Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New To Geneva

Hi Everyone,

I'll be arriving in Geneva in about a weeks time with my family.  We'll be staying in Nyon for the first few weeks, and then moving to Mies where we'll be based for a while.  Would be great to meet up with anyone.. litterally anyone who can show us around and share any knowledge they have regarding life in Geneva.

Also, I love football, so any 11 a side teams looking for plays, please let me know.

Thanks 

Nicholas

The text you are quoting:

Hi Everyone,

I'll be arriving in Geneva in about a weeks time with my family.  We'll be staying in Nyon for the first few weeks, and then moving to Mies where we'll be based for a while.  Would be great to meet up with anyone.. litterally anyone who can show us around and share any knowledge they have regarding life in Geneva.

Also, I love football, so any 11 a side teams looking for plays, please let me know.

Thanks 

Nicholas

Nicholas LDec 29, 2016 @ 22:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New To Geneva
Post 1

Welcome welcome, Nicholas! And (soon) Happy New Year! Where are you from? And what brings you here?

Would be happy to meet up with you anytime for a drink and a chat. You can also check out the glocals "Things to Do" section and join some upcoming events (Pub Quiz, movies, ski outings, hikes, language exchange, etc.). You'll meet a great bunch of people that way, too.

A good way to find people with similar interests, like football, is to join appropriate groups (see third orange tab across the top of this site) and/or post something in the Forums. You might also find earlier posts from others reqeuesting the same thing. Just be careful and look at the date to make sure you don't get excited about someone forming a 11-a-side football team in 2009! ;)

Welcome welcome, Nicholas! And (soon) Happy New Year! Where are you from? And what brings you here?

Would be happy to meet up with you anytime for a drink and a chat. You can also check out the glocals "Things to Do" section and join some upcoming events (Pub Quiz, movies, ski outings, hikes, language exchange, etc.). You'll meet a great bunch of people that way, too.

A good way to find people with similar interests, like football, is to join appropriate groups (see third orange tab across the top of this site) and/or post something in the Forums. You might also find earlier posts from others reqeuesting the same thing. Just be careful and look at the date to make sure you don't get excited about someone forming a 11-a-side football team in 2009! ;)

Zonker, Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: New To Geneva
Post 2

Thank you :) We're coming from London.  My wife has been relocated for her work, so i'll definitely be looking to build a network once I arrive.  I'm working as a photographer and film makerin fashionand advertising, so I'm hoping to meet anyone in that field too :)

I'll check out the page fully, and i'll be sure to look at the dates before I start replying to posts.  And yes, when I arrive, we should meet up.

Speak soon :)

Thank you :) We're coming from London.  My wife has been relocated for her work, so i'll definitely be looking to build a network once I arrive.  I'm working as a photographer and film makerin fashionand advertising, so I'm hoping to meet anyone in that field too :)

I'll check out the page fully, and i'll be sure to look at the dates before I start replying to posts.  And yes, when I arrive, we should meet up.

Speak soon :)

Nicholas L, Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form