Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New Girl from London has arrived.... on the search for new friends!! :-))))

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Girl from London has arrived.... on the search for new friends!! :-))))

Bonjour!!

Although i've been on Glocals a few months i actually only arrived 10 days ago. I have already fallen in love with the place!! :-) But like most people i'm missing my friends from home so i'm hoping to find some fun like minded people to hang out and explore the city with!

I'm 26, originally from London and now living in Eaux Vive. I'm open minded, love to travel, love experiencing new places and meeting new people. There seems to be so many great bars and cafes to explore here in Geneva so would be great to meet some new poeple to go for a coffee or glass of wine with. I'm also a shopaholic so if theres any girls out there that need a shopping buddy im your girl! ;-)

I speak basic french and will be continuing my lessons here (so if anyone knows of a good private tutor or wants to do language exchange please let me know).

Best Wishes,

Emily

The text you are quoting:

Bonjour!!

Although i've been on Glocals a few months i actually only arrived 10 days ago. I have already fallen in love with the place!! :-) But like most people i'm missing my friends from home so i'm hoping to find some fun like minded people to hang out and explore the city with!

I'm 26, originally from London and now living in Eaux Vive. I'm open minded, love to travel, love experiencing new places and meeting new people. There seems to be so many great bars and cafes to explore here in Geneva so would be great to meet some new poeple to go for a coffee or glass of wine with. I'm also a shopaholic so if theres any girls out there that need a shopping buddy im your girl! ;-)

I speak basic french and will be continuing my lessons here (so if anyone knows of a good private tutor or wants to do language exchange please let me know).

Best Wishes,

Emily

Emily LAug 12, 2014 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

23 Replies | 1894 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Girl from London has arrived.... on the search for new friends!! :-))))
Post 1

Hi Emily ,

Welcome to Geneva and glocals!! Check the "things to do" and the "Groups" section to find events and activities and get you on your way to meeting people and knowing Geneva.

I'm sure you will meet a lot of great people.

Come back here to the forum if you have any questions, helpful people around here, so posting and searching will get you all the answers you need.

Enjoy!

Aymeric

Hi Emily ,

Welcome to Geneva and glocals!! Check the "things to do" and the "Groups" section to find events and activities and get you on your way to meeting people and knowing Geneva.

Come back here to the forum if you have any questions, helpful people around here, so posting and searching will get you all the answers you need.

Enjoy!

Aymeric

Aymeric Brossard, Aug 12, 2014 @ 15:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome to Geneva, Em!

What brings you here? Lemme guess: if you're a London girl, you're probably a banker, and Geneva full of banks, so that's it. Correct?

Welcome to Geneva, Em!

What brings you here? Lemme guess: if you're a London girl, you're probably a banker, and Geneva full of banks, so that's it. Correct?

Nir Ofek, Aug 12, 2014 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Emily ,

Enjoy!

Aymeric

Aug 12, 14 15:01

Thank you fipr the welcome Aymeric, i'll be sure to check out the sections you mentioned!

Thank you fipr the welcome Aymeric, i'll be sure to check out the sections you mentioned!

Emily L, Aug 12, 2014 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Welcome to Geneva, Em!

Aug 12, 14 15:58

Actually Nir your wrong! Im not a banker. I work for a consultancy firm within the luxury goods market. But it was a good guess as there is indeed a lot of english bankers here! 

Actually Nir your wrong! Im not a banker. I work for a consultancy firm within the luxury goods market. But it was a good guess as there is indeed a lot of english bankers here! 

Emily L, Aug 12, 2014 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Emily,

i can help you with french , free of charge , you just need to practice , no secret.

I am in Geneva so you wanna go out and enjoy let me know .

Cheers.

Hi Emily,

i can help you with french , free of charge , you just need to practice , no secret.

I am in Geneva so you wanna go out and enjoy let me know .

Cheers.

K-rimo, Aug 12, 2014 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Emily- I'm in the same boat, I arrived last Saturday from London and don't know anyone either. Unfortunately I can't help you with the French, as I am pants, but can help in the coffee/wine/shopping area of things :)   

Let me know if you fancy meeting up.

