years prior to moving here...does North Devon count???? haha

Britabroad, I lived in Barnstaple for the 8 years prior to moving here...does North Devon count???? haha

Chris B, Mar 12, 2010 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Barnstable .. pah .. another northerner .. LOL

Barnstable .. pah .. another northerner .. LOL

britabroad, Mar 12, 2010 @ 19:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Filthy dubstep you say? Sounds like my cup of ...bass.

Dubstep Upfront Sound march 19th at the zoo L'usine (if you haven't heard already). I probably wont be able to make it because of damn swiss army obligations.

Filthy dubstep you say? Sounds like my cup of ...bass.

Dubstep Upfront Sound march 19th at the zoo L'usine (if you haven't heard already). I probably wont be able to make it because of damn swiss army obligations.

JamieK, Mar 12, 2010 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I went to the last one of those Jamie, it was ok, but I got a bit bored of the minimal stuff they were playing, I guess I'll just have to go back to the UK for my fix every now and then!!

I like Zoo though, and Kab! They're awesome, cool people too!

I went to the last one of those Jamie, it was ok, but I got a bit bored of the minimal stuff they were playing, I guess I'll just have to go back to the UK for my fix every now and then!!

I like Zoo though, and Kab! They're awesome, cool people too!

Chris B, Mar 14, 2010 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Alright Chap... I'm moving to Geneva (from london) next month to start a new job! Despite being a finance guy, I do run nights out in London and have djed for about 7 years, and in terms of genre a  jack of all trades!! [and master of many ;p] Will def be up for some nights out in Geneva, but imagine as you will be coming back to London to get my fix too!!

Alright Chap... I'm moving to Geneva (from london) next month to start a new job! Despite being a finance guy, I do run nights out in London and have djed for about 7 years, and in terms of genre a  jack of all trades!! [and master of many ;p] Will def be up for some nights out in Geneva, but imagine as you will be coming back to London to get my fix too!!

Tom Q, Mar 16, 2010 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Awesome Tom, when you say "run" nights out, do you mean "run" as in the D&B nights, or you actually "run" the nights out? In Bristol there were regular "Run" events and I think they're spreading throughout the UK, hence the wierd question haha!

You bringing your equipment with you?

I feel terrible, I STILL havent made it to one of the NMD nights, each week since joining I've planned to go to both, and each week something comes up!! In your opinions o' holy veterans of GVA, which is usually better, the Weds or Friday? I will then force my week to be free!

Awesome Tom, when you say "run" nights out, do you mean "run" as in the D&B nights, or you actually "run" the nights out? In Bristol there were regular "Run" events and I think they're spreading throughout the UK, hence the wierd question haha!

You bringing your equipment with you?

I feel terrible, I STILL havent made it to one of the NMD nights, each week since joining I've planned to go to both, and each week something comes up!! In your opinions o' holy veterans of GVA, which is usually better, the Weds or Friday? I will then force my week to be free!

Chris B, Mar 23, 2010 @ 08:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

No hahaha.. Not a dnb guy. I meant nights out in VIP West end clubs. Sold my DJ equipment as part of my move, but who knows, may get back into it when I get out there!

No hahaha.. Not a dnb guy. I meant nights out in VIP West end clubs. Sold my DJ equipment as part of my move, but who knows, may get back into it when I get out there!

Tom Q, Mar 23, 2010 @ 10:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Chris/ Rich/ whomever :)

Moloko next to L'Usine is normally pretty cool for a beer, there are concerts as well. Calamar is not a bad place either - obviously depends on ur type of music and more for a few drinks than the dancefloor type, but defo worth a try! Good old SIP is just next door, so yes it's a mainstream club but depending on the crowd ur going with and the DJ/ live jam playing u can have a brilliant time there sometimes...

On the other end there's Palais Mascotte: again, depends on day, their artists, crowd etc - but also not unusual to fall out there at 5am in the morning...

And as summer is coming there'll be the wakeboard center for a lakeside treat!!!

Anyway, so far never made it to new joiner drinks either but I'm certainly planning on doing so shortly - maybe I'll see some of you people there

Chris/ Rich/ whomever :)

Moloko next to L'Usine is normally pretty cool for a beer, there are concerts as well. Calamar is not a bad place either - obviously depends on ur type of music and more for a few drinks than the dancefloor type, but defo worth a try! Good old SIP is just next door, so yes it's a mainstream club but depending on the crowd ur going with and the DJ/ live jam playing u can have a brilliant time there sometimes...

