Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Arrival

Hi there,

I have just moved to the area, and am living just over the border in Ferney-Voltaire. I moved over to try and get soem work but also improve my level of French!!

Loving the fact that the mountains are within walking distance which is alot better than London.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good french course or school to brush up on my French

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I have just moved to the area, and am living just over the border in Ferney-Voltaire. I moved over to try and get soem work but also improve my level of French!!

Loving the fact that the mountains are within walking distance which is alot better than London.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good french course or school to brush up on my French

Stephen MFeb 9, 2011 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 634 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Arrival
Post 1

Hi,

There are two places that I've heard good things about, I've not been myself because I already speak French.

One is Migros which is in the centre of Geneva and the other is Ifage which offers a lot of evening classes/courses which aren't too bad in price. Ifage is located by the Augustins tram stop.

Welcome to Geneva by the way, not quite as crowded as London!

Hi,

There are two places that I've heard good things about, I've not been myself because I already speak French.

One is Migros which is in the centre of Geneva and the other is Ifage which offers a lot of evening classes/courses which aren't too bad in price. Ifage is located by the Augustins tram stop.

Welcome to Geneva by the way, not quite as crowded as London!

Cat c, Feb 9, 2011 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome! I just arrived myself (and also desperately need to polish up my French). If you look under "Things to do," there are folks meeting up for a language exchange. They might also know of language schools you can tap.

Welcome! I just arrived myself (and also desperately need to polish up my French). If you look under "Things to do," there are folks meeting up for a language exchange. They might also know of language schools you can tap.

Amy G, Feb 9, 2011 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi there,

I'm won't be able to help you concerning the french courses cause i'm not yet around Geneve but I'm french and I m looking for an accomodation (less than 500 euros) in france but close to the border in order to be begin my internship at the UN from the 1st of April!If you have some tips to help me, I would be glad to give you some classes of french in exchange!

thanks

Hi there,

I'm won't be able to help you concerning the french courses cause i'm not yet around Geneve but I'm french and I m looking for an accomodation (less than 500 euros) in france but close to the border in order to be begin my internship at the UN from the 1st of April!If you have some tips to help me, I would be glad to give you some classes of french in exchange!

thanks

Julie B, Feb 20, 2011 @ 00:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Stephen,

I do not know about French courses ... but I drop this line about Ferney...

as a new Ferney neighbour I thought you may like to join the GLOCALS FERNEY GROUP. Check the 'green tab' [Groups - New!]

"This is a group for people in and around Ferney ... It is also nice to meet people that live nearby so that you can easily call each other up for a quick coffee on a Saturday afternoon etc. "

Welcome to Geneva & Ferney!

Hi Stephen,

I do not know about French courses ... but I drop this line about Ferney...

as a new Ferney neighbour I thought you may like to join the GLOCALS FERNEY GROUP. Check the 'green tab' [Groups - New!]

"This is a group for people in and around Ferney ... It is also nice to meet people that live nearby so that you can easily call each other up for a quick coffee on a Saturday afternoon etc. "

Welcome to Geneva & Ferney!

nomades, Feb 20, 2011 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 634 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form