Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New (near) Zurich

Hi all,

I may not be new to Glocals (previously in Geneva), but I am new to the Zurich area, so here it goes.

Having lived in London for the past 2 years, I feel like a real breath of fresh air to be back in Switzerland. I still have my job in the UK, which makes things a little complicated. But as long as the volcano keeps itself in gear all seems to work out fine.

I see myself foremost as an artist. More specifically a printmaker. I specialize in the old printing techniques like etching and in the more recent screenprinting (on paper). I'd love to find out more about the Zurich printmaking scene... so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you know something about this.

The question remains... can one make a living from this dated way of printing? Unfortunately not... or not yet (for the optimists). So my dayjob is more in management. Still art related though, as I run a manufactury that specializes in high quality oil paint for professional artists. Anybody ever heard of Michael Harding Artist Oil Colours ? www.michaelharding.co.uk  I adore this job, and the products. We sell worldwide and are constantly growing. There is still a huge market for us out there. Being a small company this is a real challenge.

What else can say about me? I love sports. Running, cycling, horseriding, hiking ... My husband and I just bought a roadbike-tandem. That will be so much fun. We rented one last year and really got the taste of it. What better place than Switzerland to find a challenging bikeroute right?

So there you go... that is a little bit of me in a nutshell. I'm looking to build up my social network again. To meet friends in the greater Zurich area and to get out there and explore. We live about 20min drive out of the city (South of Lake Zurich).

All the best and perhaps untill one of the meetings.

Carolien

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I may not be new to Glocals (previously in Geneva), but I am new to the Zurich area, so here it goes.

Having lived in London for the past 2 years, I feel like a real breath of fresh air to be back in Switzerland. I still have my job in the UK, which makes things a little complicated. But as long as the volcano keeps itself in gear all seems to work out fine.

I see myself foremost as an artist. More specifically a printmaker. I specialize in the old printing techniques like etching and in the more recent screenprinting (on paper). I'd love to find out more about the Zurich printmaking scene... so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you know something about this.

The question remains... can one make a living from this dated way of printing? Unfortunately not... or not yet (for the optimists). So my dayjob is more in management. Still art related though, as I run a manufactury that specializes in high quality oil paint for professional artists. Anybody ever heard of Michael Harding Artist Oil Colours ? www.michaelharding.co.uk  I adore this job, and the products. We sell worldwide and are constantly growing. There is still a huge market for us out there. Being a small company this is a real challenge.

What else can say about me? I love sports. Running, cycling, horseriding, hiking ... My husband and I just bought a roadbike-tandem. That will be so much fun. We rented one last year and really got the taste of it. What better place than Switzerland to find a challenging bikeroute right?

So there you go... that is a little bit of me in a nutshell. I'm looking to build up my social network again. To meet friends in the greater Zurich area and to get out there and explore. We live about 20min drive out of the city (South of Lake Zurich).

All the best and perhaps untill one of the meetings.

Carolien

CCaroMay 10, 2010 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 836 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: New (near) Zurich
Post 1

I hope you make it across safely and enjoy your time (back!) here 

The text you are quoting: