Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New in Geneva looking for accommodation, Some help would be appreciated!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New in Geneva looking for accommodation, Some help would be appreciated!

hello to all! 

im from Colombia and I'm happy to join to the community and have the opportunity to make new friends. I will arriving in geneva the second of jan to start and intership the 9th. Sadly I still cannot find any place to stay :(

if someone have any information of a room or an apartment to share please don't hesitade to contact me 

The text you are quoting:

hello to all! 

im from Colombia and I'm happy to join to the community and have the opportunity to make new friends. I will arriving in geneva the second of jan to start and intership the 9th. Sadly I still cannot find any place to stay :(

if someone have any information of a room or an apartment to share please don't hesitade to contact me 

María claudia Orozco García Dec 27, 2016 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New in Geneva looking for accommodation, Some help would be appreciated!
Post 1

Welcome to Geneva and the glocals community.  You’ll soon make lots of friends here.

For accommodation, check out the Classifieds where you’ll find plenty of offers and where you can also place your own advertisement.

All the very best for your stay and the New Year,

Ritchie

Welcome to Geneva and the glocals community.  You’ll soon make lots of friends here.

For accommodation, check out the Classifieds where you’ll find plenty of offers and where you can also place your own advertisement.

All the very best for your stay and the New Year,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Dec 27, 2016 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hello to all! 

Dec 27, 16 15:27

Hi Maria

Let me know if you are interested in an apartment available until the 23rd of January --flexible dates.

Best wishes

Hi Maria

Let me know if you are interested in an apartment available until the 23rd of January --flexible dates.

Best wishes

SASHI J, Dec 28, 2016 @ 08:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Maria,

It's true, it can be hard to find accomodation here in Geneva. most people I know had to find temporary (a few days, a few weeks) housing at first before they were able to find something more permanent.

Looks like Sashi's offer might be a good first option....

Maria,

It's true, it can be hard to find accomodation here in Geneva. most people I know had to find temporary (a few days, a few weeks) housing at first before they were able to find something more permanent.

Looks like Sashi's offer might be a good first option....

Zonker, Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Maria,

There is a good offer of house shares in Geneva. A decent bedroom in central Geneva costs between CHF800 and CHF1200, depending on the location, the apartment and owner's greed to make money.

If you are willing to live a bit outside of Geneva or even in France voisine (Ferney, Anemasse, Gaillard, St . Julien) then you can find rooms as cheap as CHF600 per month.

I have paid as low as CHF600 for a simple room with no furniture once, but that is hard to find in central Geneva. However I have also paid CHF1200 for a very nice room in a luxurious apartment with lots of space.

Hello Maria,

There is a good offer of house shares in Geneva. A decent bedroom in central Geneva costs between CHF800 and CHF1200, depending on the location, the apartment and owner's greed to make money.

If you are willing to live a bit outside of Geneva or even in France voisine (Ferney, Anemasse, Gaillard, St . Julien) then you can find rooms as cheap as CHF600 per month.

I have paid as low as CHF600 for a simple room with no furniture once, but that is hard to find in central Geneva. However I have also paid CHF1200 for a very nice room in a luxurious apartment with lots of space.

geojusto, Dec 30, 2016 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello Maria,

Dec 30, 16 15:22

May I add a word of warning?

Unfortunately, living in France is not an option for everyone because

much depends on the nationality of the intern and where he/she will be working.

Just saying in order not to raise high hopes that can’t be fulfilled

May I add a word of warning?

Unfortunately, living in France is not an option for everyone because

much depends on the nationality of the intern and where he/she will be working.

Just saying in order not to raise high hopes that can’t be fulfilled

Ritchie, Dec 30, 2016 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form