On the other end there's Palais Mascotte: again, depends on day, their artists, crowd etc - but also not unusual to fall out there at 5am in the morning...

And as summer is coming there'll be the wakeboard center for a lakeside treat!!!

Anyway, so far never made it to new joiner drinks either but I'm certainly planning on doing so shortly - maybe I'll see some of you people there

Katharina M, Mar 23, 2010 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

I am massively up for trying wakeboarding, Katharina, to get a summer board fix when there's no snow!!! are there any groups on glocals for it?

Come to the drinks tonight everyone! 

Laughingxx

I am massively up for trying wakeboarding, Katharina, to get a summer board fix when there's no snow!!! are there any groups on glocals for it?

Come to the drinks tonight everyone! 

Laughingxx

Rebecca H, Mar 24, 2010 @ 08:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

I think I've unknowingly been to Moloko, which I thought was pretty cool, I'm just checking the Calamar website, it looks like it could be interesting! Although all the events listed are done and dusted! What sort of stuff do they normally have on Katharina?

I think I've unknowingly been to Moloko, which I thought was pretty cool, I'm just checking the Calamar website, it looks like it could be interesting! Although all the events listed are done and dusted! What sort of stuff do they normally have on Katharina?

Chris B, Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

@Rebecca: no idea re. glocals group for wakeboard center - although living in Geneva for years now fairly new to glocals :) but if there's none we can make it happen, right???

@Chris: Calamar has all kind of stuff - events, different DJs, music videos playing in the back, etc... Place is hard to describe, best go checking it out! Some people from here were thinking of going next Thur, join in!

@Rebecca: no idea re. glocals group for wakeboard center - although living in Geneva for years now fairly new to glocals :) but if there's none we can make it happen, right???

@Chris: Calamar has all kind of stuff - events, different DJs, music videos playing in the back, etc... Place is hard to describe, best go checking it out! Some people from here were thinking of going next Thur, join in!

Katharina M, Mar 24, 2010 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Katharina, I'll definitely try and check it out! I seem to just have no free time here...well I do, but it's already taken up by the gym or music...AHH!

I do need to find a regular night out or something cool to go to, rather than trapsing back to the UK for it...it's a bit time consuming :P

Tom have you moved yet?

Katharina, I'll definitely try and check it out! I seem to just have no free time here...well I do, but it's already taken up by the gym or music...AHH!

I do need to find a regular night out or something cool to go to, rather than trapsing back to the UK for it...it's a bit time consuming :P

Tom have you moved yet?

Chris B, Apr 8, 2010 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Two weeks today :)

In the meantime I'm painting the town all the bloody colours of the rainbow before I move.

Two weeks today :)

In the meantime I'm painting the town all the bloody colours of the rainbow before I move.

Tom Q, Apr 9, 2010 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Haha paint away mate...although summer is arriving...which is when Geneva its self actually becomes a bit more "fun"!

Do you know where you'll be living yet?

Anyone heading to the New members Drinks this week? Either Weds or Fri, I'm definitely up for attempting one...if not both!!

Haha paint away mate...although summer is arriving...which is when Geneva its self actually becomes a bit more "fun"!

Do you know where you'll be living yet?

Anyone heading to the New members Drinks this week? Either Weds or Fri, I'm definitely up for attempting one...if not both!!

Chris B, Apr 12, 2010 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Haha, yeah heard something similar!!

Will be staying in Rue Ferdinand Hodler for first few months, until I find some roommates and a place to live. Literally counting down the days..!!

Haha, yeah heard something similar!!

Will be staying in Rue Ferdinand Hodler for first few months, until I find some roommates and a place to live. Literally counting down the days..!!

Tom Q, Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

a bit off topic but except the (once per 3 months) events in l'usine can you hear somewhere else some dubstep?

a bit off topic but except the (once per 3 months) events in l'usine can you hear somewhere else some dubstep?

Vasilis M, Apr 20, 2010 @ 18:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi all, I realise this conversation happened a while back, but...

Chris, have you found anywhere decent? I've been living here since October, and kinda feeling a big hole in my life from that whole scene now. Edinburgh was my haven for that, but alas, no more... Anyway now the ski season is over, am planning on staying in GVA during the weekends a wee bit more! So let me know if you found a spot :-)

Tom, have you found a flat? When are you needing to move out of your original place? I'm needing to move and I can't find a THING. Literally, Geneva is the worst place to find somewhere to live. I have the most wonderful set-up now (Eaux-Vives, gorgeous flat), but my flatmate's Italian Mama is coming to stay with him for the summer so out I must move! Sucks to be me. Anyway, if you can't find anywhere or if you have any tips let me know aye - 2 Brits could always be better than one Brit in finding a flat. God knows we're all a bit dumb when it comes to this kinda thing.

