Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New expat couple in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New expat couple in Geneva

Hey everyone! My wife and I just moved to Geneva from the US (Michigan) and we're very excited to call ourselves residents of this beautiful city. We're looking forward to traveling, learning as much French as possible, trying new things, and making new friends. I am on a 2-3 year assignment with a large international accounting firm. My wife hopes to find part-time or full-time work as well, possibly in the childcare/babysitting field. We currently live in tempororary housing but need to find a permanent apartment before the end of September. Any recommendations from the group are more than welcome. Merci beaucoup !

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone! My wife and I just moved to Geneva from the US (Michigan) and we're very excited to call ourselves residents of this beautiful city. We're looking forward to traveling, learning as much French as possible, trying new things, and making new friends. I am on a 2-3 year assignment with a large international accounting firm. My wife hopes to find part-time or full-time work as well, possibly in the childcare/babysitting field. We currently live in tempororary housing but need to find a permanent apartment before the end of September. Any recommendations from the group are more than welcome. Merci beaucoup !

Joseph SleeviAug 28, 2017 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1265 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New expat couple in Geneva
Post 1

Hello! My expat husband and I live in Carouge in Geneva and couldn't recommend it enough! He is a research scientist and I am a private science tutor so I often have a fair bit of time on my hands during the day and we've just adopted a dog from a rescue shelter. Welcome! 

Hello! My expat husband and I live in Carouge in Geneva and couldn't recommend it enough! He is a research scientist and I am a private science tutor so I often have a fair bit of time on my hands during the day and we've just adopted a dog from a rescue shelter. Welcome! 

Andrea Ogbonna-James, Aug 28, 2017 @ 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Joseph,

I grew up in Michigan - welcome to Geneva! I've been here 4.5 years and would be happy to help you acclimatize, just drop me a line.

Best,

Steve

Hi Joseph,

I grew up in Michigan - welcome to Geneva! I've been here 4.5 years and would be happy to help you acclimatize, just drop me a line.

Best,

Steve

Steve A, Aug 29, 2017 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Joseph,

Welcome to Geneva! Arriving in summer is a great idea ;)

I am french, living in Geneva for 10 years now, and my wife is from the US.

To find an apartment, I invite you to check the ads here, as well as all the Régies websites : spg, bordier, etc..

We would be happy to help you and your wife if you need anything. Feel free to send me a message any time.

Have a good one,

Jonathan

Hello Joseph,

Welcome to Geneva! Arriving in summer is a great idea ;)

I am french, living in Geneva for 10 years now, and my wife is from the US.

To find an apartment, I invite you to check the ads here, as well as all the Régies websites : spg, bordier, etc..

We would be happy to help you and your wife if you need anything. Feel free to send me a message any time.

Have a good one,

Jonathan

Jonathan Guillot, Aug 29, 2017 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi to all, and Welcome to Geneva Joseph, Smile
I'm writting on this forum as a friend of mine and myself created a website (in french and english ) of massages for couples/and single parents and kids,( done in the same room, with two tables next to each other).
I be happy to give you tips about Geneva as well,  I lived here all my life exept for 16 years in the US.

Here is the website www.massagea2.ch
a
nd some glocals reviews on me if you want more details
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Institut-de-Medecine-Naturelle/

Hi to all, and Welcome to Geneva Joseph, Smile
I'm writting on this forum as a friend of mine and myself created a website (in french and english ) of massages for couples/and single parents and kids,( done in the same room, with two tables next to each other).
I be happy to give you tips about Geneva as well,  I lived here all my life exept for 16 years in the US.

Here is the website www.massagea2.ch
a
nd some glocals reviews on me if you want more details
http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Institut-de-Medecine-Naturelle/

Michel D, Aug 30, 2017 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Jospeh,

Welcome to Geneva. My husband and I, we just moved from Boston to Geneva and we would love to invite you guys over for a glass of wine or we can meet up at a bar if you guys have time. 

Best, Kerstin 

Hi Jospeh,

Welcome to Geneva. My husband and I, we just moved from Boston to Geneva and we would love to invite you guys over for a glass of wine or we can meet up at a bar if you guys have time. 

Best, Kerstin 

Kerstin Voigt, Sep 4, 2017 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello!

My husband and I also just moved to Geneva with a big 4 company. :) My husband is the auditor, I am (so far) along for the ride but also looking to find work. We are from Minneapolis, MN and have been here just about a week. I would love to connect with your wife as I am sure her and I have more time on our hands right now and we would like to meet up with you both and anyone else that you have met up with! Be in touch!

Best,

Allison (and Brady) Gibbs

Hello!

My husband and I also just moved to Geneva with a big 4 company. :) My husband is the auditor, I am (so far) along for the ride but also looking to find work. We are from Minneapolis, MN and have been here just about a week. I would love to connect with your wife as I am sure her and I have more time on our hands right now and we would like to meet up with you both and anyone else that you have met up with! Be in touch!

Best,

Allison (and Brady) Gibbs

Allison Gibbs , Sep 5, 2017 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello Joseph, you both have similar story to ours. My partner and I moved to Geneva 2 weeks ago because of his work as a Financial Planer. I am currently unemployed, therefore had a chance to look for the decent apartment. I found extremely helpful to join the facebook groups such as Expats in Geneva or Apartment for rent in Geneva, etc. Literally, within 2 weeks time we had few viewing and made an agreement to move on 1st October. And we don't speak French (at the moment, in process

Hello Joseph, you both have similar story to ours. My partner and I moved to Geneva 2 weeks ago because of his work as a Financial Planer. I am currently unemployed, therefore had a chance to look for the decent apartment. I found extremely helpful to join the facebook groups such as Expats in Geneva or Apartment for rent in Geneva, etc. Literally, within 2 weeks time we had few viewing and made an agreement to move on 1st October. And we don't speak French (at the moment, in process
Natalja Zelenkova, Sep 19, 2017 @ 10:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1265 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form