Take care,

Nina

Hi Emily- I'm in the same boat, I arrived last Saturday from London and don't know anyone either. Unfortunately I can't help you with the French, as I am pants, but can help in the coffee/wine/shopping area of things :)   

Take care,

Nina

Nina H, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

@emi + nina:

you ladies should join the glocals networking dinner next week, if there are places left:

http://www.buyclub.ch/geneva/deals/musical-chairs-dinner-rooftop42-aug2014/

@emi + nina:

you ladies should join the glocals networking dinner next week, if there are places left:

Mark Spencer, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

ps: it's nice to see this thread, which is an example of how this site works. a person just arrives in geneva and posts something, and within hours other people volunteer to help out. doesn't hurt that em's picture is not un-attractive, but i've seen the same dynamics also when there's no pic

ps: it's nice to see this thread, which is an example of how this site works. a person just arrives in geneva and posts something, and within hours other people volunteer to help out. doesn't hurt that em's picture is not un-attractive, but i've seen the same dynamics also when there's no pic

Mark Spencer, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Fantastic just what i need. I shall private message you soon to find out more about the lessons!

Fantastic just what i need. I shall private message you soon to find out more about the lessons!

Emily L, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Take care,

Nina

Aug 13, 14 19:08

Yay so good to see a fellow brit girl! :-) I've just messaged you!

Yay so good to see a fellow brit girl! :-) I've just messaged you!

Emily L, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

@emi + nina:

Aug 13, 14 19:28

Thanks Mark! I've just looked and i dont think theres any places left :-( but i'll be sure to look out for the next one (if there is one). Thanks for suggesting it though and hope you enjoy the evening!

Thanks Mark! I've just looked and i dont think theres any places left :-( but i'll be sure to look out for the next one (if there is one). Thanks for suggesting it though and hope you enjoy the evening!

Emily L, Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Hi Paul!

Hahaha i'm glad its not just me!!

A drink at some point would be great, even if it is just to laugh at each others bad french! Or this expat group drinks this weekend sounds good, do you know where i can find the post? I'll have a little look for it now...

Hi Paul!

Hahaha i'm glad its not just me!!

A drink at some point would be great, even if it is just to laugh at each others bad french! Or this expat group drinks this weekend sounds good, do you know where i can find the post? I'll have a little look for it now...

Emily L, Aug 13, 2014 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Emily,

hope you will enjoy Geneva and all what is has to offer .

If you want to go out for a drink or discover the night life , just let me know i would be glad to invite you .

Let me know if you are free this week end ?

Cheers.

Chak.

Hi Emily,

hope you will enjoy Geneva and all what is has to offer .

If you want to go out for a drink or discover the night life , just let me know i would be glad to invite you .

Let me know if you are free this week end ?

Cheers.

Chak.

K-rimo, Aug 14, 2014 @ 00:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hey Emily,

I also just arrived and don't really know anyone yet either. I've also seen a lot of cute bars and cool places to have drinks, go out and of course also some nice shops :)

Let me know if you're up for drinks, coffee or anything else really :) I'm usually up for most things! :)

Take care,

Sara

Hey Emily,

I also just arrived and don't really know anyone yet either. I've also seen a lot of cute bars and cool places to have drinks, go out and of course also some nice shops :)

Let me know if you're up for drinks, coffee or anything else really :) I'm usually up for most things! :)

Take care,

Sara

Sara K, Aug 29, 2014 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hey everyone,

I arrived in Switzerland on Wedensday, living close to Morges, think its about 30 mins by train to Geneva. would be great to meet up for drinks, coffee, etc. Definatly missing the UK, friends and family

Thanks 

Logan :)

Hey everyone,

I arrived in Switzerland on Wedensday, living close to Morges, think its about 30 mins by train to Geneva. would be great to meet up for drinks, coffee, etc. Definatly missing the UK, friends and family

Thanks 

Logan :)

Logan B, Aug 29, 2014 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Welcome to Geneva! :) I'm always up for coffee, drinks, etc. Let me know if you want to meet up :)

Welcome to Geneva! :) I'm always up for coffee, drinks, etc. Let me know if you want to meet up :)

Sara K, Aug 29, 2014 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Im going to Lausanne tomorrow if anybody wants to meet me there? Just going to explore and see what it's got. I could come to Geneva next week 

Im going to Lausanne tomorrow if anybody wants to meet me there? Just going to explore and see what it's got. I could come to Geneva next week 

Logan B, Aug 29, 2014 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hello I'm Marina,

I'm also in Geneva since a few months but don't know a lot of people here I'm from Paris, tonight I'm attending the event for the newers to take a drink:

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 @ 20:00
Key and Eagles - Rue de Grenus 7 - 1201 Geneva - Tel.: 022 731 71 30 - Ask for "Glocals" table, Geneva

Maybe I'll see you there otherwise I'll be glad to go have a coffe, a drink, to go out, maybe go to Geneve plage with this nice weather!!!!