Ok let me know aye!

Hi all, I realise this conversation happened a while back, but...

Chris, have you found anywhere decent? I've been living here since October, and kinda feeling a big hole in my life from that whole scene now. Edinburgh was my haven for that, but alas, no more... Anyway now the ski season is over, am planning on staying in GVA during the weekends a wee bit more! So let me know if you found a spot :-)

Tom, have you found a flat? When are you needing to move out of your original place? I'm needing to move and I can't find a THING. Literally, Geneva is the worst place to find somewhere to live. I have the most wonderful set-up now (Eaux-Vives, gorgeous flat), but my flatmate's Italian Mama is coming to stay with him for the summer so out I must move! Sucks to be me. Anyway, if you can't find anywhere or if you have any tips let me know aye - 2 Brits could always be better than one Brit in finding a flat. God knows we're all a bit dumb when it comes to this kinda thing.

Ok let me know aye!

Catriona H, Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Vasilis and Catriona, I've pretty much realised (not so much realised as accepted...) that the scene here is totally different, the hugely different culture obviously breed's differing scenes! Reggaeton is huge here...

Having moved from Bristol, which has one of the UK's best underground scenes, it's been pretty hard to adjust and not have that constantly available night out, with every night of the week having something for everyone! Maybe in Zurich it's different!

I've been to a few of the events at l'usine, on my tod, but still had a pretty good time! It did however feel like I was about 14, and the sort of events are really "jump up" and (I hate to use the word) mainstream...I've just been going back to the UK for specific events, as for here...my cdj's are my only way to hear the stuff I want to hear!!!

What sorta events you guys looking for?

Tom, your move still going ahead? You've picked a really unlucky time to relocate haha!! Relocating is never easy...when you stick Europewide lockdown in the equation, it's even worse! On the plus side, it's rather nice weather...

Vasilis and Catriona, I've pretty much realised (not so much realised as accepted...) that the scene here is totally different, the hugely different culture obviously breed's differing scenes! Reggaeton is huge here...

Having moved from Bristol, which has one of the UK's best underground scenes, it's been pretty hard to adjust and not have that constantly available night out, with every night of the week having something for everyone! Maybe in Zurich it's different!

I've been to a few of the events at l'usine, on my tod, but still had a pretty good time! It did however feel like I was about 14, and the sort of events are really "jump up" and (I hate to use the word) mainstream...I've just been going back to the UK for specific events, as for here...my cdj's are my only way to hear the stuff I want to hear!!!

What sorta events you guys looking for?

Tom, your move still going ahead? You've picked a really unlucky time to relocate haha!! Relocating is never easy...when you stick Europewide lockdown in the equation, it's even worse! On the plus side, it's rather nice weather...

Chris B, Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

@ Catriona..... I have my flat for up to 3 months but will be looking for flatmates to find somewhere to live from literally when I arrive. So if you're interested we could meet up this weekend when I leave depart from sunny London.

@ Chris.......Coming to Geneva finally this weekend and like I said, I have been painting to London town all over... Would say I've partied myself out but then i'd be telling porkies. Really looking forward to meeting new people and settling into the new job. Fingers crossed everything goes well even the dreaded flat hunt.

Will be kicking around this weekend for the first time if anyone is about!!

@ Catriona..... I have my flat for up to 3 months but will be looking for flatmates to find somewhere to live from literally when I arrive. So if you're interested we could meet up this weekend when I leave depart from sunny London.

@ Chris.......Coming to Geneva finally this weekend and like I said, I have been painting to London town all over... Would say I've partied myself out but then i'd be telling porkies. Really looking forward to meeting new people and settling into the new job. Fingers crossed everything goes well even the dreaded flat hunt.

Will be kicking around this weekend for the first time if anyone is about!!

Tom Q, Apr 21, 2010 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

You know what, I've not even tried L'Usine - my friend goes quite a bit but this is like the first weekend I'm around properly (skiing ususally), though I'm off to Burundi on Sunday early morning... So heading out on Fri with some friends, will let you know where we go if you feel like joining (both of you?).

Tom, you're staying at Rue Ferdinand Hodler yeah? Not so far from where I'm at. If you want we can meet on Saturday in Rive or somewhere (close to both if you're unfamialiar witht he area). Have had 3 people attempt to scam me so far with their ridiculously nice-looking flats, but of course they're not in the country to show me around, not until I pay the deposit that is. Hmm. God knows if anyone ever falls for these.

