Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New Canadian on the Block starting January 2011!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Canadian on the Block starting January 2011!!!

Hello everyone!!

I am moving to Lausanne on January 6th, 2011 from the beautiful city and home of the 2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver, Canada.

I will be completing a Masters program in Sports Administration at EPFL and I am super excited.

A little about me - I have an undergrad degree in English and History but my passion is sports. I have played competitive soccer and basketball since I was 12 so 14 years. I guess that makes me 26!! I have coached high school basketball for the past three years and I just love coaching. I love to be involved in any way possible, volunteering, event planning etc. I also love neon!

I love to be active and am usually up for anything!!

I'm still looking for a place to live in Lausanne so if anyone knows of anything please let me know!!! I'm also looking to play basketball and soccer so point me in the right direction!

Thanks for reading!!

Steph

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!!

I am moving to Lausanne on January 6th, 2011 from the beautiful city and home of the 2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver, Canada.

I will be completing a Masters program in Sports Administration at EPFL and I am super excited.

A little about me - I have an undergrad degree in English and History but my passion is sports. I have played competitive soccer and basketball since I was 12 so 14 years. I guess that makes me 26!! I have coached high school basketball for the past three years and I just love coaching. I love to be involved in any way possible, volunteering, event planning etc. I also love neon!

I love to be active and am usually up for anything!!

I'm still looking for a place to live in Lausanne so if anyone knows of anything please let me know!!! I'm also looking to play basketball and soccer so point me in the right direction!

Thanks for reading!!

Steph

Stephanie RNov 29, 2010 @ 06:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 595 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Canadian on the Block starting January 2011!!!
Post 1

Hi Stephanie,

Pre-welcome to Lausanne! I also moved to Lausanne from Montreal, the beautiful city of 1974 Olympics games :-) where I did my PhD. I am currently doing my Postdoc at EPFL.

There are a lot of volunteery work here that you can get involved, if not less than what you can find in Canada! Regarding the accomodation, well, it maybe a bit tough to find something immediately, but you can never say. Just requires intensive searching. I guess that people from the lab where you will be doing your studies can help you a lot. Lab secretaries here receive a lot of AD's which can be helpful.

Cheers,

Amin

Hi Stephanie,

Pre-welcome to Lausanne! I also moved to Lausanne from Montreal, the beautiful city of 1974 Olympics games :-) where I did my PhD. I am currently doing my Postdoc at EPFL.

There are a lot of volunteery work here that you can get involved, if not less than what you can find in Canada! Regarding the accomodation, well, it maybe a bit tough to find something immediately, but you can never say. Just requires intensive searching. I guess that people from the lab where you will be doing your studies can help you a lot. Lab secretaries here receive a lot of AD's which can be helpful.

Cheers,

Amin

Amin K, Nov 30, 2010 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Stephanie and Amin,

I am also moving from Vancouver to Switzerland in January-although I am moving to Geneva for an internship. I was wondering whether finding accomodation in Lausanne is as hard as Geneva?

Hi Stephanie and Amin,

I am also moving from Vancouver to Switzerland in January-although I am moving to Geneva for an internship. I was wondering whether finding accomodation in Lausanne is as hard as Geneva?

isabella s, Dec 18, 2010 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Stephanie and Amin,

Dec 18, 10 09:48

Hi Isabella,

Finding in Lausanne in way more easier than Geneva. I have had the experience for Lausanne, and in my case, it took me 6 weeks to find something. I have heard from lots of people who say that in Geneva, that time is much longer. Of course, there are always factors that help: salary, permit type, recommendation letter from employer, being a family, etc.

Good luck with your search :-)

Amin

Hi Isabella,

Finding in Lausanne in way more easier than Geneva. I have had the experience for Lausanne, and in my case, it took me 6 weeks to find something. I have heard from lots of people who say that in Geneva, that time is much longer. Of course, there are always factors that help: salary, permit type, recommendation letter from employer, being a family, etc.

Good luck with your search :-)

Amin

Amin K, Dec 18, 2010 @ 23:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 595 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form