Cheers

Hello I'm Marina,

I'm also in Geneva since a few months but don't know a lot of people here I'm from Paris, tonight I'm attending the event for the newers to take a drink:

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 @ 20:00
Key and Eagles - Rue de Grenus 7 - 1201 Geneva - Tel.: 022 731 71 30 - Ask for "Glocals" table, Geneva

Maybe I'll see you there otherwise I'll be glad to go have a coffe, a drink, to go out, maybe go to Geneve plage with this nice weather!!!!

Cheers
MARINA D, Aug 30, 2014 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi Marina,

Also from London although have been living in GVA for a long time now. So welcome. Switzerland has a lot to offer, it is beautiful, has mountains, lakes, great skiing, etc. Don't make the mistake of comparing Geneva to London. Both places have a lot to offer in their own unique way. Great sites like Glocals, WRS, etc are very useful for discovering what is happening entertainment wise. If you want to explore, the trains are marvellous and run on time - a huge shock for me when I first arrived afer growing up in London.

Cheers

Hi Marina,

Also from London although have been living in GVA for a long time now. So welcome. Switzerland has a lot to offer, it is beautiful, has mountains, lakes, great skiing, etc. Don't make the mistake of comparing Geneva to London. Both places have a lot to offer in their own unique way. Great sites like Glocals, WRS, etc are very useful for discovering what is happening entertainment wise. If you want to explore, the trains are marvellous and run on time - a huge shock for me when I first arrived afer growing up in London.

Cheers

delseta9_, Aug 31, 2014 @ 20:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Emily, Sara and other newbies...

I am in the same situation too so shall we arrange a meet up? I am pretty for coffee, drinks etc...

I moved over here from London too 2 weeks ago so it would be fab to meet other Londoners and locals too:)

Hi Emily, Sara and other newbies...

I am in the same situation too so shall we arrange a meet up? I am pretty for coffee, drinks etc...

I moved over here from London too 2 weeks ago so it would be fab to meet other Londoners and locals too:)

Po W, Sep 1, 2014 @ 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

eeey. I'm in for all what's about fun too. :) 

I'm coming to geneva this weekend and I've no glue of anything. Haha

I just know that I want to meet cool people, do party, go for a coffee etc. :)

I'm still busy with finding a spot to stay but I think I wanna have a 'hi geneva, I'm here' drink ASAP :-D

So I would be very grateful if you would include me a lil bit in your plans. <3 

And btw:

23 years old, german/austrian, have been before in nyc and now down for a great time in genevaaa :)

eeey. I'm in for all what's about fun too. :) 

I'm coming to geneva this weekend and I've no glue of anything. Haha

I just know that I want to meet cool people, do party, go for a coffee etc. :)

I'm still busy with finding a spot to stay but I think I wanna have a 'hi geneva, I'm here' drink ASAP :-D

So I would be very grateful if you would include me a lil bit in your plans. <3 

And btw:

23 years old, german/austrian, have been before in nyc and now down for a great time in genevaaa :)

Jess B, Sep 10, 2014 @ 01:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi everyone! another newcomer here! I'm from Costa Rica and just arrived to Geneva a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all up for that "hi Geneva, I'm here" drink! So please let me know if something comes up!

Hi everyone! another newcomer here! I'm from Costa Rica and just arrived to Geneva a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all up for that "hi Geneva, I'm here" drink! So please let me know if something comes up!

Adrian Q, Sep 10, 2014 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Hi my name is david! 

I just arrived about 5 days ago! I need friends for the weekend! I am here for a few months due to an internship with the U.N. ! I I'm from California, USA. I need friends who are interested in showing me around and like outdoor activities also! 

Hi my name is david! 

I just arrived about 5 days ago! I need friends for the weekend! I am here for a few months due to an internship with the U.N. ! I I'm from California, USA. I need friends who are interested in showing me around and like outdoor activities also! 

David Sanabria, Sep 10, 2014 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
23 Replies | 1894 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form