Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New in Geneva; Looking to make some new friends.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New in Geneva; Looking to make some new friends.

Hi. My name is Joseph and I just moved to Geneva, from Accra-Ghana. Purpose of being in Geneva is the acquisition of an MBA, and I am currently enrolled in the MBA program at EU Geneva.

As it happens, this is the first French speaking country/city that I have had the pleasure of living in, so, predictably, my french is not very good (in fact, I almost have nothing besides the greetings, numbers and basic courtesies). I would like to make some new friends in Switzerland; and hopefully some of my new friends might be able to add a word or two to my vocabulary. 

Cheers, and stay blessed!

The text you are quoting:

Hi. My name is Joseph and I just moved to Geneva, from Accra-Ghana. Purpose of being in Geneva is the acquisition of an MBA, and I am currently enrolled in the MBA program at EU Geneva.

As it happens, this is the first French speaking country/city that I have had the pleasure of living in, so, predictably, my french is not very good (in fact, I almost have nothing besides the greetings, numbers and basic courtesies). I would like to make some new friends in Switzerland; and hopefully some of my new friends might be able to add a word or two to my vocabulary. 

Cheers, and stay blessed!

Joseph MSep 16, 2016 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 928 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New in Geneva; Looking to make some new friends.
Post 1

Hi,

Best thing to do is to join glocals activities and start building your network of friends.

There are english/french coffee sessions organized here and there, just look at the programme.

Cheers

Hi,

Best thing to do is to join glocals activities and start building your network of friends.

There are english/french coffee sessions organized here and there, just look at the programme.

Cheers

Nicky G, Sep 17, 2016 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi. Thanks a lot for the heads up. I will definitely try that. Cheers.

Hi. Thanks a lot for the heads up. I will definitely try that. Cheers.

Joseph M, Sep 17, 2016 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi

I sen d yesterday an email. Will be nice to meet you

Hi

I sen d yesterday an email. Will be nice to meet you

annef g, Sep 18, 2016 @ 08:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Annef. Thanks for the email. I have sent you a reply. Do have yourself a lovely day, and take care.

Hi Annef. Thanks for the email. I have sent you a reply. Do have yourself a lovely day, and take care.

Joseph M, Sep 18, 2016 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I'd suggest you really go for the tandems if you want to improve your French - it's perfectly possibly to spend years in geneva without speaking a word of french :)

I'd suggest you really go for the tandems if you want to improve your French - it's perfectly possibly to spend years in geneva without speaking a word of french :)

Svenja R, Sep 18, 2016 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Svenja, your suggestion is very much appreciated. In fact, i have joined a couple of language exchange groups; hope that helps in improving my french. I also kind of figured out about living in Geneva with very little french; one of the reasons I haven't wanted to pull the few remaining hairs off my face yet. But thanks a lot for the assistance. Have a great day and Stay blessed.

Hi Svenja, your suggestion is very much appreciated. In fact, i have joined a couple of language exchange groups; hope that helps in improving my french. I also kind of figured out about living in Geneva with very little french; one of the reasons I haven't wanted to pull the few remaining hairs off my face yet. But thanks a lot for the assistance. Have a great day and Stay blessed.

Joseph M, Sep 18, 2016 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 928 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form