Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New(ish) to Geneva/ from New York

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New(ish) to Geneva/ from New York

Hi! My name is Sam and I got into town (outside of Geneva) about a month ago. I have met a good amount of people (mostly boyfriend's friends from CERN) and have been out and about, but I'm still looking to meet new people and have new experiences!

I'm looking for fun-loving, creative people that are up for anything! Message me if you're feeling the same

The text you are quoting:

Hi! My name is Sam and I got into town (outside of Geneva) about a month ago. I have met a good amount of people (mostly boyfriend's friends from CERN) and have been out and about, but I'm still looking to meet new people and have new experiences!

I'm looking for fun-loving, creative people that are up for anything! Message me if you're feeling the same

samantha combsAug 17, 2015 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1516 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New(ish) to Geneva/ from New York
Post 1

Hello, my wife and I just moved from New York as well.  Currently in temp housing in Geneva and will be looking to find a more permanent place over the next couple of months.

We are brand new and really do not know anyone yet (have not started my job, which should help) but if you and your boyfriend are around we would love to grab drinks/coffee sometime. 

Let us know and hopefully we can figure something out

Hello, my wife and I just moved from New York as well.  Currently in temp housing in Geneva and will be looking to find a more permanent place over the next couple of months.

We are brand new and really do not know anyone yet (have not started my job, which should help) but if you and your boyfriend are around we would love to grab drinks/coffee sometime. 

Let us know and hopefully we can figure something out

Christopher Lee, Aug 20, 2015 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello! My husband and I just moved to Geneva from Minneapolis about a month ago, and we are in the same situation. We don't many people yet either. We'd love to join you all if you get together for drinks or something! 

Melissa 

Hello! My husband and I just moved to Geneva from Minneapolis about a month ago, and we are in the same situation. We don't many people yet either. We'd love to join you all if you get together for drinks or something! 

Melissa 

Melissa Traen, Aug 20, 2015 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Melissa, my wife and I are in.  Where are you guys in the city?  We are currently staying in the Eaux-Vive area, cloer to Parc de le Grange.  

We seriously got here 2 days ago so really do not know where to go at all yet, so if you have a favorite bar or something let us know - we would be happy to meet up (and as I am not working we really  have nothing to do but explore the city).

Chris

Melissa, my wife and I are in.  Where are you guys in the city?  We are currently staying in the Eaux-Vive area, cloer to Parc de le Grange.  

We seriously got here 2 days ago so really do not know where to go at all yet, so if you have a favorite bar or something let us know - we would be happy to meet up (and as I am not working we really  have nothing to do but explore the city).

Chris

Christopher Lee, Aug 20, 2015 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello newly arrived couples!

My husband, Steve, and I have been here since April 2015 but for one reason or another have not had the chance to meet many new people. He's working at CERN while finishing his PhD from Columbia University. 

We've been traveling a ton recently and are now keeping it local for a while. We both enjoy the outdoors- running, hiking, biking, etc. and haven't gone out for drinks in quite some time. 

Let me know if you'd like to get together or if you have any questions. I feel I've had to figure out many things the hard way and would love to help make your transition easier. 

Cheers, 

Monique

Hello newly arrived couples!

My husband, Steve, and I have been here since April 2015 but for one reason or another have not had the chance to meet many new people. He's working at CERN while finishing his PhD from Columbia University. 

We've been traveling a ton recently and are now keeping it local for a while. We both enjoy the outdoors- running, hiking, biking, etc. and haven't gone out for drinks in quite some time. 

Let me know if you'd like to get together or if you have any questions. I feel I've had to figure out many things the hard way and would love to help make your transition easier. 

Cheers, 

Monique

Monique C, Aug 21, 2015 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello Sam,

Hope you enjoing your time in Swiss! Where are you staying (out of town)? what places you have already explored and what are up to?

If you need someone to spend time and explore together, feel free to message me here or just to make it easy, here is my No +41 79 851 31 03 (whatsApp)!

Thank yoy,

Afrim

Hello Sam,

Hope you enjoing your time in Swiss! Where are you staying (out of town)? what places you have already explored and what are up to?

If you need someone to spend time and explore together, feel free to message me here or just to make it easy, here is my No +41 79 851 31 03 (whatsApp)!

Thank yoy,

Afrim

Afmago I, Aug 21, 2015 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello New Yorkers and welcome to Geneva!

About a more permanent place, you can check here at classifieds Housing & Real Estate, that might help you out! I do help people move in and out. We can go and grab a coffee and see how we can help. feel free to contact me, here is my No 079 851 31 03

Thank you,

Hello New Yorkers and welcome to Geneva!

About a more permanent place, you can check here at classifieds Housing & Real Estate, that might help you out! I do help people move in and out. We can go and grab a coffee and see how we can help. feel free to contact me, here is my No 079 851 31 03

Thank you,

Afmago I, Aug 21, 2015 @ 17:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Sam, I'm a former New Yorker (lived there twice for short time) and I know what it can be like to be new here. Welcome , it is a great place, and people are easier to meet over time, but quicker now than in the 90's when there was no internet!. This is the third time for me here and every week I still discover something new. contact me if you want some company or advice...I raised my daughter here for 6 years.

Take care, Kate

Hi Sam, I'm a former New Yorker (lived there twice for short time) and I know what it can be like to be new here. Welcome , it is a great place, and people are easier to meet over time, but quicker now than in the 90's when there was no internet!. This is the third time for me here and every week I still discover something new. contact me if you want some company or advice...I raised my daughter here for 6 years.

Take care, Kate

Kate Lanxner, Aug 21, 2015 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Sam, 

I don't know anyone in the area here yet and I would love to get out and do some expolring, sports, coffee, drinks.

Let me know if you're ever free and in need of company :) 

Kim 

Hi Sam, 

I don't know anyone in the area here yet and I would love to get out and do some expolring, sports, coffee, drinks.

Let me know if you're ever free and in need of company :) 

Kim 

Kim v, Sep 2, 2015 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Dear New Yorkers, 

You're all a sight for sore eyes. My husband is starting a physics job at CERN this fall, and we are moving from Brooklyn to Geneva in late August. (He's a physicist, I'm a writer who's lived in NYC since college.) Would anyone have recommendations for moving companies? I see that a lot of Glocal members recommend Harsch, but I'd love to have feedback on your own moving experiences.

Thank you in advance. I'd love the chance to meet in the fall.

Yours,

Yvette

Dear New Yorkers, 

You're all a sight for sore eyes. My husband is starting a physics job at CERN this fall, and we are moving from Brooklyn to Geneva in late August. (He's a physicist, I'm a writer who's lived in NYC since college.) Would anyone have recommendations for moving companies? I see that a lot of Glocal members recommend Harsch, but I'd love to have feedback on your own moving experiences.

Thank you in advance. I'd love the chance to meet in the fall.

Yours,

Yvette

Yvette S, Jun 22, 2016 @ 01:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1516 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form