Anways it's bad form to put my mobile number up here but I'll private msg you both if you're up for doing something Fri/Sat. I'm fed up of having a crappy social life here and also pretty much fed up of flat-hunting.

So let me know!!

Cat

You know what, I've not even tried L'Usine - my friend goes quite a bit but this is like the first weekend I'm around properly (skiing ususally), though I'm off to Burundi on Sunday early morning... So heading out on Fri with some friends, will let you know where we go if you feel like joining (both of you?).

Tom, you're staying at Rue Ferdinand Hodler yeah? Not so far from where I'm at. If you want we can meet on Saturday in Rive or somewhere (close to both if you're unfamialiar witht he area). Have had 3 people attempt to scam me so far with their ridiculously nice-looking flats, but of course they're not in the country to show me around, not until I pay the deposit that is. Hmm. God knows if anyone ever falls for these.

Anways it's bad form to put my mobile number up here but I'll private msg you both if you're up for doing something Fri/Sat. I'm fed up of having a crappy social life here and also pretty much fed up of flat-hunting.

So let me know!!

Cat

Catriona H, Apr 21, 2010 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Friday may 7th, first day of the Mapping Festival will start off with a Dubstep to Drum'N'Bass night. Hijak aand Skream are going to be there. The former I'm not to familiar with but the latter is one of my all-time favorite djs. 

SKREAM!    

Friday may 7th, first day of the Mapping Festival will start off with a Dubstep to Drum'N'Bass night. Hijak aand Skream are going to be there. The former I'm not to familiar with but the latter is one of my all-time favorite djs. 

SKREAM!    

JamieK, Apr 21, 2010 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Hmm 7th sounds like it could be ok, seen Skream a few times in the UK, I wouldn't say he's one of my favourites, but I do like a few of his tunes! Only trouble is I'm running in the marathon that weekend...so do I want to risk it...hmm haha!! Might be up for that actually! I notice the day after my friends brother from the UK is playing, he's not on til 4am...so I doubt I'll catch the set and then go and run...

Do you mix Jamie?

Hmm 7th sounds like it could be ok, seen Skream a few times in the UK, I wouldn't say he's one of my favourites, but I do like a few of his tunes! Only trouble is I'm running in the marathon that weekend...so do I want to risk it...hmm haha!! Might be up for that actually! I notice the day after my friends brother from the UK is playing, he's not on til 4am...so I doubt I'll catch the set and then go and run...

Do you mix Jamie?

Chris B, Apr 27, 2010 @ 08:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

[email protected] hell!  saturday 8th i am flight to morroco from milan and i have to leave from friday night :( second time that i am loosing SKREAM for "flight" reason.

i think someone should make a threat about dubstep events and post if there is something around. also some private parties if any of you can mix it could be perfect. i have a hercules console here to play but i cant say that i am able to mix :)

[email protected] hell!  saturday 8th i am flight to morroco from milan and i have to leave from friday night :( second time that i am loosing SKREAM for "flight" reason.

i think someone should make a threat about dubstep events and post if there is something around. also some private parties if any of you can mix it could be perfect. i have a hercules console here to play but i cant say that i am able to mix :)

Vasilis M, Apr 27, 2010 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Unlucky on the flight times haha!!

I'm sure theres enough people that are into the whole dubstep/dnb scene that we could get something organised!

I had a go on a Hercules type console a while back, twas wierd haha, but fun none-the-less, similar to using cdj's but smaller...!

I mix, Tom mixes (not sure what, he's mysteriously a Jack of all trades!!).

Unlucky on the flight times haha!!

I'm sure theres enough people that are into the whole dubstep/dnb scene that we could get something organised!

I had a go on a Hercules type console a while back, twas wierd haha, but fun none-the-less, similar to using cdj's but smaller...!

I mix, Tom mixes (not sure what, he's mysteriously a Jack of all trades!!).

Chris B, Apr 27, 2010 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

nice, we can arrange something like a mix live bbq event or something like that. i am in also to bring the console if needed. Also i checked the agenda and the week that i will be vacations 7-15 may usine ll have some bass events!

http://www.lezoo.ch/agenda.html

F**k!! :(

nice, we can arrange something like a mix live bbq event or something like that. i am in also to bring the console if needed. Also i checked the agenda and the week that i will be vacations 7-15 may usine ll have some bass events!

http://www.lezoo.ch/agenda.html

F**k!! :(

Vasilis M, Apr 29, 2010 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
35 Replies | 1542 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form