Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New in town and looking for

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New in town and looking for

Hi everyone!

I just arrived in Geneva this week for a banking work assignment, will be here for 6months. Other than the people at work, I'd like to know more people for a more enriching experience.

Feeling a little lost/bored and looking for people to hang out/explore Geneva (and Europe) with, the summer weather is just so lovely! There are so festivals coming up, hope to find people who are interested in going too.

Cheers

Nikki

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone!

I just arrived in Geneva this week for a banking work assignment, will be here for 6months. Other than the people at work, I'd like to know more people for a more enriching experience.

Feeling a little lost/bored and looking for people to hang out/explore Geneva (and Europe) with, the summer weather is just so lovely! There are so festivals coming up, hope to find people who are interested in going too.

Cheers

Nikki

nikki cJun 11, 2011 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New in town and looking for
Post 1

Hey, wellcome to Geneva!

What sort places would you like to visit and what festivals do you have in mind? I might be interested.

Hey, wellcome to Geneva!

What sort places would you like to visit and what festivals do you have in mind? I might be interested.

Andrew I, Jun 11, 2011 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi!

I really have a huge list of places i want to go both within and beyond Switzerland.. For example, within (Bern, Lucern, Zermatt, Davos, Neuchatel..)

Beyond: Budapest, Amsterdam, Greece, London, Brussels, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, scuba diving in Austria, you name it.. really want to take the opportunity to travel abit but mostly short trips over the weekend..

As for the festival, paleo, montreux (sadly I can't find tickets to the interesting acts) anymore.. So really, anything..

Any advice is welcome!

Hi!

I really have a huge list of places i want to go both within and beyond Switzerland.. For example, within (Bern, Lucern, Zermatt, Davos, Neuchatel..)

Beyond: Budapest, Amsterdam, Greece, London, Brussels, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, scuba diving in Austria, you name it.. really want to take the opportunity to travel abit but mostly short trips over the weekend..

As for the festival, paleo, montreux (sadly I can't find tickets to the interesting acts) anymore.. So really, anything..

Any advice is welcome!

nikki c, Jun 11, 2011 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Within Switzerland I am interested in visiting Luzern, Interlakken, Zug, Zurich, St Gallen, Lugano, or anyplace in the mountains...

Outside of Switzerland I am interested in exploring north of Itally, going to places in Scandinavia, Finland, Ireland... I lived in Edinburgh before coming to geneva, it's a great place. I think I will go again this summer to visit some friends and such. I was in Amsterdam recently, very nice city.

Within Switzerland I am interested in visiting Luzern, Interlakken, Zug, Zurich, St Gallen, Lugano, or anyplace in the mountains...

Outside of Switzerland I am interested in exploring north of Itally, going to places in Scandinavia, Finland, Ireland... I lived in Edinburgh before coming to geneva, it's a great place. I think I will go again this summer to visit some friends and such. I was in Amsterdam recently, very nice city.

Andrew I, Jun 11, 2011 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Andrew and Nikki,

I have been to all those places mentioned and more.  Why dont we all get together (and any other interested parties) and discuss?  Furthemore, there is a Travel Group led by Matt B...join for info on upcoming trips.

Andrew and Nikki,

I have been to all those places mentioned and more.  Why dont we all get together (and any other interested parties) and discuss?  Furthemore, there is a Travel Group led by Matt B...join for info on upcoming trips.

Chris Shailos, Jun 11, 2011 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Nikki,

How are you ? Here's 2 tips for you  a green drink and a festival you don't need tickets to coming up in June.

june 15th : green drink brasserie des halles de l'ile

june 25th : sustainable developement garden party (that's the festival).

You can cjeck both infos on my profile.

Both theses occasions will be a chance to provide you with what you are looking for.

Have a beautiful day.

Yvan

Hi Nikki,

How are you ? Here's 2 tips for you  a green drink and a festival you don't need tickets to coming up in June.

june 15th : green drink brasserie des halles de l'ile

june 25th : sustainable developement garden party (that's the festival).

You can cjeck both infos on my profile.

Both theses occasions will be a chance to provide you with what you are looking for.

Have a beautiful day.

Yvan

yvan claude, Jun 13, 2011 @ 09:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Nikki!
Welcome to Geneva! I hope you will enjoy your stay in Switzerland especially in  the summer. I would enjoy to meet you up for drink and I could give you good advice and tips about the nice place to visit in Switzerland.

Take care and have nice week end

Mustapha

Hi Nikki!
Welcome to Geneva! I hope you will enjoy your stay in Switzerland especially in  the summer. I would enjoy to meet you up for drink and I could give you good advice and tips about the nice place to visit in Switzerland.

Take care and have nice week end

Mustapha

Architect_4u, Jun 25, 2011 @ 21:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form